PDA

View Full Version : EMH and CS meals/restaurants

DBANK3
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok, I'm a newbie to this discussion board stuff, but here it goes.:)

My family will be in Disney 8/31-9/7; we have free dining and will be staying at POR. I have all TS meals scheduled, but my question comes to the CS meals with EMH in the evening. AK usually closes at 5, but has EMH the night of 9/3. Will the few CS places (like the Flame Tree) be open during that time or do we need to plan to get there before normal closing time? Does this hold true for all of the parks?

Thanks for the help!

disneymom15
07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Welcome to intercot.
CS should be open during EMH.

SBETigg
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Actually, a lot of CS places close during EMH. When we did evening EMH at Epcot, only Morocco's Tangierine Cafe was open past 9, to 11 pm. Judging from this, Flame Tree at AK may or may not be open. I never did evening EMH at AK, but maybe someone else has and knows about that one specifically. At any rate, I would eat earlier and not count on park CS dining after regular hours, just in case.

Aggie97
07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I just checked some EMH times guides from our past few trips. I imagine the exact closing times can vary, but I hope this provides a general idea of what to expect.

AK: Feb. '08, EMH 5-8 p.m.
Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari open until 7; Yak & Yeti CS open until 8.

DHS: June '08, EMH 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Catalina Eddie's, Rosie's All-American Cafe and Toluca Legs Turkey Co. listed as open without a specified closing time.

Epcot: Nov. '07, EMH 9:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Liberty Inn open until 10; the rest of the major CS locations in FW and WS listed as open without a specified closing time.

MK: Nov. 07, EMH 8-11 p.m.
Casey's Corner open until 8:40; Pecos Bill Cafe open until 10; Cosmic Ray's, Main St. Bakery, Mrs. Potts' Cupboard, Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and Sleepy Hollow open until 11.

Based on our experience, the CS locations without specified closing times at Epcot and DHS seemed to close at varying times during EMH. I would plan to eat dinner before EMHs start to be safe! :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
07-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Theer seem to be fewer but always SOME CS locations opebn during evening EMH.

When my wife and I attend evening EMH with DDP our strategy is split one adult CS meal earlier in the day and split a second adult CS meal during evening EMH.