PDA

View Full Version : DME & Car Rental Question

Jeff G
07-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I have a rather unique question.

We are renting a vehicle during our coming trip & are staying on property. Can I use my DME tags and have my luggage delivered even though I'm not riding the DME? I assume I can if I tag my luggage prior to leaving home. It would make traveling a lot easier with the rental vehicle if I can pick it up without the luggae.

Also, we plan to turn our vehicle before our trip is over, can I use DM to get back to the airport even though I didn't use it when we arrived?

Beast_fanatic
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Disney's policy is that on the incoming portion of your trip, Magical Express can NOT be used as a luggage only transfer. To have your luggage transferred, at least one member of your party must take the Magical Express bus.

As far as returning to the airport, yes you can take Magical Express even though you didn't take it to your resort.

Jeff G
07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Disney's policy is that on the incoming portion of your trip, Magical Express can NOT be used as a luggage only transfer. To have your luggage transferred, at least one member of your party must take the Magical Express bus.

As far as returning to the airport, yes you can take Magical Express even though you didn't take it to your resort.

Thanks for the fast reply Rhonda. That makes sense.

To further clarify, we will be traveling with my parents and brothers family which are all under my reservation. When I made the reservation using the bounce back promo the CM put my brother in my room and my sister-in-law in my DW's room. Everyone else will be using the DME except my DW & I. Would we then be able to use this service for our luggage. I feel that I am paying the same as anyone who uses DME and they get the luggage so why shouldn't I?

I'm getting the van free for the week so we thought why not take it even if we use it sparingly. It may come in handy for groceries and errands.

CleveRocks
07-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Disney's official policy is that at least one person from the reservation must ride the bus from MCO to resort in order for all the luggage associated with that reservation to be transported/handled by DME. It sounds like you'll be doing that ... so go ahead and follow your plan, with Disney's blessing.