PDA

View Full Version : The all powerful room key

angua85
08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I have bought 6 nights in WDW for myself and my 2 young-adult daughters for early September 09. We took advantage of the DDP (we dont go for the food- but heck! it was free!). I will connect a credit card to the room key.

So- my girls will probably head off to roam alone. How does the park help the vacationer separate DDP from extra-thats-charged-to-room? Let's say, they go (without me) to a restaurant and buy the TS meal, but also buy an appetizer and dessert.

Is there something that flags to them- hey you are beyond the DDP inclusion and are now into extra?

Thanks in advance!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

We found that the servers were very good (sometime annoyingly so) at telling at what was and wasn't included with each of the dining plans. Many went as far as to ask to see a room card, and then walk us through what we could and couldn't order.

In case your daughters are still unsure, they will get a bill at the end for the items that weren't included in the DDP (and a great place to add the tip).

Wickster1970
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
On the dining plan, can't you order any of the main entree on the menu....or only 'select' entree?

Drumguy074
08-02-2008, 05:01 PM
It's my understanding that you can order any entree from the menu, and that you will receive a receipt that has your remaining number of meal credits on it. Also you can visit the concierge at your resort and they should be able to tell you the credits you have remaining.