PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE of "Payless Transportation"

Disney_Barbie
08-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to post a warning for all looking for a transit company, we foolishly tried a new company the prices at Payless Transportation, seemed too good to be true... well they were! They should call it GET-LESS Transportation.
It was the WORST company I have ever dealt with. We booked a 10-person stretch limo to bring us to our hotel & a town car to bring us back at the end of the trip the confirmation email said the driver would meet us with a sign in front of baggage claim. Well 10 minutes past pick up, he never came, we called to see what the issue was and they told us we needed to haul all our luggage downstairs to go meet him at pick-up spot A45 (they claimed it was a hardly-ever-happens incident that they have to do that, but had my cell phone #, they certainly could have called if for whatever reason he couldn't come up and meet us.) we went down to pick-up spot A45 and stood there for 10 more minutes, no limo... we phoned again, they said he had to circle the airport, and he would be right there... 10 minutes later, no limo! Finally almost 45 minutes after the pick-up time he arrived. Pulled up to the spot and put his window down and yelled our last name at us.
He hardly helped us with our bags, and when we got in the limo, first of all I think it was older than us, second of all the ammonia smell was overwhelming (I mean, I guess I'm glad it was clean, but literally my husband got nauseous from the fumes!) And the A/C didn’t work, Florida in August, you can only imagine how comfortable that was! We had to continuously ask the driver to put up the diver (he kept taking it down) and when we stopped for our grocery stop he told us "better make it quick!" ( I understand we only get 10 minutes, that's fine, he could have POLITELY reminded us that it was only a 10 in stop, instead of scolding us before we even got out of the car!) We timed ourselves and it was 9 minutes from the time we opened the car door @ the grocery store to when we got back in the car. He didn't help us with the groceries or even get out of the car to open the door for us. Oh, and he kept forgetting which hotel we were at, (even though it should have been right there in his paperwork, he still asked us 3 times for some reason). Over all it was HORRIBLE. We decided we needed to cancel our return transfer and book a different company.
Well I called the next day to cancel and about 5 minutes into our conversation I was hung up on! I was given exudes about other customers being trouble-some and I tried to understand but said it REALLY wasn’t fair that I’m getting blamed for other customers. I didn’t even request any short of refund for the horrible car ride just wanted to cancel (and receive full refund) for the second transfer we had booked at the end of the trip. His story changed continuously thru-out the conversation, and worst of all, either he or the driver lied and told me we spent 25 minutes in the grocery store! I requested to speak to a manager or anyone else that could help me and he refused to let me talk to anyone else. After a 15 minute phone call of complete rudeness and unreasonable-ness on the part of their “customer service” department, he only offered me a partial refund.
Honestly, the whole experience was so bad, I wouldn’t get in one of their cars again, if they paid me!

I think, we intercot-ers should band together! Please email <edited per Terms of Service> tell them you read about a horrible experience and will never use them. I would LOVE to show them that the customer is always right by flooding them with a collection of people telling them that one person's bad experience DOES matter. (sorry if I'm being over the top with the vengence here, I was just SOOOO disapointed!)
I've also contacted the BBB of central Florida

DizneyRox
08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm a big advocate of you get what you pay for. When lookilng for services, I throw out the high and the low and go with someone in between.

Mousemates
08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
An itercot alternative is quicksilver transportation (for your next trip...and they give you 30 minutes for groceries to boot).

SandmanGStefani24
08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
sorry your ride was such a bummer! but i'm grateful you let us know about what happened. thanks to you we all are reminded to do a little research before booking something. you do get what you pay for, but geez, that sounded lousy!

Vito
08-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Always book with a credit card.

When you recieve a service that is NOT what was advertised, call your CC company and dispute the charges, claiming they failed to reasonably deliver what they told you they would deliver.

If possible, always get the terms of a company's service in writing (e-mails or websites are fine) and document how they failed to meet these terms.

This is a good rule of thumb when dealing with any company that offers a very low price or a company you've never dealt with before.

BigRedDad
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I just glanced at their website. I know everyone is not tech savvy, but there website was designed by a 3rd grader. 30 minutes of education with Frontpage could render a website 10-times better. The second tip-off is that they say they are "Payless" transportation. This signals that they are one of those 3-card Monte dealers on the streets of NY. The third item is that I would never prepay for the limo. I would put a deposit down to save the reservation, but that is all. Then, when it goes down hill like it did for you, I would refuse to pay the remaining portion of the bill and contact my CC company. This way, it forces an owner/manager to contact you.

Honestly, the difference between them, Happy Limo, Quicksilver. and others was only about $35-$40 for the limo. With 10 people, this is a $4 difference per person for a known level of expectation. If I couldn't swing that, I would have saved the $85 and taken DME.

Mackflava99
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I had to laugh and i am sorry but i totally understand the issue with them- i went to orlando on a businss trip last year and my cheapo boss booked them- they were awful-
late, rude and the guy also drove really slow-

First off- if he provided no AC and was late- i would not have paid the fee- also i hope you didnt tip him.