PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten

Rekenna
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Not to start a war-since we are all a little opionated (me included) especially when it comes to dining (what's up with that?)-but what are the general thoughts on Biergarten?

We've never been-2 adults, 3 kids. Looks promising.

Thanks for the info!:mickey:

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
This was actually one of our favorite meals last summer. The food is pretty good, the beer is great, and the entertainment is fun. My DD (4 1/2 at the time) loved dancing with the band. It is on our list for this year again!
Enjoy!
Jen

SAHDad
07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
We haven't been there in a couple of trips, but we went for my wife's B-day a few years ago. Pretty good food, the beer was good, and we all enjoyed the entertainment. We'll go back again, on our next family trip.

vicster
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
The Biergarten is a must for us - sometimes twice in one trip. I've recommended it to people who insisted they did not like German food and they loved it!

Friend of Figment
07-31-2008, 04:41 PM
I liked it a lot more than I expected to. The food was good and there were lots of choices. The other people at our table wouldn't have been my choice of dining companions (two couples one established the other new and fighting), but we are going back next week.

kakn7294
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
If you enjoy German foods - sausages, sauerkraut, spaetzel, etc - then I think you would like this place. We were pleasantly surprised last year and really loved it. The food was good, albeit a little heavy and sometimes greasy. The entertainment really makes the place though - those guys are so great! Will definately do this one again in the future - just want to get to some of the other places we haven't been before a return.

r4kids
07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
I liked it a lot more than I expected to. The food was good and there were lots of choices. The other people at our table wouldn't have been my choice of dining companions (two couples one established the other new and fighting), but we are going back next week.

LOL How big are the tables? We are trying this for the first time in Jan. A party of 9.

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
It is a must do on every trip for us. Good food and great entertainment.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-31-2008, 05:47 PM
:mickey: We're trying it in December....we've heard really good things about it

Georgesgirl1
07-31-2008, 05:57 PM
DH and I really love Beirgarten. I think the food is really good (but I have German in my blood), and there are a lot of choices. The entertainment is great and kids will really enjoy it. I really like the way they seat you with other groups. We have been with a big family group and so we were able to fill a whole table, but I really enjoy getting to meet new people. We have definitely met some characters! My favorites were two guys who were doing a beer tour of Epcot and they were already drunk and hilarious at 12:30!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2008, 06:07 PM
We tried this for the first time on our last trip and we loved it!!

I wasn't sure about it, hence why it took 3 trips for us to get there, but it is somewhere we'll be going back to!

The food is good, I'm really picky and there was lots for me; DH is really adventurous and he found lots that was different too. We sat with another group of 4, to make up a table of 8. They were "biegarten" veterans, and were great fun. The entertainment is cool, DD got sung Happy Birthday in German.

It will be fun, good meal, you'll enjoy it:mickey:

disneyfankev
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
we eat there once every trip good food and show

kemps@wdw
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
I hate to be the one to rain on this parade, but our experience wasn't that great. Me and DS and the kids went to Italy for supper and DH and DB went to Germany. Within 5 min they both were back in Italy w/us claiming the food was awful!:ack: Now, granted, that was only 1 time, but I can't say that we'll go back!:(

SFTrny
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Not the lightest or healthiest menu...but a nicely themed restaurant and we loved the food. We were there in November when it wasn't crowded. Not sure if it would be as nice in peak season with huge crowds. Good selections though. We would definitely go back!

Rekenna
08-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the help-we're from Cincinnati so the food should be old hat to us!

Have a great day everybody!:mickey:

Disney fans..
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
We are going in November and after reading all of the good reviews on the food, :beer: and entertainment we are all so excited! :thumbsup:

thumperbug
08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Out of all my trips to WDW and all the restaurants we have dined at, we had never dined at Biergarten until our trip this past April and we really enjoyed it. MY FIL wouldn't eat with us. He said he had a bad experience (of course that was over 5 years ago).

We had a great time. My son enjoyed it (thanks to kid friendly choices), I loved it and of course my husband loved the beer.

The atmosphere was great as well as the entertaining. It is definitely worth trying.

moe513
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Beautiful spot with fun atmosphere but horrible food.

MarkC
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I guess no two people ever agree on everything but we think the food is very good. It's the one place we never miss and we'll be there in a about 10 days. It's the one place that almost makes you forget you're at Disney.

mudpuppysmom
08-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I decided to try this out on a whim.....and we go back every trip now!!

The first time we had table mates that were from Texas and were really fun to talk with (yeah, it was awkward at first, but one the HUSBANDS started talking it all fell into place....usually the women start the conversations, but this time it was the guys!)

The second time we went we sat with a local family and they just sat there -- I tried to talk to them, but it was looking like they would rather have root canals than speak....so I gave up!

From there on out, we've had great interactions with people from all over.....friendly once you get the ice broken.

Yeah, it is a bit strange to sit with strangers, but it's good food and great fun!!

DS (6 now) even likes to go down to the dance floor and do the polka!

wonderalice23
08-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Tried this for the first time last January, and it was wonderful ! Boyfriend loved it and our table-neighbors lived about 2 hrs away from our hometown!
I'm part German, and there was a dish (pretty sure it was sauerbraten) that I got their recipe for - not that it beat my Mom's, but a close second. The soups were great too! I could totally just make a meal out of these two dishes next time! :thumbsup:

GhostHost999
08-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Tried this restaurant on my last trip for the first time and loved it. It's got a great theme...the food was delicious...beware, the black forest cake can be addictive...and the family style seating was very pleasant. One of my faves in Epcot. (Up there with Coral Reef and Le Cellier).
:thumbsup:

Natazu
08-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Most of the stuff on the buffet tastes pretty good. Sometimes the non-wurst meats are a little tough, even dry but the sausage-style items are quite good. I don't care for most of the salads; it's like the Germans just have to put something really sour in a salad or the won't let it leave the kitchen. I don't get it. For the most part though, there's plenty to appeal everyone. It's heavy and really filling so schedule a nap afterwards. The last thing I want to do after a meal at Biergarten is walk around Epcot in the hot sun.

mouseketeer mom
08-04-2008, 08:40 AM
4 out of 5 of us really enjoyed Biergarten. My oldest DD, 13 at the time was overpowered by the smell of saurkraut and could barely make it thru the door. She felt sooo queasy from the strong smell, but thats just her, Miss Princess and the Pea..everything gets her!;)
The rest of us had a terrific time. The CM's were welcoming and happy. The entertainment was alot of fun, my 2 youngest polka'd together with huge smiles on their faces! It was a party for sure.
The food was very good. We really enjoyed having something different. It was fun to try new foods and there were plenty of choices. We really enjoyed our evening here!

homeschool mom
08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
We won't go back. Service was great, as were the atmosphere, and entertainment, we just couldn't stomach the food. All I can say is "vinegar and grease". That's all I can think of to describe it. However, the pretzel bread was good. My DDs and I pretty much made our meal on that after tasting the other food. Pretzel bread and root beer.

xipetotec
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Not to start a war-since we are all a little opionated (me included) especially when it comes to dining (what's up with that?)-but what are the general thoughts on Biergarten?

We've never been-2 adults, 3 kids. Looks promising.

Thanks for the info!:mickey:

Well our family *loves* this place.
The food is just "okay" imho, but it's not bad at all, and the atmosphere is just amazing. The place looks like a small German village having an Oktoberfest. The seating is "festival style" and there's a band playing with a dance floor where everyone is encouraged to go down and dance.

There's also a variety of German beers ( available in 1 liter steins ) as well as German wines.

LizLovesDiz
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
We tried it the last time we went,and loved everything about it! The service,atmosphere,the show,and last but not least the food.The desserts were really good too!!! :thumbsup: :beer:

jrkcr
08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
I haven't been here since I was a teen(about 20 years ago! :eek2: )

But I remember we had a fun time, singing and dancing. And since I had spent time in Germany, the food was probably just "normal" to me. I lived off of wiener schnitzel and pomme frites and :beer: for an entire summer.

I plan to take my family here on our next WDW trip!!

BeccaO
08-05-2008, 02:02 PM
My whole family loves this place! This is must-do for us everytime we visit. And to top it all off, we are from PA Dutch Country! To think we travel to Florida on vacation and eat the kind of food all the tourists come to our hometown for!!!! It's a great place and the entertainment keeps the kids attention. I always tell people to try it at least once! :thumbsup:

dixielandings
08-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Without reading any other responses, I'll tell you it's one of my favorites. Admittedly, that's largely b/c I come from a German family and eating there is like going to a cousin's wedding! But the food is good (and plentiful), the atmosphere is cool, and the entertainment is topnotch (again, like being at a family event for us). When/if you go, be sure to get up and dance!! POLKA! :beer: