PDA

View Full Version : Should I go?

PrincessTracie
08-01-2008, 07:20 PM
So yesterday I started having a dull ache in my throat and today I have a full blown sore throat. It hurts so bad to swallow or not and its only on one side. I looked at it in the mirror and it is really red/swollen and I noticed a very very tiny white spot. I also have a headache.. not sure if that has anything to do with it.

So my question is, would you go to the doctor today or would you wait and not spend $25 co-pay to have them tell you that you have a sore throat and take a lozenge?

motherof4
08-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I would go to the doctors it could be strep throat and I would'nt fool around with that. Good Luck and I hope you feel better.

IamBelle
08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=PrincessTracie;1704297] I noticed a very very tiny white spot.[QUOTE]

Is the white spot on the inside or outside of your throat? If its outside, it sounds like a mosquito bite to me. And w/ all this stuff going around about them I would go just to make sure everythings okay. I hope you feel better!!

PrincessTracie
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
The white spot is on my tonsil. I think I am going to the doctor.. I am going camping next week so I want to get on antibiotics now if I do have strep so I won't be contagious next week. Wish me luck!!

BronxTigger
08-02-2008, 12:38 AM
When I had those symptoms, it was over a 3 day weekend. I was going to wait and go to the doctor on the Tuesday, but I ended up in the ER on Sunday or Monday. It started as a dull ache on both sides and continued to get worse to the point where I could not swallow at all - the swallowing I HAD to do brought tears to my eyes. Both tonsils were swollen and what started as one little white spot turned into two completely white, swollen tonsils. I had to get a penicillin shot. (I had tonsillitis.)

GO TO THE DOCTOR!!

Tink2002
08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Take it from someone who has had strep throat at least once a year since I was a kid - that little white spot definitely means that something is up. Even if it isn't strep, you're better safe than sorry to go get it checked out.

J9
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
That same thing happened to me in May. Wound up being strep. It's way better to get the medicine than to wait it out. Trust me!