PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip?

synesthesiademo
07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I've seen lots of people talking about the Dole Whips and how good they are, but what I want to know is...

What IS a Dole Whip? (And where can I find them in WDW?)

Thanks guys :)

gmgdisneymom
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
They are a very yummy pineapple smoothie type drink. You can get them in Adventureland at the Dole Whip stand - near the spitting camels.

(sometimes I even sneak a little bottle of rum from the resort store into the park to mix with my whip for EMH-night at Magic Kingdom. My DH says that I am obsessed)

synesthesiademo
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
That explains why I didn't know what they were - we've not walked around Adventureland much except for going on Pirates XD

They sound really good though, I love pineapple!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-28-2008, 05:01 PM
They are heaven in a cup...

technically, just a Dole Whip is the soft serve ice cream... however, Dole Whip is usually what everyone calls the Pineapple Float...

It is fresh pineapple juice in a cup topped off with pineapple soft-serve ice cream...

IT IS A-MA-ZING...

You can get them at Aloha Isle, which is just over the little bridge into Adventure Land from Main Street or you can get them at the Polynesian.

DestinationWDW
07-28-2008, 05:21 PM
You would be supprised what people will do for one. My wife can't pass the stand without purchasing one, so we try only to pass by once or twice when in the Magic Kingdom.

IT is located right across the bridge leading into adventure land, some where between 50 to 100 feet on the right. It is a small 3 or 4 window stand. If you reach the swisss family tree house or the spitting camel you went to far.

You don't know what your missing. Thumbs up on the rum, gotta try that.

Goes4FastPass
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
A Dole Whip is a pinapple smoothie.

Also available at the Visitors Center at the Dole Factory in Hawaii.

They cause many :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: and yummies in discussion boards.

On the sweetness scale they are somewhere between "Wow" and a smack in the face with a ping-pong paddle. :eek:

gamblefamily5
07-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Can you get these with a snack credit?:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
07-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Can you get these with a snack credit?:thumbsup:
Yes.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I can't wait to try one...I can't believe I never heard of them before Intercot:blush:

dixielandings
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
I actually prefer the pineapple and vanilla softserve swirl. Either way, it's one of the only times I am willing to wait in line without a fastpass!

Magic Smiles
07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
A dole whip float (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15708334@N03/2714585791/in/photostream/) is both refreshing and delicious! See photo.

DisneyCouture
07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
We get one or ten, lol on every trip we take to the MK. They are the best! Yummmmmmmmmmm!

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
A dole whip is the "flavor of walt Disney world" captured in a frozen pineapple sherbet.

Cathy S
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
As much as I like Dole Whips, a trip to the World would not be complete without a Citrus Swirl -- orange juice concentrate swirled with vanilla soft serve. These are truly a taste of Disney to us.:cloud9:

Young@Heart
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Thery are indescribably delicious!!!!:cloud9:

I've even planned my "Dole Whip Float" stops into our MK touring schedules. :blush::cloud9:

Daddy Mouse
07-31-2008, 01:41 PM
After hearing about them, DW and I are anxious to try one.

Faver
07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
If you like the refreshing sweetness of pineapple and the creamy goodness of vanilla soft serve, then a dolewhip is for you:thumbsup:

BrerSchultzy
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
And one cannot underestimate how GREAT it is that the Polynesian now has them at Captain Cooks. AND you get to serve yourself (no refills, but after some practice, you can get that thing pretty high up there). We stayed at Shades of Green, so we pretty much just took whatever means of transport was necessary from the parks to the Polynesian, then walked all the way to Shades of Green...just to get a Dole Whip. And, in fact, one of my dad's birthday presents this year was a certificate authorizing him to give my son his first taste of Dole Whip (he loved it). Dangit...now I want one. Dad...hurry up on perfecting that recipe, will ya'?

LeeAnn
07-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Is there a difference between A Dole Whip and Dole Whip Float?

Disney fans..
08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
This looks so good! I can't wait to get one when I get there this November. YUMMY

BrerSchultzy
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM

Technically (according to the menu) the Dole Whip is the soft-serve, and the Dole Whip Float is the soft-serve in pineapple juice.

But a Dole Whip is a Dole Whip is a Dole Whip...the rest is semantics.

Bethis26fan
08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
They are so good like everyone else has said. We will be in the MK 3 days this coming trip & I will get 3 lol.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-01-2008, 10:39 PM

Yes, there is.

A Dole Whip is just the ice cream.

Most people confuse the two, or just just one term for both. Kinda like using the term "coke" for any soft drink really (well, at least here in the South).