PDA

View Full Version : Cuckoo Clocks??

GhostHost999
08-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Quick Question folks,

Do they still have the shop in the Germany exhibit in World Showcase that sells the cuckoo clocks.

My grandmother (for whatever reason) really wants a cuckoo clock and so on my next trip to WDW I wanna see if can grab one for her.

DunkieKong
08-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes, the shop with the cuckoo clocks is still there. I always tell myself I'm going to buy one while I'm there, but they are kinda pricey, and I end up getting something else. Maybe this time....

dizknee531
08-05-2008, 01:55 AM
When my mom went to the real Germany, she bought a clock 30 years ago. I was at epcot and the clocks are beautful. Would definitely get one.They are equally beautiful.

laprana
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Yes, it's still there! The clocks are pretty pricey, but they do have a decent selection from smaller, less expensive clocks to really elaborate and super expensive ones. If you're flying and plan to take the clock back in your carryon, be prepared to be stopped at security! My sister bought my mom a cuckoo clock a few years ago in WDW and brought it home on the plane in her carryon. The security screeners couldn't figure out what it was, and pulled the whole thing out of her bag, out of the box, out of the packaging, and then just crammed it all back in when they saw it was a clock. Not sure what they found weird about it, maybe the gears? :confused:

julyjewel
08-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I would love to get one of those clocks!

tinksmom02
08-05-2008, 10:29 PM
We actually found one we liked in 2004, came home and bought the exact same one off of eBay for half the price.

Bethis26fan
08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I remember looking at them and thought they were pretty high. I can't remember now how high they were though.