PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring charges to the room

angua85
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Is there a way to check current balance on the room? I am taking my young adult daughters 9 22 and 25) to WDW for a last fling. I plan to leave a credit card number, but need to see how fast we are building a balance. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Angua

DumboMom
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
You can go to the front desk at your resort and they can pull up and print out this information for you.

I love doing this because I can track my charges after my trip. I like to see what I spend the most on and see where I can save in the future:mickey:.

CleveRocks
07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Is there a way to check current balance on the room? I am taking my young adult daughters 9 22 and 25) to WDW for a last fling. I plan to leave a credit card number, but need to see how fast we are building a balance. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

AnguaAt any time, as often as you wish, you can go to your resort's front desk and request a print-out of your room charge account. It will be an updated accounting of your up-until-that-moment charges.

If you hit your room charge upper limit, you can go to or call your resort's front desk and verbally authorize a new room charge account. It takes just a few seconds.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I may be wrong, but I could swear when my mom put down her credit card, they asked her if she wanted to put a spending limit on her Key to the World card and that way she had to check back in if she wanted it increased....I put down cash on mine and just went back and gave them more when I got low....

CleveRocks
08-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I may be wrong, but I could swear when my mom put down her credit card, they asked her if she wanted to put a spending limit on her Key to the World card and that way she had to check back in if she wanted it increased....I put down cash on mine and just went back and gave them more when I got low....Regardless of the method of paying for the room charge (cash or credit or whatever), there is an UPPER limit amount for the room chargem as determined by the level of the resort: Values, $500; Moderates, $1,000; Deluxes, $1,500. You can choose to set a lower limit if you wish.

If you use plastic to back-up the room charge, they DO NOT place any hold on the card and they DO NOT charge anything to your account. You only get charged when you reach th elimit or it's the morning of your check-out day, whichever comes first.