PDA

View Full Version : Snack credits for breakfast items?

Diznut
07-29-2008, 10:18 PM
So my family and I are going to Disney in September. For the first time we have the disney dining plan. We are using our table side service for dinner, our quick service for lunch and planned to buy a light breakfast.
But does anyone know if snack credits can be used towards breakfast items like bagels or muffins? We'll be staying at All Star Movies and plan to use the food court there every morning. Thanks in advance to all you experts out there.

shellyc
07-29-2008, 10:32 PM
So my family and I are going to Disney in September. For the first time we have the disney dining plan. We are using our table side service for dinner, our quick service for lunch and planned to buy a light breakfast.
But does anyone know if snack credits can be used towards breakfast items like bagels or muffins? We'll be staying at All Star Movies and plan to use the food court there every morning. Thanks in advance to all you experts out there.
Not only can you get bagels or muffins or croissants, but you can get a fruit cup or a single serve cold cereal with a small carton of milk with your snack credits. In the AM the milk is included with the cereal......

Wickster1970
07-29-2008, 11:16 PM
This is great news!
I too plan on getting the Dining Plan, using the CS for lunch and the TS for dinner. If we can use our snaks credits for a small breakfast such as a bagel & drink or a cereal, we could save a little $$.

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2008, 09:05 AM
1) Snack coupons could be used for some breakfast items.
2) But, it is not good for a breakfast - per coupon.
3) Examples for one coupon:
. . . you can get a bagel
. . . you can get a drink
. . . you get cereal and the milk for it
. . . you can't get a bagel and a drink with one coupon
4) You can get multiple items, but it uses more coupons.

ilvdisney
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
At the Contemporary I used one of my snack credits every morning either for a bagel or a muffin with butter and that was my breakfast. I love my carbs! My kids did use snack credits for cereal and fruit some mornings too with no problem.

TBY2225
07-30-2008, 04:11 PM
We have used our snack credits for breakfast as well. I think this is a good idea because the first year we had the DDP we ended up with most of our snack credits left the last day and just got junk for the road. This way you can get a small breakfast and not have to worry all day on what you will use your snack credits for.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Cereal + milk = 1 snack credit?

judoma
07-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Last year towards the end of our trip we realized that you can buy items in theresort gift shop such as 1/2 gallons of milk, box of donuts, 2 liter soda, or any food item under a certain amount. There wasn't a huge selection that could be used as bfast food, but still this is an option. I am counting on being able to do the same this year.

Disney Diamond
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
Last year towards the end of our trip we realized that you can buy items in theresort gift shop such as 1/2 gallons of milk, box of donuts, 2 liter soda, or any food item under a certain amount. There wasn't a huge selection that could be used as bfast food, but still this is an option. I am counting on being able to do the same this year.

Unfortunatley, you cannot count on doing the same this year. The larger items you listed -- more than a single serving -- are no longer a snack credit on the DDP.

As previous posters mentioned, there are several good options left to use as snack credits.

And even buying the box of donuts makes an easy, inexpensive breakfast as we did that even before the DDP snack option was out there.

Just wanted to give you a heads up for your planning.

jonahbear2006
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
the bakery is the best place to do this, in MK. You can get a very large Cinommin roll for a snack and lots of other things. There is a snack approved list, google it and it will come right up.