PDA

View Full Version : What would you choose?

DisneyBunch
07-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Given a choice, would you rather an all expense paid 4 day/ 3 night stay at Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Contemporary Resort, or an all expense paid 7 day/ 6 night stay at one of the All Stars or Pop Century?
Though I love the Monorail hotels, I would take the extra days at WDW.:mickey::coaster::fworks::wave::balloon:

Young@Heart
07-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Without question, I'd take the extra days. :mickey: In fact, that's what we do now. We never spend time at the resort-usually a stop in the afternoon to change clothes, maybe a short nap if needed. We're more than content with the surroundings at POP!

Now, when DC are grown and it's just me and DH, I might be more inclined to take fewer days and a more expensive resort. :thumbsup:

Septbride2002
07-28-2008, 12:06 PM
I'd take the resort - I will never be able to justify the expense the Grand Floridian is for a trip - so for a prize I want the most expensive resort I can get my hands on. :D
`
~Amanda

SBETigg
07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Our WDW trips are not all about the parks, though we do fit in more than enough park time to do and redo and redo our favorites. Our vacations are also about the resorts, the room, the views, the lobby, the shopping, the restaurants, the pools, and the theming. We tend to feel that we have two vacations in one- a theme parks adventure vacation, and a relaxing resort paradise vacation.

In only three days, we couldn't get much done at resort or parks, but it would still be worth it to be give up the extra time and be at "home" at the Grand Floridian.

Seasonscraps
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Our WDW trips are not all about the parks, though we do fit in more than enough park time to do and redo and redo our favorites. Our vacations are also about the resorts, the room, the views, the lobby, the shopping, the restaurants, the pools, and the theming. We tend to feel that we have two vacations in one- a theme parks adventure vacation, and a relaxing resort paradise vacation.

In only three days, we couldn't get much done at resort or parks, but it would still be worth it to be give up the extra time and be at "home" at the Grand Floridian.

This is exactly how I feel except I chose the Polynesian.

bruin1344
07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
grand floridian, never stayed at 3 monorail resorts but been to them, i like gf the most

after 3 nights, i would pay out of my own pocket at either moderate or value or if with my dvc-member friend, use his points

Tygger7
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I picked the Poly, because as much as I've wanted to stay there, I just haven't been able to lay out the extra cash. So, winning a trip there would be about the only way I would stay there. Now the option I REALLY wanted was to see was 5 days/4 nights at the WL....now THAT would be a prize. :D

BoricuaBell
07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I've always wanted to stay @ the Polynesian!

Mackflava99
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I think its better to have the days at the GF- relax- and then go buy 3 nights at the pop-
or actually do that first-
visit parks non stop for a few days and then relax for a few days at GF-

Mousemates
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Easy for us....the GF and for similar reasons as others have mentioned...just can't justify the cost of staying there, but I would gladly camp out there for 3 nights on someone else's dime.

luvmyboys4ever
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I would take the Poly :lei: But, then I would add on more days at Pop, at my own expense! Is that cheating?:judge:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
If we got to come at least once a year, I might pick one of the Deluxe hotels with a shorter stay but since that's not the case I'd pick 7 nights at Pop

Polynesian Dweller
07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Easy one for us, it just wouldn't be a Disney trip without the Polynesian. We actually turned down time at Boardwalk offered by Disney when Disney messed up our reservation one year. Put the trip off and went to the Poly later.

dteed
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Contemporary Resort, "The Disney Hotel"

MrsAndre
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
DH and I have 3 little ones at home - we won't fit in a regular value room so I voted for 3 nights in the Contemporary (imagining that we get a theme park view, of course!)

ParkMan
07-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Like someone else who posted earlier - our trips are about more than just park time. The resorts we stay in & their atmosphere is a very important part. I picked the GF, but really any of the deluxes would be fine.

MickeyMousse
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I think the only way we'd be able to stay at GF is if we won it as a prize! My entire family dreams of staying there someday, so I'd choose GF ! :cloud9:

gerald72
07-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Does this include park admission and meals? If so, I'd go with the longer trip.

DisneyBunch
07-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes. All expenses paid for whichever resort you choose.:mickey:

SFTrny
07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Tough choice....I went for the Poly because I have always been attracted by the atmosphere. The GF was a VERY close second.

Kairi_7378
07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
My husband has always wanted to stay at the Polynesian (or the Contemporary.) However, he thinks that the moderates are enough of a splurge, so the only time we'd get to stay there was if we won the trip.

We're having a baby in September and I can see us leaving the baby with my parents for a long weekend away so we can recharge in WDW... in that case I wouldn't mind a short trip with some relaxing resort time in.

lotrfan
07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
The reason that I would choose the Grand Floridian over the extended stays at the Value Resorts is because I don't ever see my wife and I splurging for the Grand Floridian. We've looked at the pictures and heard the reviews, but overall it's not our cup of tea. That's why winning a trip there would probably be the only time we would ever stay at the Grand Floridian.

caryrae
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I choose the Grand Floridian. I know I will never be able to afford it myself so 3 nights is pretty good. I would of course pay out of pocket and stay an extra 4 nights at POP but at the beginning then go from there to the GF.

Kisobel
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
i'd take the poly, because a free trip is the only way i will ever stay here. however i would take on days at another resort to make the stay worth our while. :D

kate

pogo
07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I'd take the Poly for three nights and then I'd tranfer to POFQ for another 5 or 6 ! :D

RAIDER
07-29-2008, 04:59 AM
It would have to be the Contemporary as its the one place i have always wanted to stay as for me its as a youngster many many moons ago and watching the monorail go thru the hotel i was in total awe :thumbsup:

BritCody
07-29-2008, 07:06 AM
I would stay at All Star Movies. I look at it this way, we are barely at the resort and I'd rather have more time in WDW than less

Minnie Imagineer
07-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I would go for poly because my family really only needs 4 days for the parks...so why not stay at my fav!

dmosher
07-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Normally since getting to Disney will take us about 20 hours on a plane from New Zealand, I would choose the extra days, but I could not stand staying at a pop resort, it would kill me. I would take the shorter time at a much better resort.
:pipes:
D

homeschool mom
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I've always wanted to stay at the GF, but don't know if that will ever happen because of the $$$$. Maybe when DH and I are old and gray and all the kids are gone. For now, we enjoy 5 nights/6 days at Pop with all 5 kids every other year. :mickey:

biodtl
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I went with Pop since I haven't tried it yet, but any of the values would be fine. I'll take a longer stay over deluxe accomodations any day!

BMan62
07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I chose GF because we've never stayed at a deluxe and, if it is all expenses paid, we could still add 3 or 4 nights at Pop and be saving money over our normal vacations!!

sdewan
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
At first I was going to vote for an All Star because of the extra days, but then I remembered when the 4 of us stayed in an All-Star for 3 nights. The room was small and even with little kids, two double beds were hard to get a good night's sleep in. I think 3 nights is all I could take in an All-Star room, so I voted for the Polynesian.

#1disneyfan
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I thought really hard about this one!

I chose CR 3nights/4 days only because I would love to stay there and my DD really wants to try that hotel. I stayed there 2 times as a kid, but never as an adult. My second choice would have been GF.

If this did happen, I would add extra days by staying at my Mom's nearby Timeshare. That way I wouldn't have to give up those extra days ;)!

beksy
07-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Although I too love the monorail resorts and hope to stay in one on our next trip, I had to go with the Pop and the extra days. I just couldn't justify losing those days when we don't get to go as often as we'd like to now.

Mfarquar
07-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I would cheat - I'd take the 3 free nights at the Poly and then pay the extra $$$ for 3 more nights and a ticket-add on :thedolls:

Hey it'd still be cheaper than my normal Disney vacation! My friend won a vacation once, and they let her add on days :)

mrsgaribaldi
07-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Given a choice, would you rather an all expense paid 4 day/ 3 night stay at Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Contemporary Resort, or an all expense paid 7 day/ 6 night stay at one of the All Stars or Pop Century?
Though I love the Monorail hotels, I would take the extra days at WDW.:mickey::coaster::fworks::wave::balloon:

That is my feeling exactly. The Poly is my favorite but I'll take a longer trip any day. We hardly spend any time in the resort anyway. Just sleeping really, and washing:D

Daddy Mouse
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
We would go with a longer stay. We only sleep in the rooms anyway.

brownie
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd take the extra time.

GrmGrninGost
07-30-2008, 05:29 PM
POP for me! It's all about time at the parks! :mickey:

slegrant
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
I would choose the Grand Floridian for the 4 days/3 nights and then add on by booking an extra 5 day/4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge! Second choice would be the Polynesian.:mickey:

joonyer
07-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I chose Poly, because we've never been able to stay there. We always choose more time at WDW rather than a more luxurious resort for the same money. (you can stay 30 days at a value for the cost of one week at Poly)
. . . So, if you made the deal 10 nights at a value vs. 3 nights at a deluxe, I'd probably choose the value resort again.

mickeefan
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian and thanks to the 30% bounceback offer we will be there the first week in December.

goofy-4-disney
07-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Given the economy these days, i'll take any trip at any disney property for any amount of days. I was there this past December/January and am hoping to go back next summer ( early june to early august). Any tips on when to find the best deals for that time frame would be great.

Lightnin McQueen
07-31-2008, 07:38 AM
We're staying at WL arriving in 10 days. I live in the UK and will be staying for 2 weeks with my family in the magic.

If it were me then I'd go for the extra days as it's such big trip for us with travelling etc.

You could have the best of both worlds and go for a deluxe, not as expensive as your choices, say AKL or WL and extend your stay to 5 or 6 nights or how ever many nights your budget stretches too.

Whatever your decision I hope you have a great time.

Lightnin.

mouseketeer mom
07-31-2008, 07:51 AM
I would go for the time at POP.
We've only stayed deluxes. Resort time is as important to us as park time.
But., I love the idea of trying POP, all expensives paid. We stopped by there once on Magical Express and my kids have been begging to stay there ever since. I really do wonder how different a stay at POP would be from our deluxe stays. My DH wants no part of it. He thinks the values seem chaotic and motelish. So, if given a choice, I'd try the POP just for fun. It would be a new experience I'd like to have.

Bass T-bone
07-31-2008, 10:06 AM
I haven't stayed at the Grand Floridian before, so that's my choice.

disneymom2000
07-31-2008, 08:08 PM
I chose the Poly because I have only visited there and not been able to stay. It is a beautiful resort and so close to MK. Also being on the monorail has it's plusses. But over all, I would almost go 5 nights 6 days at the Beach Club, even paying out of pocket. It is my home away from home.:secret:

Kenny1113
07-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd take the resort - I will never be able to justify the expense the Grand Floridian is for a trip - so for a prize I want the most expensive resort I can get my hands on. :D
`
~Amanda

:ditto:

buzz2001
08-02-2008, 07:53 AM
The longest possible...POP!

Mickey91
08-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Definitely the POP for 7 nights! Afterall, it's just a place to sleep and shower!

amd780
08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
This was a tough call. I was torn between staying less time at the Poly, or more time at Pop. In the end, I chose Poly because I've always wanted to stay there! :mickey:

KAT1811
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd still go with the longer vacation hands down. The more time in Disney the better. 3 nights would be a tease, we'd never get to actually do anything.

Harriet
08-04-2008, 03:24 AM
I choose Poly since I could never afford the rates here anymore and would love to stay on the monorail line. GF is not my style nor is Contempory. It is not the length of stay it is the quality of the style you want to feel.

DisneyorBust
08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I would return 'home', to the POLY.:papple::tikki:
Since this would be an unexpected trip, I would want to enjoy it at my favorite resort.

CaptSmee
08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
It'd take the Poly and add on 3 more paid nights to the trip!:thumbsup:

wmdaddy
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Though I'd obviously prefer the Deluxe Resorts, that much more time I'd go with a Value.

Marker
08-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I didn't even have to think about this one. I take ANY of the value resorts. I voted for Pop, probaby because that's where I'm staying next month, but I'd choose ANY of the value resorts in a heartbeat.

The reality is, I have no desire to stay at the GF, it's a bit to, shall we say "proper" for me. I'm much more relaxed at the Value Resorts.

So yeah, I'd much rather have a longer stay.