PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach Tips

Arielfan98
07-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi guys! In 25 days i'm going to WDW! During my trip, two days will be spent in both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach). This will be the first time my family and I will be at the water parks, and I need some tips. Athough friends of ours have already talked to us about this, I would like to hear something from other people who have visited the waterparks. Thank you!!!! :thanks:

disneydad153
07-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Definately get the sealable/ water proof containers that you can wear around your neck. I use mine for money or resort card so that I can buy things without returning to the locker( which is expensive).:mickey:

DumboMom
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I can not say this enough. Water shoes, Water shoes, Water shoes. The ground gets really hot and flip flops are a pain to hold in your hands when you are going down the slides. Water shoes stay on your feet and they don't make you take them off for the slides.

I wold also say get them here. We didn't bring any the first time we went to Blizzard Beach and we spent a fortune on the ones they sell.

Have fun getting wet! :mickey:

yjgirl32
07-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I was only at Typhoon Lagoon and it was a lot of fun. I was a little bummed I didn't do the shark thing- but then that will be something for the next trip. I loved the rides they had and my DS 3 had a really great time too. Lots of sunscreen and put it on regularly. Have a great trip!

BoricuaBell
07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Try to have one day for each Water Park. You can do both in one day like I always have, but it's better to take it easy and repeat the best slides.

Arielfan98
07-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Thank you for your help so far, the only problem is friends of ours already mentioned getting water shoes, and getting the containers for your sunglasses. Also when I meant we were spending two days for the waterparks I meant one day is going to be spent on each waterpark. If possible could anyone tell me what slides you suggest for people that don't really like those fast, but not slow slides. (Almost like medium). Thanks!!! ;)

joonyer
07-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Be sure not to miss Teamboat Springs family raft ride at BB. It's our family favorite at the water parks. Very long and lots of curves. FUN, FUN, FUN!

Young@Heart
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Tobbogan Racers at Blizzard Beach is really fun and great to do if you have lots of people w/ you!

sdewan
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
GET THERE AS SOON AS IT OPENS! Either park will be crowded, especially if you're there on a weekend. So figure from 9AM - 10AM you go on all the big rides, then hit things like the lazy rivers and the wave pools for the next few hours, then have lunch and head home just as it is getting unbearably hot and crowded.

Alternatively, you can head there later in the afternoon as people start leaving. Especially if there is a brief afternoon shower - the park will clear out, leaving it almost empty.

#1disneyfan
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I cannot stress enough, DO NOT WEAR ANY TYPE OF GLASSES IN THE WAVE POOL!

We mistakenly did this on a past trip and my DH lost his prescription regular glasses and we had to go to a local Pearle and buy new ones.

You don't think that it is as rough as it is. I always wear my glasses in the ocean and I have never had a problem until Typhoon Lagoon!

Other than that, have a ball, it will be lots of fun!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 06:02 PM
GET THERE AS SOON AS IT OPENS! Either park will be crowded, especially if you're there on a weekend. So figure from 9AM - 10AM you go on all the big rides, then hit things like the lazy rivers and the wave pools for the next few hours, then have lunch and head home just as it is getting unbearably hot and crowded.

Alternatively, you can head there later in the afternoon as people start leaving. Especially if there is a brief afternoon shower - the park will clear out, leaving it almost empty.

:ditto:

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
1. Get there early.

2. Be careful with your swim suit choice or you might have a superbowl styled wardrobe failure

3. Stake out your beach chairs...preferably in a place with some shade in the afternoon....upon entry into the park.

4. If you do the snorkeling in TL, let the bulk of the group go first, and then you can take your time more easily...and less apt to get kicked or swam into...as you journey to the other side.

Daddy Mouse
07-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Sunscreen:thumbsup:

bruin1344
07-30-2008, 01:17 PM
sunscreen and rent a locker to put valuables or things you dont want to get wet

MarkC
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Ditto all the other posts. I would also add that if you can't get there early, go for the last couple of hours as it thins out late afternoon. And ride the Crush Gusher right away because it's a blast and it will really have long lines. Mark

kemps@wdw
07-30-2008, 10:16 PM
let's see...
LOVED Summit Plummet (if you're into BIG slides, keep your legs together), Teamboat Springs is a must, Crushin Gusher is a little hard on the butt, the wave pool @ TL is the best, the tobaggan racers are a definite :thumbsup:, and both parks have a great river tube ride surrounding them. But, I must recommend the Shark Reef. Snorkeling w/the sharks :shark: was totally awsome. There were other sea life in there as well. The water is COLD:freeze: the trip across the tank is short, and the experience is not to be missed!:thumbsup: Be sure to have an underwater camera.

Kenny1113
07-31-2008, 11:00 PM
People watching at the wave pool!!!!
I found it hilarious seeing all the people crammed in one section all looking in the same direction wating for the waves to come. Booing when a LARGE wave didn't come. :funny:

Arielfan98
08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for your help so far!!!! Please keep posting more helpful tips.

sophie peach
08-28-2008, 08:39 AM
sun screen!!!!!!:mickey:

Lizzie
08-28-2008, 01:30 PM
If your group is going to split up make sure you get there early to get some beach chairs set up for your group so you always have a spot to meet up at.

Figaro
08-29-2008, 04:57 AM
Complementary life jackets for the little ones, also! Water shoes or Crocks, rash guards work well, also... :thumbsup:

Disneyfamilyof3
08-29-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/party.gif
:party: Hi All! Thanks for many of the tipes posted here. Here's my dilemna:

We will be arriving at Orlando Airport at 8:55. If we are lucky, we will be on Magical Express within half an hour. Another half hour's drive get's us to Pop Century to check in for 11 nights , 12 days :cloud9: After check in, figure it will be 11 a.m. by the time we will be ready for the water parks (if no one is so starving that we have to stop and eat first). If we arrive at a water park at 11:30-12:00 ; will the parks be unbearably crowded? We will be @WDW from 9/19-9/30 if that helps at all. Which park would be more likely to have bad crowds? Thanks for your help!

Sim:marg::cool:

RockinRollerMom
08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Tobbogan Racers at Blizzard Beach is really fun and great to do if you have lots of people w/ you!

:ditto:

Also, DD7 LOVED the zipline at Blizzard beach. She must have went on that thing over 50 times.

Auroring Good Time
08-30-2008, 09:13 AM
:eat::tasty:They sell these mini cinnamon donuts that are awesome

E-OR
08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
A couple things that have already been said:
1. Get there early
2. Sunscreen
3. Find a spot with an umbrella or some shade
4. Don't forget to ride the Slush Gusher ride at
Typhoon Lagoon

An something that I always bring with us:

A water camera to take on the rides. We love to get home and see our water park days. Have fun we will be there in 20 days!

Arielfan98
09-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Thank you so much guys!!!!! My trip is over, but I have to say I liked Blizzard Beach better than Typhoon Lagoon. I'm gonna type a thread on new updates in the parks.

Arielfan98
09-05-2008, 04:25 PM
:eat::tasty:They sell these mini cinnamon donuts that are awesome

I didn't read this till now, but my mom and I got those mini donuts with powder, and they were delicious! They were homemade, warm, and fresh. :tasty: