PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century

minnie-mouse
07-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Any advice for staying at this resort for a young couple without children?

Tygger7
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
You mean besides, "Don't stay there without children"? :D

If they're looking for a romantic getaway, then they'll be disappointed. Be prepared for a LOT of kids and chaos. Once you're out of the main lobby/food court/shopping area, it's not too bad, but again, there are lots of kids at the pool.

My DH & I are going for a romantic getaway in May and we opted to try Port Orleans Riverside. We can't afford to do WL, but after staying at Pop in May of this year, I definitely wouldn't consider it since it's just us. A little more expensive, but worth it to us for the additional peace & quiet.:mickey:

Good luck!

BoricuaBell
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Study the resort map and ask to stay away from the pools, where it gets a bit more noisy. I've stayed here before and I really enjoyed it, so I know you'll have a great time!

disneymom15
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Husband and I have stayed at POP a few times by ourself. It can be as romantic as you want it to be. For us, just spending quality time together is great. Spending time in the parks, holding hands, a nice dinner, the fireworks at the end of the day really do it for us. Hope this helps. You don't have to spend alot of money to create romance.

Itchy
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
We stayed at Pop last August and Feb of this year and it was just the lady friend and I .

We had no real problem with the kids as with any value thats expected.

We had more problems with the adults which was ussally late at night after they came back from the parks or pleasure island and decided to talk very loudly outside of our room until I asked the to quite down,:mad:

This lasted for more that a few minutes.

But considering the time we spent in our room, which was very little we were quite happy with the resort.:mickey:

32 days and counting till the next trip.

Young@Heart
07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Husband and I have stayed at POP a few times by ourself. It can be as romantic as you want it to be. For us, just spending quality time together is great. Spending time in the parks, holding hands, a nice dinner, the fireworks at the end of the day really do it for us. Hope this helps. You don't have to spend alot of money to create romance.

ITA w/ this! Romance is what you make of it. DH and I have been married for 8 years now and we find romance no matter where we are. :cloud9:

I love POP, and know we'd have just as good a time there if it was just me and DH. Taking a stroll on Generation Gap Bridge, especially at night, can be romantic. And, even with kids around, the pools would be fun. :mickey:

Crow
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
avoid the Food Court in the morning.
stay away from the 60s pool.except for the bar nearby
come back to the room later, not early evening if possible.
avoid the buses to MK

Faver
07-28-2008, 03:16 PM
My DH and I will be staying at POP again this December. However, it will be our first time, ALONE!!!, no kids, no grandparents..... Just us!!!! I can't wait!!!! :cloud9:

As was previously mentioned, just ask for a room away from the pools. It's an extra walk to transportation and the food court, but the peace and quiet is worth it.

Have fun:mickey:

Jasper
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I know everyone keeps saying that there is so much noise and chaos because of all the families with kids staying at the Value Resorts but frankly, we have seen just as much noise and chaos at some of the high end resorts as well. Kids are kids regardless of what resort they are staying in.

We have done all of the Value Resorts multiple times and have never had any issues other than when the Pop Warner football teams were there.

dizneegirl71
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
DH and I have stayed at POP twice with a third time planned next year. We love POP! We have stayed in the 80's section and find that it is quite nice. It does not seem as crowded because it is not a preferred location. It is a little bit farther away from the food court and bus stop, but if you cut through the parking lot it is not that bad. Also, since we open the parks every morning the wait for the bus around 7:15 is not usually too bad. If you close the park, take time to hold hands and stroll to the bus stop (let the mob of families get there first). We do this and usually never wait more than 15 minutes for a bus. Remember that romance is what you make of it-Enjoy! :mickey: