PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grille & Brewing Works

Guya103
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Thinking about giving it a try in August. Any opinions and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :mickey:

medic9016
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Great food and beer:beer:. We have never had a bad meal or service there.

TINKERBELL_82
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
We're trying it for the first time in August too so I'm looking forward to the opinions!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Over the years, we've been to Big River numerous times. I wish I could say that it's as good as always, but we've seen nothing but a decline in both food and service.

Once a hidden gem, now it gets by on its superb location.

The beer is very good.
Seating both in and out doors.
Service ranges from average to very poor. We have had some really bad service here... the most recent being in May. On our past two trips (both within the past year), service has been very, very poor.
Food can be good, and in fact, is usually average or better; but it's not what it used to be.

We once gave glowing recommendations to Big River; nowadays, I tell everyone to stop in for a beer, eat elsewhere.

RedSoxFan
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
We ate there during our last trip to WDW and will probably eat there again. It was very good.:mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Hmmm. So maybe :beer: and apps at Big River, then over to England for fish & chips.

I'm evolving a plan here!:D

Just a helpful hint to those on a budget- if you sign up at Big Rivers website they'll email you a coupon for a free appetizer.:thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Hmmm. So maybe :beer: and apps at Big River, then over to England for fish & chips.

I'm evolving a plan here!:D

Just a helpful hint to those on a budget- if you sign up at Big Rivers website they'll email you a coupon for a free appetizer.:thumbsup:Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. We ate there last year and I thought the food was very good. I don't know if it was because our server was from a neighboring town of mine but he did seem to give us great service.
But if you decide to just do apps and beer, the Hummus and Pita Chips are awesome. As for Beer, I've only tried the Rocket Red Ale which I'd definitely recommend. Can't wait to try something new this year.

xipetotec
07-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Thinking about giving it a try in August. Any opinions and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :mickey:

not only does the whole family love it, we typically go TWICE in one trip. The Big Brew Burger is great, my father really enjoyed the NY Strip there. And you can get a sampler of their beers :number1:

DDuck66
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
The last time we went, the inside was closed and all they had was the outside seating. The food was pretty good but the service left a little to be desired. It is really difficult to judge on one visit so maybe we should try it again.