PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier.....separate tables?

KEH113
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't see anything....

We just decided last night to take a trip Jan 1-6 to celebrate my DH & DD's birthdays. There will be 3 adults and 2 kids. Tried to book Le Cellier for dinner which was booked solid, unless we would accept two tables. The CM said they usually will put the tables together but no guarantee. Since this is a birthday dinner I don't want to get separated.

Should I plan to book somewhere else instead? or keep my fingers crossed that we will be together? Thanks for any advice!

andmomlau
07-31-2008, 11:32 AM
I would keep your res. for 2 tables, but call back every few days or so to check. There may be a cancellation, although, at LeCellier, I doubt it. I have all of my ADR for our trip in 2 weeks and I wanted to change one. The character dinner that I wanted was booked so I chose another one. I called back several times and surprisingly, I got a res. at the meal i wanted. Disney will do their best to get you all together I'm sure....Have a great trip.:party:

watch4pixiedust
07-31-2008, 11:32 AM
That's a tough one. I guess I would first decide which was my higher priority - sitting together or having that meal at Le Cellier. I would also suggest you keep calling back as you may catch a cancellation and be able to have both! You could always make an ADR somewhere else to be sure you have a place and time you like while you continue to check for cx's there, and then cx the alternate ADR if you get one. You can keep checking up to the day you want the ADR, people's plans change all the time, sometimes even after they get there. Good Luck!

I have done this a couple of times, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. A couple of yrs ago we had a GG of 9 at Le Cellier and were seated at 2 tables - near each other, but those particular tables could not be pushed together due to the location of one of them. This fall we will have 11 people there and I had to take 3 tables, 2 for one time and the 3rd for 5 minutes later. We will all check in at the same time and hope to be seated near each other, but as you said, they can't guarantee anything.

KEH113
07-31-2008, 11:47 AM
I guess I will figure out a back up just in case. Since there are 2 kids and 3 adults, there's not really any great way to split us up anyway. I will try to keep calling and see if we get lucky with a cancellation.:fingers:

Now if I could only figure out another good place to go.

Thanks for the advice!

dizknee531
07-31-2008, 01:32 PM
we have this happened to us. But we never had a problem. They usually try to accomadate you. Maybe it's a way to put it in their computer.it be a good idea to have a backup, but I don't think you'll have a problem. Good luck!!