PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining/Kids Meals

QueenDisneyBound
07-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi all, this has probably been posted many times before, but I can't find anything too recent...my question is....

We are going to Disney in September with the free dining plan. My kids are 10 and 13 and I know that there are a couple of places that the regular menu will not thrill them, but they will certainly like something from the kid's menu.

Can the kids substitute a kids menu meal for an adult meal?

Thanks for your help!

ftwildernesskid
07-30-2008, 01:05 AM
I think that's OK. It's when you want to substitute an adult meal for a kids meal when you run into trouble. I think we did this once on our last trip. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Have a great trip!

jonahbear2006
07-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Some restaurants care and some don't, as far as ordering adult meals for kids. They don't care about the other way around. I was told, in February, that this didn't use to be inforced, however, the restaurant list of those that do inforce it is growing.
We were inforced at Peco Bill's, Starlight Ray's, Sassagoula Floatworks, and Electric Umbrella. We were told that it didn't matter and we could order as we pleased at Gasparilla Grill, Pizzafari, and Pizza Planet. As far as your card goes, they don't know what is an adult meal or a kid's meal and as far as your children go, they won't mind if you order kids' meals.

If you want to take a younger child though and order off the adult menu, though, because they don't want things off the kid's menu, then you can order one meal and probably get away with this anywhere but if you are all eating at once, most places are not allowing this anymore.
Whether or not this costs Disney more money or is considered bucking the system, I Don't know. Some of the kid's items, such as the fruit they give you, I think, is more costly to them than the french fries an adult meal contains. And since some restaurants allow it, I am very confused about Disney's position in this area.

r4kids
07-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Yes this should be fine. It won't let you subsitute a kids meal for an adult but it will adult to kids.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
It shouldn't be a problem. On our trip in December, DD11 didn't care for most things on the adult menu. I asked for an "adult" portion of chicken strips and fries for her (or other "child" menu offerings). The table service places were very accommodating. Don't know about counter service as we didn't try it there. Enjoy your trip!

QueenDisneyBound
07-31-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I didn't think that Disney would mind a substitute of a kid's meal, but you never know. And I know that my kids will be a bit reluctant to try some things that don't sound familiar to them, etc...

Thanks all! Can't wait for September!!!:thumbsup: