PDA

View Full Version : CBR-late checkin?

minnie-mouse
07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
We will be arriving earlier in the day and plan to go straight to MK. We would like to stay and watch the 3pm parade. I know checkin is at 3pm, if we show up at the hotel at 5pm, are they going to keep our room? Will they penalize us and give us a dumpier room?

We will have a car, so we won't need to drop our stuff off anywhere prior to going to MK. Any advice?

faline
07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Regardless of the 3 p.m. check-in time, you can complete the check-in process far earlier in the day. If you're lucky, your room might even be ready. If not, you can simply return to your resort later in your day and head to your assigned room. There's no need to wait until 3 to check in!

minnie-mouse
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks so much -that really helps. So once we checkin, then that room is ours regardless of whether it is clean and ready? Does that mean they will give us the key early or will we have to come back to check in to get the keys and room #?

faline
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
If your room is not yet ready, they will give you the key but will not tell you the room number. They will give you a card with a telephone number on it. You can call the number later in the day to see if your room is ready. If it is, they will give you the room number at that time. You'll already have the key so can go directly to your room at any time after you've received the room number.

gerald72
07-29-2008, 01:55 PM
But keep in mind even if you don't have your room number yet, you can still use the key card for park admission (assuming you have days on the card)

megustamex
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
You may also want to check in ahead of time so that you can park for free at the parks. You need the parking pass from the resort.

You may definitely get a dumpier room if you check in late. I used to stay often at various Disney resorts when I lived in Florida and every time I checked in late I got one of the last rooms that was often undesirable.

CleveRocks
07-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Just for informational purposes ...

You are not considered a no-show at a WDW resort until after 6:00 a.m. the following day. As long as you show up to check-in before 6:00 a.m. the following day, your room will NOT be given away to someone else.

minnie-mouse
07-30-2008, 08:17 AM
But if I check in around noon when we arrive, will I get my exact room location and number or will I have to stand in line again after we return from the parks?

Thanks for the tip about getting the parking pass -totally forgot about that one.

DDuck66
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
But if I check in around noon when we arrive, will I get my exact room location and number or will I have to stand in line again after we return from the parks?

Thanks for the tip about getting the parking pass -totally forgot about that one.

Once you check in, everything is done and if your room is not ready, they will give you a card with a telephone number on it to call back later. Once you call back and get your room number, you DO NOT have to go back to the lobby and stand in line again.

minnie-mouse
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Once you check in, everything is done and if your room is not ready, they will give you a card with a telephone number on it to call back later. Once you call back and get your room number, you DO NOT have to go back to the lobby and stand in line again.

Thank you so much! You are all so helpful!

CleveRocks
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Once you check in, everything is done and if your room is not ready, they will give you a card with a telephone number on it to call back later. Once you call back and get your room number, you DO NOT have to go back to the lobby and stand in line again. ... and this is especially helpful at someplace like CBR, since the front desk is in a separate building all the way to one side of this spread out resort. In other words, waiting in line again wouldn't be as much of a pain as it would be to get off the bus at Barbados, walk across the street to the Custom House, wait in line, and then have to get yourself to your room which could be a very far walk or could mean a wait for the internal shuttle bus so you can get a ride to your room.

Instead, you'll know which village your room is in after you make that phone call, so upon returning to CBR on a park bus you can get off the bus at your exact village and then have a very short walk to your room.