PDA

View Full Version : March 10 - 15, 2009 - Any tips / advice?

kakn7294
07-31-2008, 10:44 PM
DD's high school band is going next spring, March 10 - 15. We're planning to go as well whether we are chaperones or just going on our own. We've never been that time of year before and I'd like some tips. We've been in mid-May, July, August, mid-September, and early December just for reference. I also looked up Easter next year and it's not until April 12.

1. What's the weather like that time of year and what kind of clothing do we need?

2. What kind of crowds should we expect?

3. What are typical park hrs? I suspect that they close earlier than we're used to.

4. Last year, did they have P&P parties during that time?

5. We are now AP holders - are there usually room discounts during that time and what would they be for the value / moderate range? I know I can't count on getting one, but one can always hope! BTW, this past year, that time period was value season.

I did look at the Info Central section and got some answers, but I wanted to hear from fellow Intercotees about live experiences. And anything else that you can think of will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

disneygeek84
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Pack a sweatshirt or light jacket. Last year when we went for Spring Break it was in the 60s most of the week and the wind was chilly. But on that note, when we went in '04 the same week it was really hot. So it never hurts to bring one, even if you don't use it. Better safe than sorry!

As far as crowds go...I would go expecting the worse, and then getting the best. As many times as I've gone in Mid-March, they've never been the same. When it was hot, it was crowded. When it was cold and rainy, it was moderate. So it's hard to say about how crowds might be, but just know that even with Easter being in April, Texas has Spring Break in Mid-March every year, as do many other states.