PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Menu Choices at LeCellier

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 10:37 AM
What do you recommend to try/avoid at LeCellier?....we are on the dining plan but have heard enough about the cheddar cheese soup to pay OOP for it....as for the steaks, my favorite cut is usually a ribeye.....but I don't think they have one on their menu.......don't forget dessert suggestions....keep them coming:)

crazeedizneefinatic
07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
My favorites from Le Cellier was the tomato stack as an appetizer, yummy! It was thick sliced tomatos with herbs and some kinda vingerette. The dessert I had was the chocolate mousse which actually came out as a moose head. It was really cute and really good too. As far as the steak, well don't remember which cut I got but it was mediocre at best. Tons of gristle. I had a better steak at Coral Reef. Hoping our visit in September is much better for the steak part anyway. Enjoy!

brewcrew26
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
We were on the DDP when we tried Le Cellier. We didn't mind paying for the cheese soup out of pocket. It was well worth it! DH and I just shared a bowl (the CM put it into two cups for us). It was amazing! And goes great with the pretzel breadsticks.

I loved the NY strip. DH had the mushroom filet with a risotto. I think he won but just barely. They were both so tender and juicy. I rarely eat beef, but don't get me wrong I won't turn red meat down. It was awesome!

The chocolate moose dessert was adorable and delicious. The tables all around us were oogling my dessert. Plus, it was fun to eat.

I absolutely loved out experience there!!! Here's a link to my full review, read here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131928)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reviews they sound great:)

Kisobel
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM
pretzel breadsticks yummmy.

whatever you do don't order chicken. i made that mistake and it was not good.

kate

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2008, 01:18 PM
My friends ordered the chicken in May and said it was very good.

We have always ordered the filet. However, they changed to the mushroom filet only...we just asked for it to be plain and instead of risotto, I'll take the cream cheese mashed potatoes please. This is our favorite place to eat. The filet is so flavorful, tender and juicy.

For dessert, the maple creme brulee is delicious!! Also the whiskey cake, yummy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 01:22 PM
The cream cheese mashed potatoes sound good....is the mushroom filet called that because of the risotto or do they put a mushroom sauce on it as well? I love mushrooms but would like to get the mashed potatoes instead of risotto if they let me.:blush:

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
The cream cheese mashed potatoes sound good....is the mushroom filet called that because of the risotto or do they put a mushroom sauce on it as well? I love mushrooms but would like to get the mashed potatoes instead of risotto if they let me.:blush:

I'm not sure about the sauce, I just know about the risotto....but we do not like that. That is why we ordered it plain with the potatoes. Why cover a great filet with sauce. That only takes away from the flavor. They are very good about changing things around to make your meal exactly what you want. I love the service at LeCellier. No one has been able to top it, for us. Top Notch!!

wonderalice23
07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Love the cheddar cheese soup and the filet! Can't wait to go back at some point - love this place to bits!!:number1:

TBY2225
07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I love the pretzel bread, cheese soup, mushroom filet (just the risotto has the mushrooms) and the chocolate whiskey cake and creme brulee! YUMMY! LE Cellier is my favorite Disney meal of all time! Can't wait til September!

disneycouple2004
07-30-2008, 07:07 PM
We have dined here many times using DDP..i must admit everything i tried was wonderful !
The pretzel breadsticks are amazing:thumbsup:

disneygirlie11
07-30-2008, 07:10 PM
MAybe I'm weird but I like the beef barley soup better than the cheddar and I do not like the pretzel breadsticks. I LOVE the mushroom filet. I didn't think I would like the risotto but it was amazing

andmomlau
07-30-2008, 08:11 PM
We ate there last July and both my husband and I LOVED the entire meal. We both had the filet and risotto, my DH had the chocolate mousse and I had the maple creme brulee.....we shared and I can't decide which was better.....loved everything!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
I had risotto on a cruise in February and it just tasted like Rice aRoni to me....maybe I'll give Lecelliers a chance....

disneykid99
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
My favorite dessert if off the kids menu. It is the smore but is is no ordinary smore. It is kind of like a brownie/gram cracker ice-cream sandwich with a big kabob with a marshmallow covered in sprinkles sticking out of the top of it. It is sooo good :cloud9:

You will have a wonderful meal!