PDA

View Full Version : Question about the DDP for older kids

Kerr0173
07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
We are trying to decide whether to add the Basic dining plan to our DVC ressie for January. We have 4 kids, ages 10, 8, 6, and under 2. My 10 year old is a very picky eater, and would never eat off of an adult menu. So, my questions is: Can I buy him child credits as long as he only eats from the child's menu? Or, are they strict on the age thing? Not trying to cheat the system. I just know that he will always eat just a kids meal. And, I don't know if it would be worth it to buy him adult dining credits.

Can antone shed light on this?
Thanks, Kerrie:mickey:
Kerrie:mickey:

Strmchsr
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
You can order off the kid's menu, but I'm about 99% certain you would still have to pay adult price. My understanding is they're pretty tight on the age thing.

Figment!
07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Tickets, Packages and Package Add-On's may not be "bought down" in age.

If the Guest is 10 years old and up, they must purchase the appropriate Adult tickets, packages, and/or package Add-on's.

As Chris mentions, your 10 year old should be able to still order off the Children's Menu if they wish; but they would need to have the Adult Disney Dining Plan package purchased for them.

Nurse Kim
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
If your 10 year old is only going to eat off the child's menu I would consider paying OOP for him because it will be cheaper.