PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving week crowds

tman
07-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Our family usually go to WDW in the middle of October. This year, we may plan a trip for the week of Thanksgiving in Nov. Our concern is the level of attendance during the holidays. What are the crowds like this time of the year? Also, will it be decorated for Christmas and will the MVMCP be going on?

PiratesCove
07-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I took my Mother for her 75th Birthday to WDW the week before Thanksgiving of last year.

Here is what we experienced:

Higher than expected crowds, but manageable.

Weather in the mid 70's at the start of the week and by the Saturday before Thanksgiving it had dropped probably 10 to 15 degrees.

MVMCP had started the Monday ( I believe Nov 12th) we arrived and we attended the Nov 15th MVMCP and plan to go again the same week this year ( I kinda got my Mom stuck on WDW :secret:).

We stayed at POFQ and fell in love with it! We were in building 4 on the 2nd floor right next to Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court.

The lights on the castle were amazing and so were the fireworks(especially during MVMCP).

It's a great time to go, I had asked a CM at AK about the crowds and she said that WDW tries to keep the crowds up year around anymore by offering different activities and such. I said, that's bad for you because you'll never get a rest from us! HAHA! :thumbsup:

bigbabyblues
07-27-2008, 03:30 PM
We're going 11/20-30, it's our first trip at Thanksgiving. I've read that it gets more crowded each day of Thanksgiving week, with the worst being Friday & Saturday after.

What are your dates? MVMCP is 11/20 & 11/21, and then no more until after Thanksgiving, I think 11/30 there is one.

LandFan
07-27-2008, 05:12 PM
We went during Thanksgiving last year and stayed the week after Thanksgiving. I would definitely Arrive as late as possible Thanksgiving week and stay as long as possible into the following week! The crowds were up, but manageable the Friday and Saturday after T-day but then they dropped WAY off the following week and it was great! Totally worth it! All of the decorations were up and we went to MVMCP.

We have now decided that that is the best time of year for us and we are going the same time this year (see my signature for dates).

It's also not so hot:D

mouseketeer mom
07-27-2008, 08:20 PM
This past Thanksgiving we went from the Wednesday before until the Saturday after. The crowds were manageable in the beginning of our trip, then increased as the week went on. In the eves it was shouldor to shouldor people on Main Street USA. You couldn't even walk. We did most of our touring in the beginning of Thanksgiving week, and did lots more resort time nearer Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving day.

Iluvpooh
07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the replies-I had the same question-My Mom has decided to do a family trip the day after Thanksgiving (Friday-Wednesday) So I am also wondering how busy it will be. This is my DS and Nephew's 1st trip and I don't want to scare them with large crowds.

Harkleroad
07-29-2008, 12:32 AM
We are also planning a trip arriving the Wed. before Thanksgiving and leaving the Sun. after. It is a short trip for us (DH and 2 1/2 yr old DS). Are all the parks really crowed or mainly the MK? We enjoy all of them but like to go to the least crowed possible with our 2 yr old. Thanks for your help.

Disney fans..
07-29-2008, 12:21 PM
We go every other year for the week of Thanksgiving..and it is wonderful. The last time we were there in 06 the crowds were really heavy but I am hoping this year will not be that bad. Also I don't know about last year but in 06 it was absolutley freezing..our bus driver said it was the coldest it had been in the 17 years that he worked there.

faline
07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
We are also planning a trip arriving the Wed. before Thanksgiving and leaving the Sun. after. ....Are all the parks really crowed or mainly the MK?

During that time frame, all the parks are likely to be quite busy. Epcot generally handles the crowds the best during busy times.