PDA

View Full Version : Final payment made now what??

tink03
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Just got done making final payment on mt DS'S and parents surprise trip to Disney World!! Now I need to start my packing mode , I have tons of lists but always have questions for Intercot! How have crowd levels been? Is it too soon to start packing? And what do you think the weather is going to be like? Last year in Sept the weather my week was absolutely wonderful! Think I will have the same luck? What are some of the have to haves?

Sept 08 POR SUrprising my 2 sons

Itchy
07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
I presume that this is a suprise, but either way the hard part is the wait.

I have alway been there the week before Labor Day and the crowds have been light and managable. Other than the occational rain shower the weather has been beautiful.

I have been driving my kids nuts (dd's 23 & 27)
making plans, renting van for the trip, new shoes, ect.

I am in the same boat 29 days away and can't wait.

So! rely on intercot as your crutch to get you through the days to come.:thumbsup:

Have a great vacation :mickey:

Young@Heart
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Congrats!!! I know I really wanted to start packing a month ago, but I held off until this week (we leave in 1 day!) b/c I didn't want the clothes just sitting in the suitcase getting wrinkled. :blush:

Mostly, I spent my time doing more planning, watching Disney movies and anything Disney on TV, doing all sorts of crafts (we made autograph books, family shirts for some park days, a Jasmine costume for DD, and welcome baskets to put in the resort room), and buying all the little essentials we'll need.

Strmchsr
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
And what do you think the weather is going to be like? Last year in Sept the weather my week was absolutely wonderful! Think I will have the same luck?

You should like my wife. Wanting to pack for a September trip in July! :D

As for the weather...WAY too early to talk about that. I mean, if you want a best guess - hot and humid. However, weather models only go out 16 days so watch the weather thread at the top of this forum and I'll be getting to your days pretty soon. Just a general note, this summer has been a little cooler than normal with the temps and a good bit wetter than normal. Whether that pattern will continue into September remains to be seen.

sndral
07-31-2008, 04:17 PM
At 35 days away I'm going to make lists of what I'll need and maybe start collecting the less than 3 oz versions of essentials that I'll want in my carry on.
Oh, and shop to fill in the wardrobe blanks.

SAHDad
07-31-2008, 04:36 PM
For several months before hand, I'll start collecting some of the stuff that is going on the trip. I don't generally pack clothes that far out (that's at the 48-hour mark or so), but I make sure I have travel-size toiletries set aside, double-check the packing list, set aside any previously-purchased passes, etc.

I do start checking the weather at the 10-day mark, and check it right up to the evening before we leave, but it rarely changes my packing.

pink
07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
I leave in September and I've only bought luggage tags and a park bag. In the meantime, I come on here until it's time to leave. As for packing, I don't start until 2 days ahead of time. Otherwise all of your clothes get wrinkled! :mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-31-2008, 07:45 PM
doesnt disney give you fantastic luggage tags? We got ours. We are 32 days away from our trip and though I want desperately to get ready, I cant seem to get caught up on the house in order to work on it. im sure it will all be done last min

DisneyMcNuts
08-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Go ahead and LAUGH:D, I have done plenty of laughing about it myself...
Our trip to Disney is September 2nd, exactly one month away today. What did I do this past Wednesday? I PACKED OUR SUITCASES FOR DISNEY WORLD!!! Heehee! laughing:

I am however in just a little bit of a different situation, we are most certainly excited about the trip, but most importantly this week...our house is SELLING...:woohoo::.

We are in the process of building a new house but our house has sold a little sooner than we expected so we are having to pack everything and move into a CAMPER of all things, until they finish up with our house in about 2 months. I can't imagine living in a camper for 2 months, but we will gladly do this to have sold the house already with the housing market the way it is these days.

Anyway, can you imagine how wrinkled we will be come September 2nd? :mickey:
We did decide that our best option would be to go ahead and pack for the trip instead of risking having to dig through boxes to find our trip clothing and supplies.

All I have to say is thank goodness for IRONS, and Real Estate Agents. Haahaa!

Amy

Pop Centurion
08-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Wow to the people packing a month ahead. That's what I call excited. :mickey:
We don't pack until the day before but I definitely start making lists, plans, shopping for toiletries, etc during the month leading to our trip. I made final payment on July 10th and so far we only got our ME booklet. So every day's trip to the mailbox is full of suspense hoping that our package has arrived.
It seems like a few of us in this thread are going around the same time. Let's hope the weather is beautiful for us all.

DisneyMcNuts
08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Trust me, no matter how excited we are about the trip...our packing a month early wasn't my choice. It certainly makes us more excited knowing we are packed but have to wait for a month, but our packing was the best decision for us under the circumstances.

Pop Centurion
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Trust me, no matter how excited we are about the trip...our packing a month early wasn't my choice. It certainly makes us more excited knowing we are packed but have to wait for a month, but our packing was the best decision for us under the circumstances.I understand completely. I was referring to everyone in general that was packing so early. It's great that your house sold so quickly even though you have to live out of a camper for a while. But just imagine how great it will feel to be in WDW after being cramped in there for a month.

DraganFyre
08-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I have been to WDW many times but this trip is far and away the most excited i have ever gotten before a WDW trip. I get to take my DD 1yr old and my DW 23 for the first time. I have had a count down clock from intercot running since 120 days out. We are only 35 days out today!!!! I can't wait to show off my favorite place in the world to my new Family. Hope you all have as good a time as I plan on having! :darth:

luvdiznee
08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
With still about 50 days...:geek:I'll be here at lot. Won't pack until the kids are back in school. Summer clothes go right from wearing them now to in the suitcase. Washed of course. :laundry::laundry2:

obsessive planner
08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Ha ha, I love it! At least I'm not the only one! I've been dying to pack for weeks now. We leave on the 31st of August and I'm driving myself crazy with plans and packing ideas.