PDA

View Full Version : where can 2 adults & 3 teens stay ?

goofyfan4466
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
i'm not sure ,but i thought i read somewhere that the cabins are now priced in the moderate range. we have a set of twin girls who want to bring a friend with them,so we are looking for the best prices. we are in planning stages for 2010.can we book a dvc room,even though we do not belong to the dvc ?also what about the allstar music family suites.any info. on them? does allstar movies have any family suites? this is our favorite value resort.we have never stayed at pop century. thanks for any and all info.

bruin1344
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
my family of 5 was in the same boat when i was a teen, we usually just got 2 rooms next to each other at one of the allstars, the 2 rooms together were cheaper than one room at a moderate or delux

CleveSJM
08-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I agree with bruin1344 that 2 Values are better (and a little cheaper) than a Family Suite. With two rooms you get 4 real beds and two bathrooms vs. 3 beds one bath and a fridge in the Family Suite. A cabin will work too but it is more expensive.

You can get a trundle bed room at POR and it should work ok if the guest is less than about 5'5" inches tall.

Mousemates
08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I think the answer to your question is dependent upon a few unknowns...first how old are the twins and their friend (Which might make PO work with the trundle bed...as long as there is not a fight over who gets to or has to sleep in it). The other thing is the time of the year you plan on going....remeber rooms costs vary siginificantly during the year...and if you time your visit right you can save big.

For instance, if you plan on going in a value season then you might be able to get a room in south wing at the contemporary which has a day bed and sleeps five for not a whole lot more than you would pay for two prefered rooms at the Pop in the busy season.

I'd suggest taking a look at the rate /season sheet and then (knowing what you can afford and what its project to cost at the times of year you will be able to travel) make a decision.

goofyfan4466
08-01-2008, 05:13 PM
I think the answer to your question is dependent upon a few unknowns...first how old are the twins and their friend (Which might make PO work with the trundle bed...as long as there is not a fight over who gets to or has to sleep in it). The other thing is the time of the year you plan on going....remeber rooms costs vary siginificantly during the year...and if you time your visit right you can save big.

For instance, if you plan on going in a value season then you might be able to get a room in south wing at the contemporary which has a day bed and sleeps five for not a whole lot more than you would pay for two prefered rooms at the Pop in the busy season.

I'd suggest taking a look at the rate /season sheet and then (knowing what you can afford and what its project to cost at the times of year you will be able to travel) make a decision.

my girls are 13 right now & their friend is 12right now. we have been trying to figure where before we pick when. we haven't even asked their friends parents yet. right now at this moment my girls are with their friend and her dad in virginia for a softball tournement and they are going to busch gardens &water country u.s.a.,with that said we have discussed may or possibly nov.-dec. again,but we would have to take all the girls out of school.my girls are very good at school right now,but i know it is going to be harder now,so we are just not sure when.are there actually any value season's any more? if so when are they? thanks for all the answers.

Mousemates
08-01-2008, 11:14 PM
.are there actually any value season's any more? if so when are they? thanks for all the answers.

One of the best places to look is actually here on Intercot.

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/rates/default.asp