PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to do Soarin' at Epcot?

Gregandmel
07-29-2008, 05:26 PM
My family is arriving on Sunday Oct. 5th. Our tentative plan is to make this a stress-free "arrival" day with not much planned. We want to swim at the resort, then we have dinner ressies at O'Hanas at 5pm. I was wondering if you thought we stood a chance at riding Soarin' at Epcot if we didn't get there until around 6:30pm. The park hours are until 7pm, but it looks like some of the main attractions are still open until 9pm. I've heard that Soarin' runs out of FP early and there are only 3 or 4 things we really wanted to do at Epcot on this day. I know it's the International Food & Wine festival. Thoughts??? (or would we be better off just taking a quick train ride at MK and walking down main street, even though they close at 7pm due to MNSSHP?)

Young@Heart
07-29-2008, 05:34 PM
It sounds like you'd be cutting it really close. Does Future World close at 7pm that day? I think your only chance would be if it's open for EMH's in the evening and you get in the stand-by line as soon as you get to Epcot.

#1disneyfan
07-29-2008, 05:34 PM
You never know, but if it was me I would chance it! We love Soarin' :cloud9:!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
FP will be out for sure, but you can go into standby if you get there at 6:30. The CM's do not cut the line until park close

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
We've gone right at closing a couple of trips ago and there was NO line. As long as you aren't wasting a day's pass to go there, I'd try it.

joonyer
07-29-2008, 06:23 PM
If your ADR for 'Ohana is at 5:00, there is no way you'll get to Epcot by 6:30; I wouldn't count on getting there before 7:30. But if Soarin' is open until 9 and you don't mind standing in the stand-by line for 60 -90 minutes you should be able to ride Soarin' before it closes. As someone mentioned, if you're in line before closing time, the CM's will let you ride. And the crowds in the stand-by lines really fade fast right before closing time, especially with Illuminations about to start at 9pm. That's probably the only thing you'd be able to do at Epcot before Illuminations and park closing though.

If MK closes at 7 that day, you're better off going to Epcot, because you'll probably barely make it to MK before it closes unless you only order appetizers at 'Ohana. Even if you don't try to ride Soarin', you can stroll World showcase and watch Illuminations.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Future World always closes at 7 except for Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin, which close at 9.

You will be able to ride Soarin, and honestly, if you don't mind missing the fireworks, you can ride it closer to park closing at 9 and only wait like 20-30 minutes. We went last weekend and got on in like 15.

joelkfla
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Future World always closes at 7 except for Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin, which close at 9.
Also, Spaceship Earth and The Seas With Nemo & Friends, including Turtle Talk with Crush.

thejens
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
If you are staying on the monorail I'd send one of the group to Epcot as soon as you arrive at WDW to get fastpasses for later. But otherwise, I'd personally walk Main Street and watch Wishes. If your dinner runs late you could just watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. I would never want to end my day waiting in line for Soaring, and as much as I love Epcot, I think that park is best with time to linger. Magic Kingdom, on the other hand, is instantly delightful and a wonderful way to start a trip! Have fun. I wish I were planning my next trip!

CaptSmee
07-31-2008, 01:36 AM

You will be able to ride Soarin, and honestly, if you don't mind missing the fireworks, you can ride it closer to park closing at 9 and only wait like 20-30 minutes. We went last weekend and got on in like 15.

Ya beat me to it! No reason why you can't hit up Epcot after dinner. Maybe visit the Seas, Spaceship Earth, or even Imagaination before riding Soarin'. Soarin' is most definitely open until 9 pm every day, and yes if you get in line right before 9 the wait will not be as bad but you'll miss the fireworks.

coliemouse
07-31-2008, 07:35 AM
And actually, at the beginning of October, I think you'll really be fine. After 8 or so, EPCOT kind of turns into a place for people to go to dinner and relax. So, the ride crowd isn't there so much (depending on the time of year, of course). But, my birthday is at the end of September and I LOVE going around that time because there's a lull between the labor day crowd and the Halloween crowd. I think you'll be just fine.

And take the above poster's advice about going around Illuminations time.

Have fun!!

bruin1344
07-31-2008, 01:29 PM
it should be open until 9, i recommend skipping illuminations one night and going on it then, the wait usually falls to 15 min during illuminations