PDA

View Full Version : Q re: ME....

Dsnygirl
07-27-2008, 10:12 PM
This question came up b/c of the other ME thread running right now, but I thought I'd ask it separately instead of letting it get lost in the thread...

My DH and I have used ME once, and a towncar once. We didn't mind ME at all, but had carry-ons, so didn't have to wait for our luggage.

For our upcoming trip, we're unsure what we'd like to do... primarily b/c of the wait we hear about with the luggage getting to the resort. We arrive at 10:10 am, and want to basically hit the resort running, check-in and get to the parks. We won't be back 'til 10pm or so.

Being early December, I'm fairly sure we'll have a room available, so we would prefer to have our luggage w/ us and not have to wait to get it at night.

What are people's experiences with an early morning arrival and ME getting your luggage to you quickly? (I do realize we could bring what we need for the parks in a backpack on the plane, I'm just an "unpacker" by nature and prefer to be done w/ that when I arrive, instead of stumbling through it at the end of a long day when all we want to do is hit our beds. :blush:)

So - fill me in - how's it been for early arrivers?? (And we're *hopefully* staying at CBR, if the specials cooperate... otherwise, it'll be POFQ)

Thanks!! :thanks:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I can't really answer your question but wanted to let you know that you CAN go get your luggage and take it on ME with you. You don't have to wait for them to get it and deliver it. For myself, I plan on packing my sunscreen etc in my carry on so that I can just head right to the park as we too land about 10am. It doesn't take me long to unpack so I don't mind doing it when I get back to the hotel that night.

GrumpyFan
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
The luggage delivery time varies greatly, but they say in general to expect 3-4 hours.

Twinsowner
07-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Last year we went and picked up our own luggage. Carried it to the ME and the driver loaded it under the bus. NO Problem! Took it off the bus at the resort, checked in and we were in the parks about an hour and a half later completely unpacked. I guess it would matter how many in your party and how many bags you each had. We only had one large suitcase and one carry on apiece so we could handle our own. might be tougher to do with small children although you can rent the buggies at the airport if necessary. I know a lot of people enjoy ME but we just preferred to keep our luggage in sight and have with us. Whichever you decide I am sure it will work out. have fun!!!

playdead88
07-28-2008, 06:38 AM
we have never had any problems with ME and our luggage - last year we went during one of the busiest weeks in april and when our room was ready we went up and our luggage was in it!

Nut4DW
07-28-2008, 09:28 AM
We used ME on our last visit and like you we arrived around 10 am. We checked in (POR), dropped our carry on things in our room and were heading out to EPCOT by 1:00. We came back to the room around 6:00 and our luggage was there with no problems. I too like to unpack first thing, but the convenience of not having to haul our luggage around the airport and the resort was worth waiting until later to take care of it. Plus, we saved time by going directly to ME and not having to wait on the luggage.

We will definately be using ME again in December when we travel back to DW. Can't wait......