PDA

View Full Version : Movie Theme for new coaster.........

DisneyBunch
07-27-2008, 04:15 PM
What would be the best movie to use for a theme for a new roller coaster in Magic Kingdom (where 20,000 Leagues used to be)?:coaster::mickey:

disneymom2000
07-27-2008, 05:00 PM
I chose Alice because there is so much to work with on illusions and her fall into the magic. My second choice would be Monsters because you already get a feel for a coaster when they are riding the doors trying to get Boo home.

PharmD
07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
I chose Emperors New Groove because I think you could make an awesome coaster that would be headed to the secret lab. It could be similar to the Journey to Atlantis water coaster at SeaWorld. Its a roller coaster that ends like a flume ride. This would fit in perfectly with the ride to the secret lab from the movie.

Gator
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I voted for Bug's Life, but that's because it's my favorite Pixar flik :)It would be easy to do - just super size everything.

GrmGrninGost
07-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Emperor's New Groove! It's a ready made idea, straight from the movie! It would be great! :coaster:

EpcotNut
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Like many others - I think the "door scene" in Monsters Inc would make an amazing coaster.:thumbsup:

bruin1344
07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
they should make a ride out of national treasure movies

Toad
07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
From what I've heard, a Snow White/7 dwarfs mining rollercoaster is rumored for the MK sometime in 2011. However, I personally would like to see Disney bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and reconceptualize it as a rollercoaster whilst retaining Rolly Crump's original character designs.

GhostHost999
07-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Can I go off the board and suggest Night on Bald Mountain, or just Fantasia in general?

Yeah, I know Disney already has a bunch of mountains, but my thinking is, if we've got that many, why not one more? :mickey:

RAIDER
07-28-2008, 03:48 AM
I went for 101 Dalamations as it would be a good chase ride from Cruella :thumbsup:

playdead88
07-28-2008, 06:33 AM
i have to pick monsters inc. - that is one of my favorite movies ever!

Minnie Imagineer
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
They each have some great potential. I will tell you my ideas for each....

1) 101 Dalmations: in the live action version, Roger makes video games and one of the games has the dalmations in a mine-cart in a mine, and they are being chased by Cruella's henchmen in one level, a dog catcher the next level, and finally Cruella herself. They would be a cute coaster. I'm thinking more along the lines of Goofy's Barnstormer size.

2) Mulan: a dragon themed coaster, indoor, so you can see firecrackers and even some fireworks. The coaster will go up on the roof of that building in the end of the movie where the emporer is.

3) Alice: also a Barnstormer-like ride. Will have a giant caterpillar as the coaster vehicle, lots of cartoon looking flowers around.

4) Bugs Life: somewhat like my Alice coaster, things are very large around you...like huge flowers. The vehicle will have wings on the sides like you are flying.

5) Emporer's New Groove: a coaster just like in the movie, to get to the lab...better if it's an indoor coaster.

6) Monsters Ink: a coaster chase from Randil. Goes high, like where the doors are, and makes sharp turns whenever you see Randil. Also, better indoor.

Urbss
07-28-2008, 09:39 AM
That's funny, I just answered this in the other thread about what ride you would like to see.

I've always thought the door scene in Monsters Inc. would make a perfect Coaster ride with all the doors flying around and everything.

Mousemates
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Given the ride's fantasyland location and the classic animation theming of the location (snow white, Peter Pan, Pooh (which is classic, thou technically not Disney classic), etc. I don't think many of the options work well for the location. Especially since Alice already has a tea cups ride. (Thou a mine style...into the rabbit hole ride cold be fun). So, of the given options I'd probably say 101 Dalmations would have the best chance. If I were to venture out on my own, I might go with a Cinderella (rushing to get to home by midnight) theme.

Jodileigh
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I picked Alice b/c I just love that movie so much!! Since the whole movie is larger than life and weird, crazy stuff, they could make a fantastic ride out of it! My second choice would be Monsters Inc, too! Like so many others said, the riding the doors part would make a fantastic ride!

Jodi

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I've heard there is going to be a Monsters Inc. coaster ride themed around the door scene going up in DHS.

Therefore I went with Alice. I think there is a lot of stuff they could do with that. It would have to be a dark ride though.

BritCody
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I went with 101 Dalmatians. If it is going to be in the MK I'd prefer it to be a Disney Classic. I agree with others that a Monsters Inc Coaster would be great, but it can be great at DHS and not the MK

Mad About Mickey
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
An Indoor Alice coaster would be great, it could take off downwards with a corkscrew into the rabbit hole and then go black lite with scenes of the tea party, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, etc... Like a 21st century high speed version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, it could be very cool :mickey:.

CardCollector
07-29-2008, 01:53 AM
What about something to do with the movie Cars? It was a Pixar movie and they seem to be putting a lot of Pixar movie themed rides in at the parks.

Just a thought.

IamBelle
07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
E. N. G. Secret Lab Coaster!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 10:42 AM
E.N.G. would be great, but not right for MK.

WDWFREAK101
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I chose E.N.G having the "secret lab" ride in the movie go into the parks would be AWESOME!

I would actually like to see a rollercoaster that ISN'T on this list. How about an Indiana Jones coaster? A mine cart coaster from Temple Of Doom. Ever since I saw that movie in theatres, I always thought it could be a GREAT coaster. Disneyland has an Indy attraction, why can't we have one?

EditReject
07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Can I go off the board and suggest Night on Bald Mountain, or just Fantasia in general?

Yeah, I know Disney already has a bunch of mountains, but my thinking is, if we've got that many, why not one more? :mickey:

Here here! I think something Fantasia themed would be incredible as it is one of my fav all time Disney movies. The source material has lots of potential. However, I doubt Disney would open a new ride/exhibit based on a movie over 60 years old these days. You never know though. Song of the South was almost half a century old when Splash Mountain opened in 1992. If anyone can pull it off, the Imagineers can.

kemps@wdw
07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I thimk the "Incredible" coaster :coaster: would be fun! Something maybe based on the rail system that transported "Elastigirl" into the cave when she went on the island looking for Mr. Incredible? :idea:

jszczur5
07-30-2008, 06:12 PM
While we were still seated in the theatre after watching Monsters Inc., my husband said that (the suspended door scene) would make a fabulous Disney thrill ride, especially if they made it intense, unlike Peter Pan's Flight.

slegrant
07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Bring back Mr. Toad's wild ride as a coaster:mickey: But if not I think Alice in Wonderland would make a great coaster.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
While I think I've heard rumblings of a Monsters Inc. coaster (rumor or not, I don't know...I'm half asleep right now), I chose Alice in Wonderland. Goodness, the possibilities and colors would be AWESOME in an Alice coaster!

Chris :hatter:

DestinationWDW
07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Would love to something from a partly animated movie like Mary Poppins (?race through Bert's pictures) or Bedknobs and Broomsticks - the flying bed!

hibes
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I like the Monsters ride at Disneyland, but I think they could also create a cool ENG ride.

pdrlkr
07-30-2008, 11:30 PM
I think Monsters Inc. would be great! :thumbsup:

Wickster1970
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
I chose the Emperor's New Grove. I can see it now…a high pyramid where riders must first ascend to the top (via an escalator), board a linear induction coaster (like R.R.C.) and ride a thrilling, looping coaster that zooms both in and out of the pyramid before ending up in a subterranean secret lab. Once there they take an escalator to the surface and, of course, end up in a gift shop.:thumbsup:

mouselover93
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
like everybody else monster inc with the door scene

Mickey91
08-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Emporer's New Groove! The lab scene would make an awesome new coaster!

LoriMistress
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM
There's an Alice ride at DLR already, and that's truly a classic. There needs to be another adult/teen coaster that's intense. But I don't think it should be a Disney character/movie theme. It should be something original.

DraganFyre
08-04-2008, 06:30 AM
An Indoor Alice coaster would be great, it could take off downwards with a corkscrew into the rabbit hole and then go black lite with scenes of the tea party, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, etc... Like a 21st century high speed version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, it could be very cool :mickey:.

I think this is an awesome concept and is what made up my mind to choose Alice instead of Monsters. I think both would be great Ideas but if they do a teen/adult ride out of Alice like Mr Toad x100 that would not only be a classic Disney Film but also an homage to Disney himself. :cool: :mickey: :wave:

indytraveler
08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Monsters, Inc. everyone get on their bedroom/closet door and hang on.

dteed
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Monsters Inc

tinkerbellybutton
08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
I chose Monsters Inc. Just because I love Sulley!:blush:

Marker
08-04-2008, 02:53 PM
The day I first saw Monsters Inc. I thought the door conveyor chase was tailor made for a roller coaster.

kbean
08-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Alice in Wonderland.....there's so much they could do with that theme.

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
101 Dalmations! It would be a perfect introduction to a new villain land. Cruella is chasing u and u have to outrun her. It starts and ends like a dark ride but the middle is a roller coaster. plus they're already making a mosters inc. roller coaster

Miladymorgane
08-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I agree with the emperor's new groove ride. The second i saw that scene i turned to my sister and said that would make an awesome ride. I also feel that movie is overlooked and should deserve to get some recognition in the parks.

KAJUNKING
08-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I chose Alice because there is so much to work with on illusions and her fall into the magic.

:ditto: i feel the same way, you could really have fun with this type of themeing

LauraleeH
08-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Out of the choices, either 101 Dalmatians or Alice in Wonderland.

BUT if I had my own way, I'd choose Beauty and the Beast.
I would also re-do Cinderella's Carrousel and change it to a Mary Poppins theme.

SAnderson70769
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I voted for Bug's Life because I think you could really make the scenery and ride awesome - have the cars be ants like you are getting inside an ant and racing thru and looping around everything gigantic as if you were really an ant. Just my thoughts!

joonyer
09-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I voted for Alice, since I think it fits the theme of FantasyLand the best. But Monsters, Inc. would be cool, too.

Actually I'd like to see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride come back as a new coaster ride in that location (old 20K site)

wilshade
09-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Another vote for Alice because of thematic compatibility.

DisneyDoug2
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Another bote for Monsters, Inc!

LarryBoy
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM

I thought all of the big rides in the MK were supposed to be a "mountain". I thought it was planned that way. I too would pick Bald Mtn. and Fantasia as my top choice.