PDA

View Full Version : AirTran Check-In -- fill me in

Marker
07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Now that I have officially booked my flights on AirTran, I'm interested in the details of check-in.

I know I may check in on-line as early as 24 hours in advance. With SWA, it is beneficial to check in as early to be in the "A" boarding group. However, since I have already chosen my seats, is there any benefit or necessity to check in as early as possible?

I see from their web site that I can check-in online, but I do not see anything about checking in with a mobile device.

Since I usually fly on SWA, I have not been able to take advantage of checking my bags at the resort. Our return flight departs at 7:30 pm, so I will have to board the DME bus at 4:30. Will I be able to check my bags earlier on that morning? Is there limit to how early I can check my bags? Do I need to have already completed my online check in prior to checking my bags at the resort?

Anything else I need to know that I'm not thinking about would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dmallan
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
We flew AirTran for the first time last January.
But only for the trip home. We had SWA on the way down.
As far as checking in at the hotel, you can check your bags in the AM, and at the same time check in for the flight. They will print your boarding passes and everything. Then you can leave any carry-ons with the hotel and head out to the park for the day. When you return, just get your carry-ons and wait for the DME bus.
It was so easy! The only thing is not to buy anything during the day that you can't fit in your carry-on!

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2008, 04:45 PM
However, since I have already chosen my seats, is there any benefit or necessity to check in as early as possible?
. . . no
. . . just check in at least 1-hr ahead of time on-line

I see from their web site that I can check-in online, but I do not see anything about checking in with a mobile device.
. . . website only
. . . no mobile devices

Our return flight departs at 7:30 pm, so I will have to board the DME bus at 4:30. Will I be able to check my bags earlier on that morning? Is there limit to how early I can check my bags? Do I need to have already completed my online check in prior to checking my bags at the resort?
. . . you must check bags 5:00am-1:00pm, only
. . . they can also check you in at the time of checking the bags
. . . if you have excess bags fees, these must be paid the day before via credit card