PDA

View Full Version : First Birthday

Auntie Ruth
07-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Our grand daughter turns one on our trip to Disney in Jan. Does anyone have any ideas for making it special without costing a mint?
There will be two other siblings with her.

Mousemates
07-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Get a first visit and birthday pin for her (and the scrapbook)-- and if she will tolerate the costumed characters...take the time to go to Toontown and get her picture made with Mickey and Minnie...at one theres not too much extra you can do....except take lots of pics for her (and you ) to enjoy in the future. Hope you guys have a great trip.

disneyfan328
07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
I would say that Personalized ears are a must! or do one of the new make you own ears with her name on them. Also if she is ready for it (even if its just a little snip) how about a haircut at the main street barber shop? They make a huge deal out of it with a certificate ect. I would say the pin for sure and there are several restaurants that you can have a birthday cake or dessert done that is not overly expensive. maybe a character meal if she is tolerant of them?

Definetly try to get a front car on the monorail it is a neat view and she can get a "drivers lisence" as can the other kids in the party Maybe send some decorations down in a box a head of time so that you can decorate your room and make it festive I also believe that if you get it noted on the reservation that you can request a card for the bday from mickey and the gang which is signed by them for her.

good luck with whatever you decide. You could also make her a special birthday tshirt - they sell plain t's at Michaels (or wal mart or any craft store in your area) and you can design them on your computer (or have someone do it for you - pm me for details) you can buy iron on transfers at wal mart and make them at home. You could make ones for the other kids too that say something like here to celebrate _____1st Birthday with MIckey and the gang or the princesses and the gang ect.

Hope it works out I am sure she will be :cloud9:

Auntie Ruth
07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks so much for the great ideas Where can we find the instruction for the ears you spoke of?

dizknee531
07-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Make sure you get a photo pass and get pictures everwhere you go. Then you can come home and relive the memories online and see how great they came out!!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
I heard they have a special "First Haircut" at Harmony Barborshop in Magic Kingdom...little girls and boys, that might be nice....

disneyfan328
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
You can get ears at just about any gift shop in the world, but to get them personalized you have to take them to Le Chapeau in the Magic Kingdom right as you enter the park in town square. That is also where I believe they have the new design your own Mickey hat. They have many different fabrics/colors of the beanie part and different ears as well. They also have stuff that you can add, like jewels, do dads, ect ect ect. I believe that is all extra $$. I think there may have been a thread on here somewhere that had pictures as well. I will see if I can find it.:mickey:

I don't know how to input the thread, but here is the exact name of it. Just put in a Search for it and it will take you to the other thread. Someone did put a link in one of the posts towards the bottom of the first page of her photos that she took there recently just to give you an idea.
Le Chapeau Debuts “Create-Your-Own Ear Hat” program

jraczes
07-31-2008, 08:33 PM
GET HER A AUTOGRAPH BOOK SO SHE CAN GET AUTOGRAPHS FROM HER FAVORITE CARACTERS:mickey:

OhToodles!
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
We're going - in 62 days!!! :mickey: - for DS's 1st birthday and I think we're going all out.
We're going to the MNSSHP as mousketeers (there'll be 7 of us - DH, DS, me, and both sets of grandparents). We're going to the Barber Shop in MK for his first haircut. I've made us all t-shirts from zazzle for his birthday (they each have a different character (yes they have Disney characters) on the front and on the back it says "Today is Dylan's Birthday!!" (his says Today is my 1st birthday). We'll be having lunch (the last day for it) at Garden Grill then doing the Fantasmic! dinner package and seeing it on his actual birthday. I'm also going to take full advantage of photopass and am even going to book the personal photo session with Photopass at the GF. I have also informed out resort that we are celebrating his birthday and the palces we're eating on his actual birthday.

Have fun. And what could be more magical than a 1st birthday at Disney?! :party: