PDA

View Full Version : 1st week of January?

Zeike
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi! we probably will have a chance to go the 1st week of January to WDW, just wondering what to expect in terms of crowds, etc. compared to December, we are aiming at 2-7th or 3 to 8th, any advice? Thanks!

Gregandmel
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
From what i"ve read on these boards, I think you'll have a pretty quiet time on either of those. I would probably choose the 3rd - 8th because I would bet a lot of people will take off Friday, Jan. 2nd also and extend into the weekend. Just a guess - but I bet as you get further away from Jan. 1st - the crowds will definitely get smaller, especially during the week. Have a great trip!

sdewan
07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Just know that the WDW Marathon weekend is the 8th - 11th, but generally speaking, that shouldn't matter much. Most runners arrive on the 8th or 9th, but not all of them are interested in visiting the theme parks. If you are thinking of extending your trip, avoid the 10th and 11th. Roads will be closed and getting around those mornings will be difficult.

And a lot of people will be there on the 3rd and 4th as part of the long weekend. So your best window is the 5th - 8th. But it should be practically empty for those 4 days.

MuchLovedMama
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Crowd levels are listed as 5-7 with 10 being the most crowded. You shoud be pretty good. Have fun!

faline
07-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Since the 1st of 2009 will fall on a Thursday, I would expect that weekend to be quite busy with holiday crowds that have not yet left. I expect crowds will die down around the 4th.