PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Disney Movie?

Minnie Imagineer
08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Sorry if this is depressing, but I wanted to know which Disney movie has the saddest part in it?

-Lion King when Mufasa dies and then when Simba looks into the heavens and yells :(

-When Dumbo visits his Mother, Jumbo, and cries

-Beauty and the Beast when Belle is crying the Beast died

-Old yeller...:(

-Fox and Hound when she leaves Todd in the forest and its raining

-Bambi when his mom was shot

-When Stitch wants a family, and reads the Ugly Duckling

Bethis26fan
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
old yeller

Nut4DW
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Cinderella - when the stepsisters rip her dress and necklace off (the one she and the animals made) - my daughter cried for hours the first time she saw that (she was 2 at the time)

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Bambi was very depressing, so was Dumbo when they locked up Mrs. Jumbo, but I remember sitting in the theatre during Lion King with tears streaming down my face when Mufasa dies...my sister and I decided to take all our little cousins to the movie and she and I were the ones sitting in the theatre bawling:blush::sob:

Marker
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Old Yeller - hands down

LauraleeH
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Lilo and Stitch always makes me cry when Lilo has her tantrums and then she goes in the hammock with her sister and they talk about their family.

I think my brother cried during Dumbo...ever since he was born, everyone calls him Dumbo.

My friend refuses to watch Fox and the Hound haha.

TheRustyScupper
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I always get teary over the loser basketball team before Flubber in Absent Minded Professor.

EpcotChic23
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Lilo and Stitch and Fox and the hound ( I will never watch that movie)

CleveSJM
08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
old yeller

Yep. Don't cry your eyes out at Old Yeller and you are a robot. :mickey:

I've won two bets with buddies that said they never cry at movies with Old Yeller.

Jeff G
08-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Old Yeller

msc_idiot
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hands down - Fox and the Hound. That "Best of Friends" song makes me sob - you know, that ugly, snorting cry. It used to be my favorite as a kid, too. I guess that wisdom that comes with age isn't all good, huh?

Heather

faline
08-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Old Yeller

ChipnDaleGal
08-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I will never watch Dumbo again. The part where he is seperated from his mommy just kills me. Dumbo is such a cute character, but I hate that movie.

RAIDER
08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Fox and the Hound when she leaves Todd in the woods ...yep ..after watching that scene i gave away the film as i knew i was never ever going to watch it again :blush:

DisneyWhirled
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Let me preface this by saying, that I cry at Lassie....any animal movie brings ears to my eyes.

I would have to give the top spot to Old Yeller, though. :(

Anyone ever see the Friends episode when Phoebe doesn't understand why Old Yeller is sad and has an argument that Old Yeller lives on? They figure out that her mother would stop the movie before the end! :)

princessimagineer
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
i cried during bambi and dumbo.

LauraleeH
08-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Old Yeller. If I have, I don't remember it. I might watch it tonight.

CleveSJM
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM

Anyone ever see the Friends episode when Phoebe doesn't understand why Old Yeller is sad and has an argument that Old Yeller lives on? They figure out that her mother would stop the movie before the end! :)

Yes, and when she does finally watch it she calls it "a sick doggy snuff film". :D

Advnt05
08-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm voting Old Yeller too. I think Bambi is awful the way the take the parent's out. Dumbo is very sad too. I understand that they want children who have been through tragedies to relate and see how you can recover from it.

For once, I want a character to wallow in his grief and not go skipping and singing in a couple of days with their new replacement friends.

DizneyRox
08-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said Brother Bear... It's probably one of the most underrated Disney films, IMHO.

GrmGrninGost
08-01-2008, 07:05 PM
No doubt, Old Yeller. :(

Mad About Mickey
08-02-2008, 08:49 AM
I agree, Old Yeller is the saddest :(.

trennedy
08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I could probably cry in any Disney movie....but the worst for me are Old Yeller, Lion King and Bambi...

Scar
08-02-2008, 02:23 PM
The Lion King... When Scar loses the fight to Simba :crying: ;)

When my sister was little and saw Alice in Wonderland, she cried when Alice fell down the hole because her cat was left alone. She kept asking throughout the rest of the movie "Who is taking care of the cat?"

MickeyAD
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Any Disney movie with animals in peril gets to the teary side of me.

Brother Bear gets me everytime, but here are my top 5 tear-jerkers:

1. Brother Bear
2. The Lion King
3. Benji the Hunted
4. The Fox and the Hound
5. Dumbo

ASweetLov
08-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Bambi is extremelly depressing

pink
08-03-2008, 12:26 AM
This thread reminded me, last year when I was a counselor at summer camp the boss wouldn't let us play The Lion King for the kids because it was too sad. :confused:

For my saddest Disney movie, I remember Lilo and Stitch not being what I expected and a little depressing.

Dixie Springs
08-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I have to agree with "The Fox and the Hound", and that it was enhanced with "The Best of Friends".

Yes, Ol' Yeller was sad (almost manipulatively so), but at least it ends with the redeeming promise of a puppy. "The Fox and the Hound" concludes with a great and unlikely friendship terminated by natural circumstances. The characters just helplessly accept the outcome at the end. Not too magical - had to watch "Sophie's Choice" to cheer up.

disneycutie165
08-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Sorry if this is depressing, but I wanted to know which Disney movie has the saddest part in it?

-Lion King when Mufasa dies and then when Simba looks into the heavens and yells :(

-When Dumbo visits his Mother, Jumbo, and cries

-Beauty and the Beast when Belle is crying the Beast died

-Old yeller...:(

-Fox and Hound when she leaves Todd in the forest and its raining

-Bambi when his mom was shot

-When Stitch wants a family, and reads the Ugly Duckling

I couldn't agree more! I have to add Narnia when the White Witch kills Aslan. Also when Edmund gets stabbed by the White Witch! Those 2 parts killed me for 3 years whenever I watched it!:( High School Musical makes me cry ocassionally when fights turn up!

Rhetoric2000
08-04-2008, 10:18 AM
At the risk of sounding familiar:

Old Yeller
Fox and the Hound

Of which I'll agree with one of the more recent posters that Fox and the Hound is the sadder - as despite its animated nature it rings truer as a story, while Yeller is going deliberatly all out to get your tears.

Mackflava99
08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
This is a great post- so many Disney films hae sad parts which make a mark on us-
I also hate sad ending movies-

My vote goes for: Lion King- its so sad-

F&H, Dumbo, Bambi- they all have those sad parts...Old yeller is still a tear jerker-
But Mustafa was such a vibrabt character-
Dumbos Mom, or bambis Mom were not as prominent.

CleveSJM
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Thought of another one that hasn't been mentioned.

A Christmas eve tradition at our house is to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. Ghost of Christmas Future, Kermit and Piggy talking about burying Tiny Tim... Pretty sad.

rnin02
08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one to cry during Lilo and Stich. I don't remember Old Yeller or The Fox and the Hound well enough, but I'm sure I cried then too. I also bawl like a baby during "8 Below" which is a Disney movie, isn't it?