PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter at Universal

squijee
07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Any new info on the Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando?

WDWfanatic742
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
There are loads of things going on in the Lost Continent that I can find online right now:

They have walled off the area around Dueling Dragons so that it only ends up being a dead-end. The temporary bridge from Jurassic Park opened up a couple weeks ago.

Enchanted Oak Tavern could become The Three Broomsticks.

From what I can tell, the Flying Unicorn ride is closed due to the construction.

Robbie Coltrane (plays Hagrid) has said a lot of the stars have been doing voice over work for the new area.

Rumor has that one new ride will use the old Flying unicorn track to theme it around Flying Hippogriff's and to add Hagrid's cottage.

There are a lot of other minor things that are kind of out there and purely speculation at the time. Very secretive stuff and most things online have the entire land being done by late 2009.

Cinderelley
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Interesting. Maybe our 2009 Disney trip that I've given up on due to the things they've taken away will become a 2009 Universal trip. :party:
The kids and I have read all the Harry Potter books.

WDWfanatic742
08-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Harry Potter Website (http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/index.html)

They have a new concept art piece of The Three Broomsticks. Looks really cool. BTW, now looks like everything is pointing to 2010 opening.

Cinderelley
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
That looks pretty awesome. Thanks for the link.

mouseaddict
08-03-2008, 09:24 AM
We were at Universal in July and saw some of the construction. There is a large building that is visible from the bridge..according to one of the kiosk employees that will be a 3D quidditch ride or movie..she told me that was about the only thing that they have been told..I am actually looking forward to it opening as well. Maybe I will actually enjoy my next trip there if it is open!