PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is showtime! Last plea for pixie dust!!!

J9
07-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Well, guys....tomorrow is the big day. The start of the 3-day terror that is the bar exam. Ugh. By this time tomorrow, I will be sitting at my desk in the Convention Center, feeling about ready to puke. :sick: (No, I'm not joking)

I could really use the pixie dust. Really really. I feel like I know the stuff, but I don't KNOW the stuff, if that makes any sense. Plus, I have a tendency to get so nervous that I blank.:confused: I really just need luck of the draw to get questions that I really know backwards and forwards (come on corporations, family law, and wills!!!)

I'm so ridiculously nervous, I already woke up sick today already. LOL!

I mean, at this point, I haven't had a life for 2 months. If I fail, there was nothing more I could have done, but I don't WANT to fail!!!

I already went through three years of torture, why do they have to take my summer away from me too?!?!?! And then make me wait until November to find out my fate?!?!?! Ack!

WDWFanatic
07-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Best of luck and loads of pixie dust coming your way!:pixie:

You are very prepared and I'm sure you will do great!

Remember to eat a good breakfast and breath! You will ace it.

Maybe you can spend a month at WDW to make the time go by quicker, hee hee

GOOD LUCK!

Flower
07-28-2008, 09:19 AM
:pixie: Best of luck to you!!!

McGoofy
07-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I am sure that all your hard work will be rewarded! I can sort of understand what you are going through. I had to take my state board exam for nursing several years ago. Not only is waiting to take the big exam torture, but the waiting for the results is almost as bad! You are doing your best, and that's all that you can do. WHEN (notice I said "when" and not "if!") you get your passing results, maybe you can do what my best friend from nursing school and I did together...we went to Disney World to celebrate!!!:mickey: Best wishes to you!:wishes::pixie:

drummerboy
07-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Best of luck to you. Frankly, I pampered myself when it came time to take the bar exam (I also closed the books the day before--there's such a thing as overstudying).

Make sure you have plenty of protein. I went so far as to have steak and eggs for breakfast. I also skipped coffee--didn't want anything making me even more keyed up and didn't want anything stimulating my kidneys either. :blush: Do your best to sleep well each night so you're rested.

The key thing to remember is; you've studied hard to get through law school, you've studied hard for the bar exam, you can do it. :thumbsup: For your own good, relax the best you can.

'Course, I had extra incentive--I had a wife and two kids depending on me to pass and get back to work to support them. :D

DisneyDog
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Best of luck Janine! We will all be cheering you on and thinking of you! We should have a big Philly Intercot party for you when you pass! (because we all know you will -- heck, your life wasn't spared for nothing a few weeks ago during that high school graduation mess!). And, at the very least, you get to take your exam in a really, really nice place. I love the convention center. It's beautiful! You should treat yourself to lunch in Chinatown if you have time :thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK!!

Jill

TiggeRia
07-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Sending you lots of luck and pixie dust! :pixie: I'm sure you'll do a great job!

RedSoxFan
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Lots of luck. I'm sure you'll do fine.

pianobabe
07-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Tonight, I want you to put down the books and cut on the TV. Watch the silliest show you can find. Then take a nice relaxing bubble bath. Go to bed at a decent time. In the morning eat a good healthy breakfast. When it is time for the test, take a deep breath and remember what you have learned over the past couple years.
When I took my nursing boards several years ago, this is what I did. It worked.
After everything is said and done you can go home and play with your puppy and put the day behind you.

princessjojo
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Close the books, eat a good dinner, sleep well and eat a breakfast with adequate amounts of protein and carbs. Take a deep breath and begin, knowing you've given yourself an honest attempt. When you get your results and see PASS, go and treat yourself to something you've refrained from. For me, it was a new purse and working shoes.

I kinda know how you feel. Just this month I took my state boards for nursing. Spent 2 years studying, then review class and studied about 4 hours and 200-500 questions/day studying. It was very tough and I made sure to take my concerta about an hour before and a beta blocker my Dr. prescribed. I too get physically sick before a major exam.

You'll be fine. We here have faith in you so have faith in yourself.

Good Luck!!!

conorsmom2000
07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Best of luck to you and tons of pixie dust coming your way!!! :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

weswerx
07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
:pixie:
You'll do fine and once you pass, you'll be wishing you had summers as easy as this one:thumbsup:
If this is truly something that you want, then you'll do fine. Just relax, take a deep breath and let the pixie dust do it's magic :pixie:

shan-ash
07-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Lots of luck for you:wishes::pixie::pixie:
My cousin's girlfriend is taking the Texas exam on Thursday!!!

J9
07-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Thanks, everybody!

I'm off...and doing remarkably ok...

See you all in 3 days!! I'll let you know how I think it went!

drummerboy
07-29-2008, 08:04 AM
In case you check in tonight--I forgot to mention one other thing. Don't second-guess yourself and don't discuss your answers with other exam takers after each day's portion. It tends to psych you out.

Go see a good comedy movie tonight. Another classmate and I watched a Tom Hanks movie and relaxed.

wdwgrl377
07-29-2008, 10:44 AM
:pixie: on the way for you! Best of luck to you!

J9
07-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Just want to pop in again...

Today went well....really well I think. I mean, there's no way to tell for sure, but I think it was definitely doable. There were a few essays that I knew the ultimate answer to, but didn't know the legal reason why. But I soldiered on and made up a rule that got me to the answer I knew was right. That's what they told us to do in Bar Review class, so hopefully it went ok.

I don't think I bombed the essays. I don't think I rocked them either, but it doesn't have to be perfect. And even better? No civil procedure, no evidence, and the easiest conlaw question ever! (At least I hope there was no evidence, civ pro, and an easy conlaw cause otherwise...uh oh! hahahah)

Tomorrow is the multiple choice part which I've been most comfortable with all along. Hopefully that continues to be the case tomorrow! I'm not gonna say oh I passed for sure at this juncture, but if I don't...well there definitely wasnt anymore I could have done! Hopefully NJ on Thursday goes the same!

Also....prayers definitely worked. A lot of people I know had their computers deregistered from the program for some reason and found out they had to write the whole thing by hand 5 minutes before we were supposed to start. Not me, thank goodness. And the poor girl next to me took her computer with her at lunchtime after they told us all not too, and they told her she had to finish by hand. The poor thing sat there and cried next to me for half an hour during the testing. Also...thank goodness I wasn't in Cali. Some friends of mine couldn't finish because they were evacuated because of the earthquake. Now they're all worried that they might have to automatically take it again in February.

So really guys - thanks for the pixie dust and prayers. I really really appreciate it! If you can keep it coming for two more days I will be MOST thankful!!!

beksy
07-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Best of Luck Janine! I know you'll pass and then can treat yourself to a great reward...all that studying can't be for nothing! Sending prayers and pixie dust your way! :wishes::cheer::pixie::pixie::tink:

pink
07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Sounds like you're doing well so far, keep up the good work! :mickey:

J9
07-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, today was not so hot. It was the 200 multiple choice questions. In the practice book I've been averaging about 80-95% correct (you only need about 55% to pass), but this test was terrible.

How well I did depends on how lucky I was guessing between two answers. Most of the time I was able to knock out 2 or the 4 choices, but the other 2....forget it. Pure guesswork.

I either passed swimmingly or I bombed horribly. It's not very concerting for tomorrow's essays (especially since I have to basically do all of the NJ stuff tonight since I was focusing on PA before now...)

I'm off to Atlantic City for Day 3, so wish me luck! I need it after today's nosedive!!! LOL

DisneyDog
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
We're all still thinking of you and cheering you on! Go A.C.! Maybe the warm salt air will help you keep a clear head...

Jill

J9
08-01-2008, 02:03 PM
It's over...and I'm still alive, although barely a shell of my former self. LOL!

Day 3 in NJ I thought was pretty gosh darn easy. Especially since I didn't study (I wound up falling asleep in the car on the way down instead) and was totally freaked out about civil procedure.

When I finally got to the civ pro question, I had nothing except how to certify a class action for a lawsuit! YES! I KNEW this! And I knew it WELL!! The lecturer at the Bar Review class told us there was a 1% chance of that being tested, but I took note of it anyway since I had just gotten an opt-out notice for a class action suit in the mail. From what I heard and read after the exam, NO ONE (except me! :blush:) studied that at all and they just made stuff up.

My only snag in NJ was that I wrote two lines of text to the space for one line on 4 of the questions. (I didn't even realize I did it until I heard at lunch people complaining about how big a space there was). I'm so worried now they'll fail me just for that or not read my essays. I didn't even realize I did it until after, but I still followed directions. They said only write on the lined side, which I did....

But I guess in conclusion, thanks for the pixie dust. Overall with the exception of Day 2's multiple choice, I think it went much better than anticipated. I can't get confident until I get the results back, because the truth is you never really know what they were actually looking for.

So...I'll let you guys know the results once I get them! (PA in October and NJ in November)

Thanks again, and when I retake one of them in Feb (or move on to FL if I pass both!), I will be back for more pixie dust! :-D

pianobabe
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Take the weekend and do absolutely nothing except pamper yourself.

J9
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Take the weekend and do absolutely nothing except pamper yourself.

Hahaha....well this afternoon I charged $400 worth the stuff I don't need (and don't have the money for) at Ann Taylor!!!! LOL!

pianobabe
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Hahaha....well this afternoon I charged $400 worth the stuff I don't need (and don't have the money for) at Ann Taylor!!!! LOL!

Sounds like you are off to a good start!!!:party:

drummerboy
08-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm glad you felt good about the exams. We 'only' had to wait about a month for our results; I can't imagine having to wait until October or November. Here in NC, you want to receive a thin envelope with your results, because that means there aren't any re-application materials in the envelope.

Wishing you the best of luck for a good outcome. :thumbsup:

tinkerbellybutton
08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm a little slow getting around to posting but :pixie: for good results, you certainly deserve it after all the hard work you've put in! :pixie:

WDWFanatic
08-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Wow, what a long time to wait. Hope it goes by quick for you, and you passed them both:thumbsup: