PDA

View Full Version : mini golf

motherof4
08-01-2008, 08:20 AM
does anyone know where the mini golf courses are and do the disney buses take you there?

biodtl
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Winter Summerland is just outside Blizzard Beach, so you can take the BB bus directly from your resort.

WishingStar2006
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
The other one, I think, is by the Swan and Dolphin. There are no buses that go to the mini golf directly...you have to get to a park or hotel nearby and walk. That is what has kept us from ever playing....afraid we'll get stranded! Enjoy!

Nascfan
08-01-2008, 12:06 PM
As biodtl said, Winter/Summerland is right near Blizzard Beach, so take that bus.

For Fantasia Gardens/Fairways, they are right by Swan and Dolphin, so it is reccommended that you take the bus to Studios and then either take the boat or walkway to Swan/Dolphin and follow the path between the two hotels and right across the street. That's what we did and it worked quite well. Enjoy! :mickey:

Ropachs
08-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Nascfan-
We are planning to walk from DHS to FG...do you know about how long that walk will be?
Thanks!

Nascfan
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Nascfan-
We are planning to walk from DHS to FG...do you know about how long that walk will be?
Thanks!

It should be about 15 to 20 minutes depending on your pace of speed. It took us (2 adults and a teenager) about 15 minutes, and it was warm that day, so we didn't hurry. It is a nice walk, along the water for quite a ways. I can't figure it would take more than 20 at the absolute most.

readytogo2
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Which one is easier?? How much do they cost??

AdventurerKim
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
We love Fantastia Gardens which is fun (some easy holes, some hard), and I want to play Winter Summerland on one of our next trips since we've never played there. I think it's like $10/person for a round, but we've gotten 1/2 off another round coupons when we've paid for a round. With those, we usually play again. We walk from either Epcot or DHS to the Swan/Dolphin and over to the course. It only takes about 15-20 minutes, as someone else said. There's a walkway that leads out into the street alongside a pool that leads right to the golf courses. We played at night once and got back to the Swan/Dolphin late and didn't want to fool around with a bus to DTD to get back to POP, so we asked the bellhop if someone could take us back to POP, and we got a ride.

Ropachs
08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the info!

streets of paris
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
FF is great for adults but I think could frustrate children. The holes are smaller versions of real holes with sand, water, and tough greens. My wife and I really enjoyed it but kids might not think it's fun - it's more like real golf.

Tink#64
08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
As biodtl said, Winter/Summerland is right near Blizzard Beach, so take that bus.

For Fantasia Gardens/Fairways, they are right by Swan and Dolphin, so it is reccommended that you take the bus to Studios and then either take the boat or walkway to Swan/Dolphin and follow the path between the two hotels and right across the street. That's what we did and it worked quite well. Enjoy! :mickey:

:ditto: We took the bus to DHS & rode the boat over to the Swan & Dolphin, very peaceful & pretty grounds to walk across, we walked across the street & voila! We did the same in reverse with no problems! And here I thought I was so smart! :cloud9: I had printed out the transpo info from InfoCentral & took it with us a couple of years ago & it helped us move around The World so much easier! :rocks: We had actually planned on an afternoon of mini golf at Winter/Summerland, when an afternoon STORM came up & sent us to the room from the pool! I thought it was too late to try for WS as the busses weren't going to running for BB very late that evening, so after having just visited the Boardwalk Resort for dinner & riding the boat by the S & D, & consulting the map & the transpo info, we figured it would be easy! It was great! We love riding the boats, it gives us an entirely new perspective of things in The World! :thumbsup:

sophie peach
08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
we went to the swan/dolphin and crossed teh street
if in doubt have a look on google earth

Little Round Bale
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't forget you annual pass it you have one, you get a discount.:number1: