PDA

View Full Version : The Wave??

IamBelle
08-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Has anyone been to the Wave in the Contemporary?? I heard it used to be Concourse Steakhouse and was wondering if I should add it to my ADRs.
Thanks!
IamBelle

big blue and hairy
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, it replaced the Concourse Steakhouse, but it actually went in the area that used to be the Food & Fun Center. The area where Concouse was will be Chef Mickey's Express, as CS location.

I haven't checked it out yet, I hope to soon.

:sulley:

#1disneyfan
08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I was wondering what the Wave was :blush:!

karenrarintogo
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I just switched my reservations from a restaurant in the World Showcase tonight to try the Wave. We're going mid Sept during free dining. It's a new TS option on the DDP.
I saw some great reviews (and pictures) of this restaurant and some menu offerings on another webiste. The desserts look WONDERFUL--it looks like you can choose a delcious-looking sampler of 3 from a variety of choices.
I was very happy it still had availabilty for free dining. I'm thinking that maybe a lot of people haven't heard of it or they made their ADR's before the restaurant opened. :mickey::cloud9:

dizknee531
08-01-2008, 11:36 PM
We can't wait to try it!! Can't wait to hear reviews!!

mouseketeer mom
08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
We have ADR's for later in August at the Wave, but I'm not thinking the menu looks so good. Maybe its just me. We love to try new places, so I'm sure we'll end up keeping our ADR..

Friend of Figment
08-03-2008, 04:01 PM
We had breakfast there this morning. It was deserted so we were walk ups. We had the continenetal breakfast. It came with a choice of juice (orange, cranberry, tomato or apple or she said basically any cold drink you want), coffee and three pastries. The pastries were an apple strudel, a chewy granola bar (good, but my least favorite) and a muffin/bread pudding type bread with raisins and nuts and spices. It was all very good and for $7.29 cheaper nthan a coffee drink and roll at the coffee bar.

bkfree
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Last trip we went to Dinner at 1900 Park Fare and loved it so I had booked an ADR for our upcoming trip.
But after reading so many posts about the changes in regard to food on the buffets, especially the kids part, I called and canceled.

I got an ADR for DInner at the Wave. The menu looks fine and I am always up for a new experience.I have read some really good reviews of it on another board.
Looking forward to hearing some recent reviews of dinner.

GhostHost999
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I hope this turns out to be a nice place...they got rid of two of my favorite things to make it...(the food and fun center and the concourse steakhouse). *shudder*

Natazu
08-06-2008, 03:03 AM
We had breakfast there this morning. It was deserted so we were walk ups. We had the continenetal breakfast. It came with a choice of juice (orange, cranberry, tomato or apple or she said basically any cold drink you want), coffee and three pastries. The pastries were an apple strudel, a chewy granola bar (good, but my least favorite) and a muffin/bread pudding type bread with raisins and nuts and spices. It was all very good and for $7.29 cheaper nthan a coffee drink and roll at the coffee bar.
Awesome. I'm glad to hear it was good. We're doing a dinner and a lunch there in December. I'm really looking forward to it as I see more positive reviews.

Hope you're having a blast!!!

caryrae
08-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, it replaced the Concourse Steakhouse, but it actually went in the area that used to be the Food & Fun Center. The area where Concouse was will be Chef Mickey's Express, as CS location.

I haven't checked it out yet, I hope to soon.

:sulley:

I just read this in the current Orlando Attractions Magazine:

Also had a nice article about The Wave.

coming soon: a family-friendly fourth floor
The closure of the Concourse Steakhouse paves the way for expansion of the quick service resturaunt, currently named Tempo Grab and Go, as part of the multi-year revitalization of Disney's CR. The 4th flor Grand Concourse will become primarily family focused- including expansion of the entrance to Chef Mickey's later this year. The updated entry will include a photo opportunity in Mickeys Kitchen.