PDA

View Full Version : Are check in desks always open?

homeschool mom
08-01-2008, 07:49 AM
We are driving to WDW in Sept. and won't be arriving at Pop until around 10:00 p.m. Just wondering if it's a problem to check in that late in the day.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Should not be a problem; we've done it. I would call ahead the day before, and let them know of your arrival time. It would help to speed up your checkin time so you can hit the sack and get ready to play the next day! If you're ever flying and using Magical Express you may choose to have your bags delivered the next morning and just bring whatever you need for that night in your carryon. (We sat up waiting one night till a ridiculous hour, thinking they were coming, but sometimes they automatically assume you want them to wait till the next day. Called and they brought them right up.:blush:)

disneymom15
08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
We arrived late in the evening several times. Never had a problem. They'll be there.

TheRustyScupper
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Front Desks are manned 24/7.

SAHDad
08-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I would assume that they are manned 24/7. In January, I walked through the lobby several times in the wee hours of the morning (like 3-4 am), and there was someone there. Shouldn't be a problem, though, as others have suggested, you might want to consider having ME deliver bags the next day.

(Actually, it's always a good idea to try and have a change of clothes in your carry-on bag, just in case something happens to your luggage.)

DizneyFreak2002
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
The only time I had a little issue is when I arrived early... Last year, I arrived at Pop at around 1:00 in the afternoon... My room was still not ready... Was told to call back at 3:00... But arriving later than the check in time shouldn't be an issue...

CleveRocks
08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
The OP is driving to WDW ... NOTHING about Disney's Magical Express applies in this case.

There is absolutely no need to call ahead to a WDW resort for a "late" arrival. You aren't considered a no-show until after 6:00 a.m. the following day. If calling makes you feel better, then go for it ... but realize that it won't cause the resort to do anything differently.

An arrival at that time may be strange and different for you, but for the CMs it's just another day (um ... NIGHT!) at the office.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-01-2008, 09:42 PM
The OP is driving to WDW ... NOTHING about Disney's Magical Express applies in this case.

There is absolutely no need to call ahead to a WDW resort for a "late" arrival. You aren't considered a no-show until after 6:00 a.m. the following day. If calling makes you feel better, then go for it ... but realize that it won't cause the resort to do anything differently.

I did pick up on the driving part. As you might note I said "if you're ever driving" thinking it might help someone else out who was reading this and might have a late flight. Seems like helping each other out here is what we're about...
The reason we called in our particular case was that for a medical reason we needed a room as close as we could get to the lobby, and knew these would likely be taken by the time we arrived....I received the suggestion to call on these boards.....:wave:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-01-2008, 11:01 PM
As Rusty Scupper said, the Front Desk has staff 24/7. Hotels don't close down for the night. At the hotel I used to work at, it was the night auditors that ran the front desk overnight while they closed out the day's business. You won't have any problems checking in at that hour.

TheRustyScupper
08-02-2008, 12:40 AM
As Rusty Scupper said, the Front Desk has staff 24/7. Hotels don't close down for the night. At the hotel I used to work at, it was the night auditors that ran the front desk overnight while they closed out the day's business . . .

1) The minimum night staff is two;
. . . Front Desk (check-in, express check-out, etc)
. . . Rooms (accounts, assigns, other computer duties)
. . . most work 4-10hr nights, but not all
2) Some resorts have 2-4 Front Desk CM's.
3) If they are not out front, there is an automatic buzzer.
4) They then come out to meet the guest.