PDA

View Full Version : CSR getting queen beds??

buzz2001
08-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Yes!! From what I hear, the queen beds are a definite!! There will also be a substantial number of king beds added.

Also, let’s just say that there will be many upgrades to CSR in the coming year.

There will be upgrades to décor and furnishings as well as services. I think that it will all be very exciting.

Tinkerfreak
08-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Wow the smaller beds have been one of the main things keeping us from trying a moderate this will be a good thing for lots of people.

Diznee4Me
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Let's keep our fingers crossed for queen beds!

PetefromRI
08-02-2008, 03:47 PM
As long as they keep it priced as a moderate!

PirateLover
08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
If this is true, maybe they are setting up CSR to be the new budget honeymoon spot, now that CBR is recruiting families with Nemo and Pirates themes.

badllamamama
08-04-2008, 08:11 AM
WOW! That great news buzz!!

buzz2001
08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
As long as they keep it priced as a moderate!2009 rates are up and there is no increase!!

badllamamama
08-05-2008, 07:23 AM
thanks for posting!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
That would be great, the reason we decided the mods weren't worth the extra bucks was the beds are the same size as the values....if they go to Queen size I might have to think twice next time

jrkcr
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
This sounds great!!

I don't mind the smaller beds while at WDW, cause I curl up and completely pass out at night....but I know DH will appreciate it!! He sleeps like a steam roller.

KAT1811
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Another reason to love CSR!!!

thrillme
08-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I've never bothered to upgrade from the values because the moderates have doubles (who in the heck even invented the double bed...sheesh). The deluxes are too expensive.

We lucked out our last vacation (not Disney)...our first resort had a king and a sleeper for DS. The second resort had two beautiful queens and the last resort (we stayed at the orlando airport) had a nice king and a very comfortable rollaway.

Even the Values have PLENTY of room for two queens. I never use that silly dining table anyway.

tink2006
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
When is this rehab going to happen? On our return trip this year (July) I told my DH that we should try CSR next summer....It would be wonderful to be able to sleep in a queen bed!

buzz2001
08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
When is this rehab going to happen? On our return trip this year (July) I told my DH that we should try CSR next summer....It would be wonderful to be able to sleep in a queen bed!Should be done by July. It starts 10/2008.

nikki'smom
08-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the info buzz!! Queen beds will be a great addition!! :thumbsup:

KatMark
08-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Buzz, as you know this has made us very happy. Although we would have continued to stay at CSR without the queen beds, it is just another reason to love the CSR.

buzz2001
08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Several of our buildings already have the queens in them. As of now, Ranchos 6B, 7A, and 7B have them.

buzz2001
08-14-2008, 09:22 PM
The queen beds will be the same used at WDW deluxe resorts.

buzz2001
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
All of the Ranchos have the queen beds now.
Just last week, they started work on Casitas 4 & 5.

kakn7294
08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I suppose this is good news for fans of CSR - I'm not one of them after our stay last week but our room in Ranchos 7B did have queen beds which was a nice bonus. However, I must complain that the blankets were still too small.

PetefromRI
08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Allright kakn7294,let's hear about your stay.I'll be there in less than 2 weeks for a first time and I'm curious now about your gripes with the CSR.We're getting a King bed so the Queens don't matter to me on this trip.

kakn7294
08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Allright kakn7294,let's hear about your stay.I'll be there in less than 2 weeks for a first time and I'm curious now about your gripes with the CSR.We're getting a King bed so the Queens don't matter to me on this trip.Well, I don't want to scare anyone off - your stay might be totally great but here it goes! As I said, we were in Ranchos 7B - not our requested location of Casitas. Our room was the furthest possible location from both the main building and the elevator in the building. The signage around the resort was more confusing than helpful - DH got lost every time he went to the health club. Our room seemed dirty. There were several areas on the carpet that were stiff or obviously stained. There was hair on the floor in the bathroom behind the door that wasn't ours, the coffee cups were never clean, and there was dust on the top of the tv cabinet. 3 nights in a row we returned from the parks to find the coffee was not replenished in our room and we had none. I called after the 3rd time and it took them over an hour to bring it. Some days we had enough washcloths, some days not. Our mousekeeper was German and understood very little English - leaving notes didn't help at all. The hallways outside the room were dirty - the same trash and dirt was there our entire stay. The paint was chipping from the walls and the landscaping needed some attention. There were also a lot of spiders (outside the room only) which I know isn't Disney's fault but I don't do spiders. We did think the lake setting is beautiful. We never made it to the main pool but the quiet pool beside our building was very nice. Breakfast at Maya Grill was decent the one time we ate there. We never ate at Pepper Market because it was too far away - I also didn't buy a mug for this same reason. The in-room dining menu looks decent but the added fees and gratuities made it rather expensive so we didn't use that either. The gift shop is very nice and has a well-varied selection. The resort staff is nice but doesn't seem as Disney-friendly as at some of the other resorts. I can't say we had a terrible stay, but it wasn't up to the standards I expected from a Disney moderate, especially one that caters to conventions. We had much better stays at both CBR and POFQ and even at ASSp and ASMu.

KAT1811
08-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Kathy,

So sorry to hear that you did not care for CSR. We love CSR and have always been lucky to have clean rooms and great service. Did you try the golf cart shuttle to get you to El Centro? That would have considerably cut down on your commute time. Hopefully sometime you'll give CSR another try and it will be better. Like I said before we love CSR (it is one of our favorite resorts) and have always had a wonderful stay. Hope the rest of your trip was fabulous!

PetefromRI
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm real sorry to hear that.As usual,I'll go with an open mind knowing that no matter what,we'll have a great trip.I hope your experience was an exception to the rule.Thanks for your post!

kakn7294
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm glad to here that I haven't scared you off! Hopefully, you'll have a great trip! I know a lot of people love CSR - I'm just not one of them. I don't know if I'll ever get around to staying there again - there are so many other places to stay that we've never tried and someday I intend to be able to say that I've stayed at them all! The rest of the trip was great and the resort didn't really tarnish it.

buzz2001
08-19-2008, 09:21 PM
As for the rooms, the rehab will start 10/08. That should address the paint and carpets.

For the rooms begin dirty, I hope you called the front desk and spoke to a manager. That's the only way things like that can be taken care of.

ALso, 7b isn't the furthest building so it could have been worse. Rancho 7b is right behind cabana 8a. There are a few ranchos more past 7b.

sacandjac
08-20-2008, 05:08 PM
We've stayed at CSR twice and loved it both times. We found the grounds beautiful, the pool great and we love the Pepper Market. Our experiences there were equal to the other resorts we've stayed at. Great service and clean rooms. Going again in January, 2009:thumbsup:

lilolvr
08-21-2008, 07:53 AM
All of the Ranchos have the queen beds now.
Just last week, they started work on Casitas 4 & 5.Yes, very good news for CSR fans!! Thanks buzz!! :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
After completion of this update, will all beds at CSR be either 2 Queens or 1 King? Another words, you will not have to request a queen bed will you?

buzz2001
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
After completion of this update, will all beds at CSR be either 2 Queens or 1 King? Another words, you will not have to request a queen bed will you?correct! All the ranchos are done and half the casitas. Cabanas will be done last. They are also adding another 100 kings beds for a total of 224. :number1:

buzz2001
08-27-2008, 07:55 AM
They are working on casita 3 now!!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x195/LifeOfAPirate/IMG_1823.jpg

Belle94
08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know the order the refubishments will go in? I assume it will be one section at a time. We are planning a stay for April and would love to get a refurbished room but also think Cabana's look like the best location for us. Thanks!

lilolvr
08-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know the order the refubishments will go in? I assume it will be one section at a time. We are planning a stay for April and would love to get a refurbished room but also think Cabana's look like the best location for us. Thanks!That's the million dollar question.

buzz2001
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
The installation of the QUEEN BEDS is now up to casita 1 & 2. After these two buildings, only the 4 cabana buildings will be left.

PetefromRI
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
We just returned yesterday (9/8)from the CSR.We had a king room booked and we were on the free dining package.I have to agree with everything that Kathy said except our room was always clean except for the day they forgot to clean it(which we reported).The resort is beautiful but just too darn big for us.We requested the Cabanas and ended up in Ranchos 7B just like Kathy.The main pool does have a place to refill your mugs but it closed to early so night time swims were drinkless.We never saw a golfcart once to drive us to El Centro until the conventioneers showed up on the weekend and then it seemed that they were catered to.One morning I took the bus to get back to my bus stop and ended up going to DTD.The driver said that they changed something in the bus computer and we should have been told that the DTD bus won't bring you to the bus stops in the early morning.Luckily I was the only person on the bus so he ended up turning around and bringing me back.I think if I had small ones,I'd avoid this resort during conventions because the language being thrown around was pretty graphic.I'm in constuction but I know when to turn it off but this group didn't really seem to care that they were in Disney or in public for that matter.
The Pepper Market is by far the best foodcourt in Disney and on the meal plan it's even better.You could get a steak dinner for a QS credit and all the food is cooked to order.The prices are a little higher but the food quality was great.
We really like the CBR or the FQ better as far as Moderates go.We felt that we could get a prefered room at the CBR or any room at the FQ and be close to the action.
As I've said,this is a beautiful resort and we found it to be clean and the service for the most part is Disney,not to mention the best pool area in Disney World with an enormous Hot Tub.The busses were almost always empty and the bus stops at the parks are very convenient.It just wasn't our cup of Java but I always tell people to try the resorts for yourself,you may just love it.

buzz2001
09-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Sorry about your stay Pete. I'm glad to hear you made the best of it. Did you like the queen beds? I love the Pepper Market too.

CSR no longer offers the golf cart service. They only offer it when a convention group is willing to pay extra for it.

Mousemates
09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Yea for queen beds...they will make our late december stay a much nicer affair...severely lessening the intensity of the bed wars that tend to take place on nights our DS & DD have to share a full bed.

KathyMO
09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
The installation of the QUEEN BEDS is now up to casita 1 & 2. After these two buildings, only the 4 cabana buildings will be left.

Do you believe they will have queen beds in all the rooms by Thanksgiving? We will be checking in Thanksgiving day.:turkey:

kakn7294
09-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Pete, I was curious as to what you thought of CSR. I'm glad you posted. I'm sorry it wasn't a really magical experience for you either. I won't rule out every staying there again, but it won't be my first choice. We too prefer POFQ or CBR but to each his or her own. I guess that's why there are so many choices of resorts!

Tinkerbella16
09-12-2008, 04:28 PM
How come CSR is getting Queen sized beds, and the other moderates aren't???

If they're gonna change one resort, then they should change all 4 resorts...I hate the full size beds!!

thrillme
09-12-2008, 05:14 PM

If they're gonna change one resort, then they should change all 4 resorts...I hate the full size beds!!

I don't care for full size either. I think eventually all the moderates will get them they just can't all get them at once. We're staying at the CSR next month...I'm crossing everything I can cross in hopes of getting a queen. My husband and I are both rather "fluffy" and full sized beds are just not comfy.

Tinkerbella16
09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't care for full size either. I think eventually all the moderates will get them they just can't all get them at once. We're staying at the CSR next month...I'm crossing everything I can cross in hopes of getting a queen. My husband and I are both rather "fluffy" and full sized beds are just not comfy.

I don't think you'll have a problem with not getting a room with the new beds next month...a few others have already mentioned that most of the rooms at CSR already installed the queen matresses. Looks like they're moving along pretty quickly! I hope they do the others. that would be cool. I'll tell ya what though... The beds at POR gave me a very good sleep the whole week we were there. It was nothing like the beds at the values! Something was a bit different about the POR beds than the value beds, I just don't know what though. Queens would be amazing for all of the moderates...more room, better sleep, more comfy! :cloud9:

KAT1811
09-12-2008, 11:32 PM
I'll tell ya what though... The beds at POR gave me a very good sleep the whole week we were there. It was nothing like the beds at the values! Something was a bit different about the POR beds than the value beds, I just don't know what though.

Are you positive it wasn't pure exhaustion from touring? LOL!

buzz2001
09-20-2008, 08:20 AM
All installation of queen beds in the casitas and ranchos is now complete. All that remains are to install the queen beds in the cabana section (4 buildings).

buzz2001
09-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Do you believe they will have queen beds in all the rooms by Thanksgiving? We will be checking in Thanksgiving day.:turkey:Definitely!

buzz2001
09-20-2008, 08:22 AM

If they're gonna change one resort, then they should change all 4 resorts...I hate the full size beds!!CSR is competing with off site convention resorts so that is why they are upgrading the rooms, beds and adding club level rooms. It's not to compete with the other WDW mod reosrts.

buzz2001
10-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Just a quick little rehab update:
Cabanas 9B is now closed for rehab.

ginger19
10-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Just a quick little rehab update:
Cabanas 9B is now closed for rehab.

Do you know if there are queens in all of the other sections? We check in next week :mickey:

buzz2001
10-29-2008, 11:28 AM
They are just finishing up the cabanas. As of last week, cabana 8b did not have them yet.

ginger19
10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
They are just finishing up the cabanas. As of last week, cabana 8b did not have them yet.

Thank you :thumbsup:

buzz2001
11-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Pic of the new queen beds.
http://i38.tinypic.com/sgh91t.jpg

The queen beds have already been installed in all the ranchos and casitas buildings. They are working on the cabanas and are almost done. Cabana 9b will be the new home of all the club level rooms and as of right now, all whole building is down for the construction. The CSR rehab is also under way in the casita section. Every room at CSR will be getting new everything, including flat panel tv's and new furniture. This is an exciting time for CSR lovers!!

The only space lost is under the bed because the new beds sit on a solid base that doesn't allow anything to go underneath.

buzz2001
11-03-2008, 09:44 AM
As of this morning, every building has queen beds, well except 9B, which has no beds in it currently!

RockinRollerMom
11-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the update buzz!

jrkcr
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Great news!! Thanks for keeping us updated!
We check in in 13 days!! :yay:

buzz2001
11-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Great news!! Thanks for keeping us updated!
We check in in 13 days!! :yay:Have a great trip!

buzz2001
12-01-2008, 05:41 AM
All the buildings have already been updated to queen beds. There are 100 rooms around the resort that do not but all the others are complete. These 100 rooms are being converted to KING rooms so that is why they still have the double beds.