PDA

View Full Version : Transfering from AK to DTD?????

disneygeek84
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
We have a trip planned for mid-Sept of this year. One of our days we have planned to be in AK all day as they have evening EMH so the park will be closing at 8pm. Since it will still be closing pretty early my husband and I decided to head to DTD for Earl of Sandwich and a little shopping before calling it a night.

What would be the quickest way to get from AK to DTD? We'll be driving down to WDW so we'll have our car with us. Would it be easier to just drive since we'll have free parking at AK? Or would it be easier to just take Disney Transportation to get there?

I've been to Disney so many times, but we usually head to DTD from our resort on the first or last day so I've never had to transfer from a park to DTD.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated! TIA!

Tick-Tock
07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Driving your own car would be quickest. If for some reason you don't want to drive (like if you'll want to have a drink with your sandwich), you can take the bus from AK to AKL, then from AKL to DTD.

MuchLovedMama
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM
I just asked this same question a week or 2 ago & here's the thread showing the answers that I got:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138008

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2008, 06:13 PM
We took Disney transport from AK to DTD on our last trip, and it was quite easy!

However, if you'll be leaving the park at closing, I would think about driving, as you might have to wait for a bus or two before getting to AKL.

joelkfla
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
If you're driving, the route the buses take, which is probably the fastest, is:

After you exit the DAK parking lot, go straight past the MK/Epcot turn-off, and turn left onto Victory Way (it's the Pop Century turn-off). Then turn right at the 2nd light onto Buena Vista Drive, straight to DTD.

If you have trouble finding parking near the Marketplace, there's a parking lot at the other end of DTD, behind La Nouba, that usually has plenty of space. You can either walk the length of DTD to Marketplace, or catch the free ferry which docks right near that parking lot (between La Nouba & House of Blues.)