PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Stays since the Refurb?

GhostHost999
07-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Good Evening Folks,

Was wondering if any of you have stayed at the Contemporary since all the remodeling.

And if you have, what did you think?

Any and all opinions are welcome.

JenniferS.
07-28-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm staying there in just 36 days!!! I'd also like to know any info too!!

DisneyCrazy
07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Good Evening Folks,
Was wondering if any of you have stayed at the Contemporary since all the remodeling.

I've stayted there twice since the room refurbs. and generally like the new rooms. There's a wide screen flat panel tv which gives you much more space in the room. I really like the color scheme, etc. They rooms have computers in them with free internet access (at least it was free in December '07). I felt they missed the mark with the new bathrooms. The square sinks do not drain that great and the shelf space is limited. There is a shelf under the sinks. The towels for the shower/tub are located across the bathroom; I finally remembered by the end of the trip to grab a towel before heading to the shower. The storage space is also limited. The large closet has been divided into two smaller closets with a cabinet in the middle for the small fridge and coffee maker. There are two drawers in one of the closets and two other drawers near the computer. When I was there last December, the temporary quick service place was open and the food options were limited. They are currently rehabbing the old Concouse Steakhouse for the new quick service restaurant (Mickey's Express) which I hope will be open for my trip this December. If you have any specific questions, please ask.

Princess Maggie
07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Just wondering the same thing. We will be there in October and was hoping that the new Mickey's Express will be complete. Hopefully someone will come by soon who has been there recently and update us. We had some horrible experiences at the Tempo grab and go last year.
On a positive note, we did enjoy the newly decorated rooms.

DisneyCrazy
07-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Just wondering the same thing. We will be there in October and was hoping that the new Mickey's Express will be complete. Hopefully someone will come by soon who has been there recently and update us. We had some horrible experiences at the Tempo grab and go last year.

They just started the rehab of the Concourse Steakhouse area about two weeks ago. They also closed down the Outer Rim Lounge and its being demolished. This area will become the waiting area for Chef Mickey's. Once MIckey's Express opens, the area occupied by Tempo Grab and Go will be changed to a small lounge.

mouseketeer mom
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
We've stayed in the refurbished rooms and found them just terrific. Modern and clean looking. We would go back again in a heartbeat!

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM
We were there in Janaury of this year with a lake view room and thoroughly enjoyed our room time...the beds were great (almost on a par with the beds at the Swan)...the flat panel tV made for easy viewing from the entire room...and the decor felt....well very contemporary...it just seemed to fit.

Our only dislikes were in the bathroom...it seemed like a whole lot of sink (big deep square double basins) but not a whole of counter top. The divided shower/bath/toilet area was a nice touch.

Lynn J Mc
07-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Loved the new bedroom part. Hated the bathroom part. The sinks are flat and don't drain. We actually used one sink as counter space since there basically is no counter space. Also had to have a new fridge brought up as the one in the room had frozen up. The maintenance man said they were having that problem and had to move the fridge under the desk instead of leaving it in the closet. Check for that as soon as you get there. HAve fun. This is my favorite resort.

KarenP
07-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Loved the new bedroom part. Hated the bathroom part. The sinks are flat and don't drain. We actually used one sink as counter space since there basically is no counter space.

I agree with you 100%. Loved the bedroom portion, but did not like the bathroom at all, most especially the sinks. We could never get the water to go down. And there is no counter space at all. We had to store everything underneath.

LottaLubes
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Loved the new bedroom part. Hated the bathroom part. The sinks are flat and don't drain. We actually used one sink as counter space since there basically is no counter space.

We actually did the same thing...

Other than the bathroom, we also enjoy staying at the Contemporary.

LottaLubes
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
They are currently rehabbing the old Concouse Steakhouse for the new quick service restaurant (Mickey's Express) which I hope will be open for my trip this December.

According to Info Central, the new Mickey Express should open around 8/14...I hope to stop by on our trip next month to check it out:

From September 12, 2007 through August 14, 2008 "Tempo Grab and Go" will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge as a temporary Counter Service option.

Disnamic Duo
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
We were there this past January and we LOVED the bedroom AND the bathroom. At first our sinks weren't draining well. We called about it and they sent a guy up to unclog the drain. After that, the water went right down, no problem. I've seen MANY comments about the sinks draining slowly. I think it has much more to do with drain pipes clogging than the sinks being flat. It's water - if the pipe isn't clogged it's going to go down.

Anyway, the newly refurbed rooms are really NICE.