PDA

View Full Version : Oct Ressie's

EmmMOM2
07-31-2008, 11:48 AM
A new friend of mine is going to disney with her family in October. But when i told her we had all our dinner ressies for sept, she looked surprised.

She hasn't made any yet (not sure if shes familiar with the fact that you have to) So i told her to get right on it. Their will be 7 in her party.

Will she have trouble get ressies for october now that its closer?

NJGIRL
07-31-2008, 12:19 PM
She will probably have to take off times (very early or very late meal times).

SurferStitch
07-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Short answer....

Yes, she will have some trouble.

Off-times will help, but she will probably not get into popular places, especially with a large party, unless she is VERY lucky.

There are ADR's out there, but she better have 2nd and 3rd choices for all of them, because she will most likely need them.

kwhitt3202
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM
we are going in october and this is what i have encountered
1. fantasmic dinner package is sold out
2. chef mickey dinner booked, breakfast 7:00-7:20
3. ohannah booked
4. luau booked all but one night 8:00 show and only category 3 seats
5. most everything else was either verry late or verry early
I would have several places picked out and be flexable for what is available

Polynesian Dweller
07-31-2008, 01:41 PM
As others have said off hours will be probably the only choices and many of the top spots will already be gone. There are ressies that are cancelled so she can try by calling frequently to see if spots open up. Good luck and I hope she gets good ressies.

momofdisneyprincess
07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
We are going Oct 4 - 13th. I made my ressies about 150 days out and had some trouble getting them then. Granted, we are a large party (13) but most places we had to split up to 3 different tables; which was fine for us. Gives us a break from each other. I'm not sure if splitting up would be an option or not. Good luck! I hope she gets something. She could always try a resort.

Faver
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
oh no!! The days are long gone at Disney when you could just wing it!! It always surprises me when people don't make any other plan for their Disney vacations, other than hotel. I think the mentality of most is, "it's an amusement park". And it really isn't, it's a resort, and just like any other resort, you have to plan, plan, plan.

Hopefully your friend will find something, but I have had friends, who have gone and just ended up eating at counter service and food courts for the whole vacation.

biodtl
07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
I think as long as she is not dead set on places and times, she should be OK. I realize it has been 2 years, but when we went in Oct 06, the only ADR we had was for CRT. Otherwise, we called the dining line or walked in and got into many nice places.

On some days we called and asked what was available for the park we planned on and took what sounded good for whatever time was convenient.

On other days, we walked in - we got a lunch at Sci-Fi, dinner at CP and dinner at Teppanyaki as walk-ins. Granted - not at high time, but still reasonable.

kemps@wdw
07-31-2008, 10:26 PM
:ditto: Some ressies will be hard or d@*$ near immpossible to get. Not to fear though, tell them to consider trying a resort. Or since they're going to be there in Oct, during Food & Wine Fest, do not underestimate the simple pleasure of strolling around WS lagoon, and eating and drinking their way "around the World"!:thumbsup: Not only will they sample fares from around the globe, some countries will have some great musical entertainment. And the people watching is fun too!:D

BraddyB
07-31-2008, 10:26 PM
We are going to be there on our honeymoon oct 6 - 13 and we got mostly what we wanted. I also made the ADR's back in June. At that time it was lunch only at Le Cellier and Coral Reef and that was for 2 people. She is going to need to be creative with their times. Needless to say I passed on Le Cellier because I cant do steak for lunch on a hot day, sounds way to heavy to eat.

Ropachs
08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
We're going in late October, I made our ADR's in the beginning of June. We have a party of 6 and had trouble getting LeCellier (had to take an early lunch) and Garden Grill (early dinner.)

The cancellations are a good point though. I've "tweaked" our ADR's twice now, therefore cancelling some and opening it up for others. Tell her to keep calling and checking, you never know.

Aggie97
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
We are going in late October and made all our ADRs in late June/early July. I was able to get every restaurant and time we wanted, with the exception of Chef Mickey's breakfast, which was completely booked. :mickey:

judoma
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
We went in October last year, and I made my ADR's a few weeks before we left. I wasn't convinced that I had to. Of course, advice I got here told me I had better make the reservations, so I finally went ahead and did it but not for each day. Of course as my first trip, I didn't really know what I was doing. I did manage to get the Coral Reef, but for lunch, and Hoop. Surprisingly, while down there, I called to see if things were available as we decided to steer off our original park hopping plan, and each time I called dining the restaurant I wanted was available. I actually cancelled the Hoop and rescheduled for a different day and got BETTER seating while in DW. I also walked up to 50sPT during prime dinner hours.