PDA

View Full Version : DS Passed

Piglet822
07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
My DS passed his driver's license exam today. So, at the ripe old age of 16 1/2 he is now a licensed driver in the state of Florida :faint:
He's had his permit since he was 15 1/2 and he's a pretty good driver but I'm still nervous about him driving on his own.
Wish me luck, everytime I think about it I feel another gray hair pop up!

Minnie Imagineer
07-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Congrats to him! I just passed mine too in May! But I am 17....New Jersey.
Its such relief getting over that test- I know I was nervous for like 2 weeks!

SgtTigger
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow that is great Jeanne.................. so does he get to drive Jeepy????????

What I cant believe is that you are of age that your son is 16 1/2........... Maybe the gray hair is not from his driving....:jaw:

:haha:

:cop: :tigger:

RedSoxFan
07-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Congrats to your son on getting his license. It's nervewracking. I already have 2 kids driving: DS20 and DS18. DS20 brings his car to college which is even more nervewracking. DS16 is taking drivers ed now and will probably have his license by the end of summer. Not that he'll be driving -- his grades to need to come up some before he gets the keys.

Goofeygal
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Congrats to him and my sympathy to you LOL. Mine are 19 and 20, I remember those days.:mickey:

MauiMouse
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Congrats! :fworks: :congrats:

I can vouch that he is a good driver. I was in the car with this young man while he driving. :thumbsup:

gerald72
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll stay off the sidewalks

Ed
07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Memo to Self:

Sell truck
Sell van
Sell boat
Buy more life insurance
Wrap house in industrial-strength bubble wrap
:D

Seriously, congrats Anthony - Drive Safely, and please, please, please ALWAYS BUCKLE UP!!!

:thumbsup:

pogo
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Memo to Self:

Buy more life insurance

OK..... :tiphat: .....how much would you like to buy ? :spend: I'm selling ! :D

Oh.... I almost forgot.... congrats Anthony ! :D

disneydeb
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Congratulations! and welcome to the world of paying for your children's priviledge to be mobile. Will you ever see your wallet again? :D

kakn7294
07-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Congrats to him!!! Just don't let him have the car on Aug 9 or 17 - that's when we'll be on the road in Florida! ;)

Mousemates
07-31-2008, 01:11 AM
:thumbsup: to him.

vizsla
07-31-2008, 05:31 AM
Congratulations to your DS :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
07-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Congratulations! Isn't this a great time to be a parent? No stress, no worries when a new driver hits the road.:D
I still have two more children waiting to drive.:covered:

Piglet822
07-31-2008, 06:12 AM
Congrats to him! I just passed mine too in May! But I am 17....New Jersey.
Its such relief getting over that test- I know I was nervous for like 2 weeks!

Congrats to you!!! I was living in NY when I got my license at 16 and I was sooooooooo thankful that we didn't live in NJ, lol.
Be careful and always watch out for the other guy because they're not watching out for you.

Wow that is great Jeanne.................. so does he get to drive Jeepy????????

What I cant believe is that you are of age that your son is 16 1/2........... Maybe the gray hair is not from his driving....

Drive Jeepy? :nono: I don't think so.
You're right about the gray hairs, I think they started before yesterday ;)

Congrats! :fworks: :congrats:

I can vouch that he is a good driver. I was in the car with this young man while he driving. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mary

Memo to Self:

Sell truck
Sell van
Sell boat
Buy more life insurance
Wrap house in industrial-strength bubble wrap
:D

Seriously, congrats Anthony - Drive Safely, and please, please, please ALWAYS BUCKLE UP!!!

:thumbsup:

If he ends up in your neck of the woods Ed, he's got some 'splaining to do :laughing:

daparish
07-31-2008, 10:12 PM
How exciting. Congratulations!!!

MNNHFLTX
08-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh my, Jeanne--what a momentous occasion this must be for Anthony, and for you too! I will be following in your footsteps in about six months when Jake gets his license. :eek2:

So, is he getting his own set of wheels? :car:

ChipnDaleGal
08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Congrats to Anthony! It is such a mixed bag of excitement, pride, sorrow and fear when your baby gets their license and takes that first reallybig step towards independence. Good luck to both of you Jeanne! :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
08-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Congratulations to your son!!! :party: That's a huge milestone, though I'm sure it's a little bittersweet (and definitely a little nerve wracking!!) :thumbsup: I have 9 years to go before I need to worry about this...I just hope they don't go by as quickly as the past 8 years have!! :D

crazypoohbear
08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Congrats to your son and my sympathy to you ... you will never sleep again until he gets home at night. My DS is almost 19 and I still don't sleep til he gets home at night... He's leaving for College in a month I don't know how I'll get to sleep when he's away :blush:

Keep reminding him "HANDS AT TEN AND TWO!!!!!

wdwgrl377
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM
YAY! I'm glad he passed the test! :car:

Here's some :pixie: for safe driving and :pixie: for luck just for you!

Piglet822
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
So, is he getting his own set of wheels? :car:

Only if he gets a job and pays for it. My goal in life now is to teach this boy responsibility :D

I have 9 years to go before I need to worry about this...I just hope they don't go by as quickly as the past 8 years have!! :D

Oh Jen, they do go fast!!!! I'm very proud of the young adult my son has become (he surprises me sometimes with his maturity level) but I yearn for that little boy sometimes. It's definitely a bittersweet time.

SgtTigger
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
but I yearn for that little boy sometimes.

Hey just call me Jeanne..... I can be so immature when I want to be......Ill be gald to drive down and remind you what it is like..........:laughing::haha:

:cop: :tigger:

Magic Smiles
08-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Congratulations to your son! That seems so young to be driving on their own to me now.

Here in Ontario we have the graduated license.
A new driver must hold a G1 licence (learners permit) for a minimum of 12 months before attempting the G1 road test. They are only allowed to drive on certain roads with this license. This time can be reduced to eight months if you successfully complete a Ministry-approved Beginner Driver Education Course. Drivers earn more privileges after passing their G1 road test and receive their G2 license.

New drivers must hold a G2 licence for a minimum of 12 months before they can attempt the G2 road test. At this level, you have more privileges because of your driving experience. You may drive without an accompanying driver on all Ontario roads anytime. However, you are still required to:

· maintain a zero blood alcohol level while driving;
· ensure the number of passengers in the vehicle is limited to the number of working seat belts.
To further protect youth on our roads, the number of young passengers that teen G2 drivers can carry will be limited from midnight to 5 a.m.
After passing their G2 road test, then they receive their "G" license, which is a full license for motor vehicles. Motorcycles are similiar but "M" class.
As you can see it takes quite a while to get a drivers license in Ontario now.

ElenitaB
08-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Congrats, Anthony! :thumbsup:

Good luck, Jeanne! ;)

DizneyFreak2002
08-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Congrats to your son...

Piglet822
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
As you can see it takes quite a while to get a drivers license in Ontario now.

As a young driver this would probably drive me crazy!! But, as an adult I can appreciate it so much more :)
Today my son and his friend drove to Cocoa Beach by themselves :eek: He did very well, called when he arrived, called when he left, called me when he got home :)
His Dad and I are separated and he lives with him but he did get the lecture from Dad before he left this morning :thumbsup: