PDA

View Full Version : Epcot news?

lasttuesday
07-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard any updates about Epcot lately? It seems I remember a while back there were several rumors about a refurb of the entrance area as well as JIYI and HISTA. I just haven't heard much about my favorite park since the wand came down!

DizneyRox
07-31-2008, 07:29 AM
The entrance area isn't changing until at the very least, 2011, I've got a contract that says those "tomb stones" will be there for 10 years.

As far as JIYI and HISTA, I don't think we'll see anything unless Kodak steps p and forks over some cash, or they drop their sponsorship and someone else picks it up. I too wish something would be done with that area, I pass by it often going form Soarin' to World Showcase and used to think about stopping in, now it doesn't even cross my mind.

big blue and hairy
07-31-2008, 08:28 AM
The entrance area isn't changing until at the very least, 2011, I've got a contract that says those "tomb stones" will be there for 10 years.
I thought the contract said they could be moved but had to be accessable.

:sulley:

Finiamh
07-31-2008, 10:59 AM

Really? I thought they would be there forever, this is good news. hehe :party:

Does that mean they can be moved to the bottom of the lagoon and accesible by SCUBA? I know people paid money to do it, heck I almost did it, but there could have been a better way to display them.

WDWfanatic742
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
So since the program in order to get a picture on one ended in June 2007, it should be somewhere, if moved, for a good 9 years at the very least.

I personally would like to see them work on DHS and AK before they work on JIYI. Sure the entire Imagination pavilion could use a very deep facelift, but even work in MK would work for me because their last "E" ticket was Splash Mountain and that was 16 years ago. Epcot has had 3 "E" tickets in the past 9 years.

Crow
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
the tombstones could go by the bricks around MK/resorts
maybe my trip after Sept in the future will allow me to see SE wo them:thumbsup:
Id like a few updates to Epcot...new country etc

DizneyRox
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM

Yes, after 10 years... When purchased during the Millennium Celebration, the contract said they would be there for 10 years and then could be moved, but would be accessible. I suspect shortly after the celebration started they realized it wasn't going well and wasn't going to sell out, so the contract MAY have changed. But originally, and the one I signed when we got it, said it would be there (in it's current location) for 10 years, which means 2010 and not a day earlier.

lasttuesday
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
It just seems such a shame when you look at the older pictures with the acrylic sculpture, fountains, and palm trees compared to what we have today. Unfortunately, I was too young to remember the old look, but it seems that it was a much more fitting entrance to the park.

bertasso59
08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I hear that you cannot buy a name on the 'tombstones' anymore but I would love to buy one for a neice who died never fulfulling her wish to get to WDW.However I dont think the entrance is a good place for them.Perhaps an EPCOT garden just outside of the gates could be built and the stones placed there.