PDA

View Full Version : Who has flown out of Newark?

Bri
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
We are going to Disney on Dec 8. We were originally supposed to fly from Scranton, PA to Clevelend, OH then to Orlando. Now we are flying from Scranton, PA to Newark, NJ to Orlando. I think we have less than 1 hour layover in Newark. Can someone, who has flown out of Newark, tell me about this airport? Are there a lot of delays/problems? Is it an easy aiport to get around? And any other info that would be helpful to us. Thanks!

ILoveLegos
07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
What airline are you flying I've only flown Continental (almost exclusively out of terminal C) and United out of Terminal B (overseas). It's a good airport, delays happen everywhere.

mouseketeer mom
07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
I fly out of Newark at least 3x/year, its about 40mins from my house. We've never had a delay flying out of Newark, but we've had plenty coming back into Newark.

Katarch
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
We always fly out of Newark. We never have a problem on Continental but it seems there is always a problem with Delta - cancelled flights, delayed flights, change of equipment, etc.
Airport itself is very nice!:mickey:

Bri
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I think we are flying Continental on the way down and Delta on the way home. I don't care if we have delays on the way home. But I'm hoping for easy traveling on the way down, we are supposed to arrive in Orlando at 11:30am so we have almost the whole day to spend at the parks. You guys have made me more at ease with your comments, thanks!

ILoveLegos
07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
But I'm hoping for easy traveling on the way down, we are supposed to arrive in Orlando at 11:30am so we have almost the whole day to spend at the parks. You guys have made me more at ease with your comments, thanks!

That's my favorite flight to take or the earlier ~6:30 am one. The advantage is that you get to Disney relatively early - I always go to Hollywood Studios first thing on a travel day. Terminal C is easy to navigate just look at the gate signage above Security it will let you know whether you will be in the left terminal offshoot or the right terminal offshoot. They both have moving sidewalks, shops and food options. The right side offshoot is bigger, more like a mall you can't go wrong with choices like Duncan Donuts, McDonalds and Chinese food, Brookstone (usual places like that). The smoothies (on early morning flights) & A&W Root Beer Floats(on later flights) on the left side offshoot are a favorite stop for me.
You can easily walk between both sides if you have enough time to explore, otherwise go to your gate and take advantage of the options there.

P.S. - I happen to really like Newark Liberty Airport. I sometimes take my little niece and nephews there to ride the monorail between terminals and watch planes land over the extended parking lot - just like my grandfather used to take me and my siblings when we were small tots. Of course, back then we'd finish the day with dinner at a nice resturant in the terminal (times have really changed), at Newark most of the food options are beyond security (unlike Orlando International where there's a "mall" on the public side of security). Oh the good old days...

P.P.S. Just re-read your post about the 1 hour layover, forget the stuff I wrote about security and having "time to explore the terminal" just follow the directions to your next gate and you can venture out from that area, 1 hour is not a lot of time to explore terminal C with the early boarding proceedures the way they are these days, enjoy your flight!