PDA

View Full Version : displaying pins

Kisobel
07-28-2008, 10:47 PM
i don't trade but i do collect. i'm looking for unique ways to display my pins at home. anyone have any??

kate

TinkRocks
07-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Not sure how you would like to display your collection, but how about in box frames?

Personally, I keep my pins in trading card pages in binders. I slot each pin (with backing card) into each trading card space and punch the pin part through the back of the sheet protector. This keeps the pins in place and prevents them from falling out of the pages.

Another way to display pins is to put your pins onto cork board, or other similar material.

kakn7294
07-29-2008, 01:55 AM
I saw somewhere that someone used a dowel rod and wide (probably 1 - 1 1/2 inch) ribbon. They hung long strands of ribbon from the dowel rod and displayed the pins like on a lanyard. One of these days when I finally get to it, I'm going to use a corkboard but paint it to look nicer than a plain corkboard. You could also frame that metallic speaker screen stuff and poke the pins through that for a different look.

tink2006
07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
My son has some in "box frames", similar to shadow boxes just not so deep. As a back, I added a foam sheet and we stuck the pin in this backing. The foam sheets come in various colors. DS can easily access the pins, allowing him to pull the pins out for our WDW trips.

Kisobel
07-29-2008, 10:51 AM
thanks for the ideas.

kate

CaptSmee
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I used cork boards and painted the frames black on them.