PDA

View Full Version : Poly Volcano Pool Planning

Keneva
07-26-2008, 03:23 PM
We have a DD7 and a DS3 and we will be spending a lot of time at the pool. Are there play toys allowed in the volcano pool (noodles, kick boards, balls & other small play toys)? If so, are there any available there for the kids to use or should we plan on packing all of that stuff for our own use? kids?:diver::snorkel::surfing::swim::swim:

Beast_fanatic
07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
When we stayed there a couple years ago, I don't recall seeing anyone with any toys such as you describe. I'm not sure if they were restricted from bringing them or if no one thought of them. I do know they did not provide them, and I'm pretty sure that anything that would block the view of the lifeguard is not allowed (such as a float).

BelleCiavo
07-27-2008, 06:54 PM
It's not a huge pool, I don't think a ball would be a good choice. I've stayed there 3x and have never seen any of those things, but like Rhonda I don't know for sure. Most kids spend the day coming down the slide or standing under the waterfall. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-27-2008, 07:18 PM
1) The guards usually allow "water wings" for kids' arms.
2) Beyond that, no
. . . toys
. . . floats
. . . noodles
. . . etc
3) If everyone brought some, you couldn't swim.
4) Besides, it obstructs the guards view of swimmers.
5) This creates a bigger problem.

NOTE: As a adult swimming in a pool, I sure wouldn't like to dodge all sorts of toys and floats. It is a matter of safety and courtesy.

sleepingbooty
07-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I wonder if that's just due to the size of the pool? I do remember pool toys at the Coronado last summer. In fact, they had noodles for sale outside the pool bar.

Maleficent's Dad
07-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Not sure if this helps, but I know that they allow noodles at BW, OKW and SSR. In fact, at the Community Halls, DVC members can "rent" these for free.

I don't know the policy at all the pools, but if Disney was consistent throughout, I don't see why noodles wouldn't be permitted.

Disney Maniac
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I just got back from the Poly saturday and swam in the pool many times. They did let people bring in beach balls, those squishy ball things, noodles, and small floats for babies and toddlers. I did not see any big floats though. They also do bring out beach balls every once and a while. Even if you can't bring a bunch of toys in the pool there is always games going on right next to it. There was a water balloon one that was very fun!! Good Luck!!:mickey:

Catzle
07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
They do sell the squissy water toys and goggles in the gift shop at the Poly. Kids were throwing those around and using their goggles.

tikiman
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
You can bring toys in but nothing too big. They sometimes have a basket ball there for the hoop that is poolside and a few times we were there and they had pool games where they brought out pool noodles for people to use so I am sure they would let you bring your own in. Not sure I would want to have to pack pool noodles though.

disneymajik
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
The lifeguards do bring out noodles and the basketball hoop. They also play a cool game with the kids where they sent little plastic ducks down the waterslide. My DD's also love the zero entry as it's like a beach and not the normal 4 ft drop.

Ropachs
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I've seen water wings, noodles, goggles, balls - and at the CBR a lot of the buckets that the kids got their kids meals in.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Would a float be allowed at POR quiet pool, as there is not a lifeguard there to have their view blocked?