PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Land

Arnold Simba
07-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Is there any land around the Magic Kingdom to include the building of one more "-land"? Call it Nostalgialand, Waltland, whatever. Have it feature the classic rides and touches from a previous Disney era, stuff Disneyfanatics like myself and others on this board really miss. Include Horizons, World Of Motion, Journey Into Imagination (with the Dreamfinder), the original Main Street Theatre with the old movies, the old Penny Arcade with the old pinballs/pitch and bats/fortune teller machines, etc. I know it's a hodge-podge of stuff, but what say you?

MickeysEars
07-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I love this idea. At the POP, I like the idea that in the shadow boxes it shows some of Disney's highlights over the centuries. I also like that at the "One Man's Dream" exhibit.

EpcotNut
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Is there any land around the Magic Kingdom to include the building of one more "-land"? Call it Nostalgialand, Waltland, whatever. Have it feature the classic rides and touches from a previous Disney era, stuff Disneyfanatics like myself and others on this board really miss. Include Horizons, World Of Motion, Journey Into Imagination (with the Dreamfinder), the original Main Street Theatre with the old movies, the old Penny Arcade with the old pinballs/pitch and bats/fortune teller machines, etc. I know it's a hodge-podge of stuff, but what say you?

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20K Leagues would be perfect fits!! Great idea!:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-27-2008, 09:31 PM
None of those ideas would fit together in a land. That why originally, they were in different lands at Epcot.

So if they did it, why not do it at Epcot instead of MK?

However, they could just make an interactive museum for it.

Disneyfun
07-27-2008, 09:41 PM
They could do this virtually at DisneyQuest at DTD! That way they would not have to spend the millions of dollars for the physical buildings that the attractions were originally housed in.
This would probably be the only realistic option (yeah, I know that this was mostly pipe dreams) as their reason for shutting down these attractions was either low guest visits, irrevelance due to passage of time, or a percieved better use for the area.

GhostHost999
07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I like it.
Think of the cost savings...no R&D needed, the designs are already made.

True you would have to pay for materials, but so what. Think of all the drawing power that place would have.

I think it'd be great.

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
I love the idea, but alot of those rides were removed for a reason and to bring them all back in one area wouldn't make sense from a themeing perspective

Polynesian Dweller
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I like it.
Think of all the drawing power that place would have.

I actually think not that much. For all of the rides mentioned there were truly dedicated fans who will always want to see them. But, they were taken out for a reason and declining numbers would have been part of that.

I think Jessica has the best idea that would also be easier to fit in somewhere, like near One man's Dream, and that's an interactive museum.:thumbsup:

PeterPan
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
From a "Dream" standpoint, of course this is a lovely idea.

Will it ever happen?

Not in a million years of dreams.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I know it's a hodge-podge of stuff, but what say you?

I say you'd have to bring back Alien Encounter as well, and get rid of the virtual Alien Encounter ride in Disney Quest...please, that machine is a disgrace to the original attraction!

Chris :hatter:

KAJUNKING
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
great idea in theory but not very practical

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
great idea in theory but not very practical

I have a feeling quite a few people told Walt the same thing about Disneyland back in the day...

And I don't see the problem with theming; the "theme" would be quite obvious. NOSTALGIA.

Of course they won't do it, but I think if done properly it would be a pretty good draw. But it would take imagination (which seems to be lacking lately) and an admission that taking out these classics was a mistake in the first place.

RAIDER
07-30-2008, 04:14 AM
I love this idea. At the POP, I like the idea that in the shadow boxes it shows some of Disney's highlights over the centuries. I also like that at the "One Man's Dream" exhibit.

I also agree .... Ithink it would be lovely if Disney went back to their roots and showed more in depth their beginnings and bring back a few old rides of the past ,i am sure it would be a hit :thumbsup: