PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars-Season 7

Minnie Imagineer
07-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I did not watch Good Morning America on friday the 25th, but they said they would announce the new line up of celebs on DWTS. But, I cannot find the list anywhere online. Does anyone know who will be on?

thanks!

J9
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
They haven't announced it yet. It's going to be some time in August.

I know Kim Kardashian (why is she famous?!?!) and Lance Bass are rumored to be in the new cast though.

ChipnDaleGal
07-27-2008, 10:21 AM
After watching the amazing and mind boggling dance talent of the kids on "So You Think You Can Dance?"this summer, I don't think I can go back to Dancing with The Stars. Those kids give me goosebumps!!

princessjojo
07-27-2008, 10:32 AM
I know Kim Kardashian (why is she famous?!?!)
I don't know what she's done or why she's famous, but her father was one of OJ Simpson's attorneys during his murder trial. She and her sisters have that reality show "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" that is suppose to be something big. I've never watched it, but they live, I think in Vegas.??

murphy1
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Her sister just got a DUI too, very sad. They have a show on one of the entertainment channels (I don't watch it) and their step-dad is Bruce Jenner, who was in the Olympics. I'm sure they will have will have someone that just comes on the show and makes it to the finals b/c of their unfair advantage. I would love to see one of the Jonas Brothers on there, they are so cute and funny.

J9
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh, I know who she is...

I just think she's one of those people who is famous for nothing. Well, actually she's famous for having a step brother on The Hills (or Laguna Beach...one of those stupid shows) and for having a certain...videotape...

I just can't stand her or her family. Let me be famous instead...at least I deserve it! LOL

But in all honesty, I hope they have a good season picked out for DWTS. Last year by this time, most of the cast had already leaked. They're doing a much better time keeping it under wraps this time around!

DisneyFreak23
07-28-2008, 11:32 AM
I would love to see one of the Jonas Brothers on there, they are so cute and funny.

AHHH!!! me too!!!!!

But there is a very low likelyhood that this would happen because of their super busy schedule. They themselves have already hinted about a Fall and Winter tour for their band. And as it is, they are on their summer tour right now. So although this would be, like, the most awesomest thing in the history of TV, it most likely will not happen:(

Minnie Imagineer
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
AHHH!!! me too!!!!!

But there is a very low likelyhood that this would happen because of their super busy schedule. They themselves have already hinted about a Fall and Winter tour for their band. And as it is, they are on their summer tour right now. So although this would be, like, the most awesomest thing in the history of TV, it most likely will not happen:(

1,000,000,000% agree!!!!! LOVE THEM (especially Joe...) :cloud9:

Every year DWTS tries to get someone 'disney' to be on the show (Billy Ray Cyrus, Sabrina Bryan, Monique Coleman, etc). Maybe they will get someone from Camp Rock?!?

As for Kim Kardashian, to make a 'long' story short....her dad was OJ's lawyer, has 4 kids with Kris. He died. Kris met Bruce Jenner, olympics, had 2 kids. Bruce has kids from other relationship(s) including Broddy from the Hills. Kim was a 'closet organizer' for friend, Paris Hilton. Was seen with her everywhere, Kim became famous. Paris and Kim has a feud or something, so no more friendship. Kim made her homemovie..now the Kardashians have 2 clothing stores and a reality tv show on E!
ps. no I'm not a fan of Kim or the rest of the gang, I just saw their E! True Hollywood Story!

OMG, if the JoBros go on a fall/tour (of course I have to go) my mom is gonna KILL me!!! haha. She is already upset that I have seen them "so many times"

Melanie
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
ps. no I'm not a fan of Kim or the rest of the gang, I just saw their E! True Hollywood Story!

I find it very sad that she (or they) even has a True Hollywood Story, and will be greatly disappointed with ABC if someone like her ends up on the show. A 'star' she is not, IMO.

Minnie Imagineer
07-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I find it very sad that she (or they) even has a True Hollywood Story, and will be greatly disappointed with ABC if someone like her ends up on the show. A 'star' she is not, IMO.

haha, I know. I find it even sadder that I watched it....

Jenemmy
07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Just saw a commercial a little while ago saying that they would announce the line up on GMA on AUGUST 25. So, we still have a bit of a wait. It will probably start leaking out here and there before then, though!

I have fun watching the show -- looking forward to the next season. I'm also wondering which pros are returning and if Maks will be back:secret:

Minnie Imagineer
07-29-2008, 07:09 AM
I have fun watching the show -- looking forward to the next season. I'm also wondering which pros are returning and if Maks will be back:secret:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Ashly DelGrosso have confirmed they are doing the show! I love Maks! Another website reported that Karina will be back. So people are saying Julianne might not dance this season because of her country album...:rolleyes:

and it said august 25th??! we have to wait so long I thought it was july!

Melanie
07-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Ashly DelGrosso have confirmed they are doing the show!

Excellent news! I really like them both. It was strange last season without Maks.

Jenemmy
07-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Ashly DelGrosso have confirmed they are doing the show! I love Maks! Another website reported that Karina will be back. So people are saying Julianne might not dance this season because of her country album...:rolleyes:

and it said august 25th??! we have to wait so long I thought it was july!

That's what I thought, too, when I saw the commercial -- why tell us NOW and make us wait a month!! I was actually at the gym with my headphones on when I saw the commercial and I think I said "WHAT!?!!?" out loud... LOL

By the way -- 2 points for you for actually spelling Maks' last name!!! :mickey:

murphy1
07-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Juliannne has to come back, love her!!

pixiesmimi
07-29-2008, 10:49 AM
As for Kim Kardashian, to make a 'long' story short....her dad was OJ's lawyer, has 4 kids with Kris. He died. Kris met Bruce Jenner, olympics, had 2 kids. Bruce has kids from other relationship(s) including Broddy from the Hills. Kim was a 'closet organizer' for friend, Paris Hilton. Was seen with her everywhere, Kim became famous. Paris and Kim has a feud or something, so no more friendship. Kim made her homemovie..now the Kardashians have 2 clothing stores and a reality tv show on E!

I saw Bruce Jenner's family on Family Feud (I think?) and they had the name of the family The Kardashians, instead of The Jenners, which confused me. I couldn't figure that one out. Then he introduced them all and I kept asking who are the Kardashians? I'm glad you cleared this up. I guess I am behind times about them. That was just weird. (By the way, does anyone besides me think Bruce has had too many nose jobs?)

Minnie Imagineer
08-25-2008, 08:47 AM
the season 7 cast officialy announced by host Tom is.....

Lance Bass- N*sync
Rocco Dispirito- chef
Misty May-Treanor - Olympic Vollyball player (paired with Maks!)
Maurice Greene- Olympic Track star
Toni Braxton- Grammy winner
Kim Kardashian- tv..i guess
Cody Linley- TV (Hannah Montana!) (paired with Julianne)
Cloris Leachman- actress
Ted McGinley- actor
Brooke Burke- host/model
Jeffrey Ross- comedian (paired with Edyta)
Warren Sapp- Superbowl Champ (paired with Kim Johnson)
Susa Lucci- TV (1st season to have a 13th contestant)

Melanie
08-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Immediate favorite is Misty May. I'm still in that Olympic state of mind. I'm seeing on some sites that Maks is paired with Kim Kardasian:ack::ack::ack:, not Misty. I sure hope that's not true!

Lance Bass. :ack: What's with the NSYNCers? And it was heavily rumored that Mark McGrath was going to be on. Wish he was.

Melanie
08-25-2008, 09:20 AM
From ABC.com:

IN A SEASON OF SURPRISES, THIRTEEN NEW STARS WILL SHINE AS DANCING WITH THE STARS RETURNS FOR ITS SEVENTH SEASON

The Three-Night Premiere Event Begins Monday, September 22

It will be a season of surprises in what promises to be the biggest and most demanding season ever as thirteen celebrities take the ballroom floor on the hit series Dancing with the Stars, which returns with a three-night premiere event, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Each week, all new surprises and twists await viewers. Season seven marks the largest cast assembled to date, the oldest and youngest competitors ever, and includes two Olympic Gold medalists, a Grammy®-winning singer, a television legend, an Oscar® winner, and a Super Bowl champion. Additionally, all four professional dancers who've previously tasted the thrill of victory return to compete against one another for bragging rights. Can one of them reclaim the mirror ball trophy?

For the first time ever, all thirteen teams must prepare two routines for the first week of competition, one of which they'll perform on Monday night. The judges will score the performances on Monday while the viewers cast their votes for their favorites. Only twelve will have the chance to showcase their second dance on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 (9:00-10:0 p.m., ET). In dramatic style on Tuesday's show, one couple will be eliminated as the remaining contestants perform their second dance of the season. The judges will score the dances on Tuesday and the viewers will once again cast their votes before a second duo is dismissed WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

As announced today on Good Morning America, in alphabetical order, the thirteen stars making their ballroom dancing debut are:

LANCE BASS - Lance Bass has sold over 50 million records as a member of the phenomenally successful pop group *NSYNC. He also executive produced and starred in a number of film and television projects. In 2002 he successfully trained to be a cosmonaut at Russia's Star City and was certified by both the Russian Space Program and NASA for a mission aboard a Soyuz capsule. Lance has also released his memoir, Out of Sync, for Simon Spotlight Entertainment. The 2006 U.S. Youth Latin Champ and 2007 World Swing Dance Champ Lacey Schwimmer teams up with Lance to make her series debut.

TONI BRAXTON - The winner of six Grammy Awards, Toni Braxton is a Billboard chart-topping singer and actress, selling over forty million records worldwide. Her U.S. number-one hit Un-Break My Heart is the second biggest single by a female artist in history. She has also appeared in two Disney Broadway shows: Beauty and the Beast and Aida. Dancing with the Stars marks her return to the spotlight after a six-month health hiatus. She teams up with season one champion, Alec Mazo, who returns for his fourth season.

BROOKE BURKE - A host, actress, entrepreneur and celebrity mom, Brooke Burke has truly done it all. She has graced numerous magazine covers, has her own top-selling swimsuit calendars, and is regularly ranked in men's magazines as one of the sexiest women in the world. Recognized worldwide as host of the hit travel series Wild On!, Brooke has since hosted several high profile network series, including Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova. On the acting front, she has guest-starred on such television series as Las Vegas, Less Than Perfect, Eve, It's All Relative, The Bernie Mac Show, Monk, Rock Me Baby and That's Life. Brooke is a mother of four and recently launched her own babystore BabooshBaby.com, a site where she shares her secrets (and some products she used) to get back in shape after giving birth. Brooke teams with Derek Hough who returns for his third season.

ROCCO DISPIRITO - The James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef and author Rocco DiSpirito combines his world-class cooking with a passion for empowering home cooks. A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Rocco opened the 3-star Union Pacific in New York City in 1997. In 2003 he launched Rocco's for the reality series, The Restaurant. Rocco will next appear on the A&E series, Rocco Gets Real, beginning in October, along with its companion cookbook, Rocco Gets Real: Cook at Home Every Day. He teams with Karina Smirnoff who returns for her fifth season. Karina teamed with R&B singer, Mario, last season.

MAURICE GREENE - The winner of two gold medals, in the 100m sprint and the 4x100m relay at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics, track star Maurice Greene was dubbed the "World's Fastest Man" during his career. In addition to being the former world record holder in the 100m sprint, and winning multiple world championships, he also won silver and bronze medals at the 2004 Athens Summer Olympics. He is the current Indoor World Record holder in the 60m at 6.39 seconds. He teams up with two-time champion, Cheryl Burke. Cheryl returns for her sixth season.

KIM KARDASHIAN - Actress, model and reality television star, Kim Kardashian shot to stardom after the first airing of her hit E! reality series, Keeping up with the Kardashians. The series follows the exploits of Kim, her siblings, her mother Kris, and her stepfather, Olympic Gold Medalist Bruce Jenner. Kardashian recently completed her first feature film, Disaster Movie and will also be seen on The N's series Beyond the Break. She teams up with defending champ, Mark Ballas, who returns for his third season.

CLORIS LEACHMAN - Actress Cloris Leachman's storied career has been recognized with nine Emmys®, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award®. She has the distinction of being the only woman to win eight Primetime Emmy® Awards and one Daytime Emmy®. Leachman has starred in a wide range of theater, television and motion picture projects, creating such indelible characters as Phyllis in the TV series Phyllis and The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein, Nurse Diesel in High Anxiety, and Ruth Popper in The Last Picture Show (for which she won an Oscar® and a BAFTA). In 2008 she has already completed three new films; The Women, American Cowslip and New York I Love You. She is in the process of writing her memoir and is currently touring the U.S. with her one-woman show CLORIS! Cloris teams with World Latin Champion and Mark's father, Corky Ballas, who makes his series debut.

CODY LINLEY - Cody Linley will be the youngest contestant ever to compete on Dancing with the Stars. He is best known for his role as Jake Ryan on the wildly popular Disney Channel series Hannah Montana, a role in which he was nominated for a Young Artist Award. He also helped the show garner an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Children's Programming. Cody's film credits include My Dog Skip, HOOT, Miss Congeniality, and Cheaper By the Dozen. He teams with two-time Dancing with the Stars champ, Julianne Hough who returns for her fourth season.

SUSAN LUCCI - As the most famous face in daytime television history, Lucci has held audiences spellbound for years as the sexy, sassy, beautiful woman you love to hate, Erica Kane on All My Children. In May 1999, all of America stood and cheered when Susan Lucci won the Emmy® Award for Best Actress. While competing on the show, she will continue her work on All My Children, and celebrate her 10,000th episode this November. In addition to her performances on Broadway and in cabarets across the country, Susan is an entrepreneur, having launched successful cosmetic, fashion, and jewelry lines on HSN. She teams with Tony Dovolani who returns for his sixth season.

Melanie
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM
continued.....

MISTY MAY-TREANOR - Beach Volleyball champion Misty May-Treanor and partner Kerri Walsh captured their second Olympic gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics and became the first team ever to repeat as back-to-back champs. The victory also marked their 108th straight match win. Misty and Kerri were distinguished as AVP Team of the Year for four consecutive years (2003 through 2006). Misty was also named Most Valuable Player in 2005 and 2006, Best Offensive Player in 2004, 2005 and 2006, and Best Defensive Player in 2006. She now joins a new teammate, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his fifth season.

TED MCGINLEY - Actor Ted McGinley's extensive television credits include Married&with Children, Hope & Faith, Happy Days, recurring roles on the critically-acclaimed series The West Wing, Sports Night, Charlie Lawrence, Dynasty, and The Love Boat. He has also starred in such films as Pearl Harbor, Daybreak, Dick, Major League: Back to the Minors, Wayne's World 2, and the cult hit Revenge of the Nerds. Newcomer Inna Brayer will be paired with Ted. Inna is the current US Amateur 10 Dance Champion.

JEFFREY ROSS - Comedian Jeffrey Ross a.k.a. the "Roastmaster General," has delivered numerous show stopping performances at celebrity roasts honoring the likes of William Shatner, Hugh Hefner, Donald Trump, Pamela Anderson, Bob Saget and Emmitt Smith, inspiring New York Magazine to crown him The Meanest Man in Comedy. As a comic, Jeff has appeared on several late night and morning shows Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and The View. Jeff's other TV credits include Weeds and C.S.I. He has also appeared in such films as the Farrelley Brothers' Stuck on You, and the critical sensation, The Aristocrats. Jeff continues to tour regularly. He teams with Edyta Sliwinska, who is the only pro to compete in all seven seasons of Dancing with the Stars.

WARREN SAPP - Recently retired defensive tackle and Superbowl Champion Warren Sapp played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders during his 13 year career. His 96.5 career sacks are the second-highest career total sacks for a defensive tackle in the NFL. Warren was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1999, played in seven consecutive Pro Bowls and won Super Bowl XXXVII with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003. This Fall, Warren will co-host Showtime's Inside the NFL and will be a studio analyst and game commentator for the NFL Network. He is teamed with Kym Johnson who returns for her fifth season.

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday and Tuesday night during and up to 30 minutes after the Dancing with the Stars performance shows. AT&T subscribers may also text message their votes by texting the word "VOTE" and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (standard text message rates apply). Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast and until 12:00 Noon, ET the following day.

Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show will feature the return of Macy's Stars of Dance, featuring some of the most renowned dancers and choreographers of our time, including an extra spectacular performance on October 21st to commemorate the Macy's 150th anniversary. The Kids Ballroom Dance Competition, a fan favorite, also returns.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Home Videos) and Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. This version is produced in America by BBC Productions. Conrad Green serves as executive producer and Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are co-executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. Dancing with the Stars is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP.

Melanie
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
So thank goodness Maks is with Misty. They are definitely my favorites at this point.

Can I just say I think Mark Ballas' DAD being on is a little strange? And I'll miss Anna and Jonathan, as well as the guy who was with Marlee last season (drawing a blank on his name). It's becoming more and more about the dancers for me. :blush:

Minnie Imagineer
08-25-2008, 09:40 AM
that is SO akward that Mark's dad is on! Its like family rivarly??? I was ok with sibling rivarly (Julianne & Derek) but this is wierd. Did they put him on becasue Cloris is old??
I like Maks being with Misty! Both so competitive!
Lance is with Lacey who was a contestant on 'So You Think You Can Dance'. She was really good, her brother won that show a few seasons before.
I can't see Kim and Mark being paired together either. I've met him and he is tiny...just a few inched taller than me.
Cody and Julianne should be a good pair because they look like brother and sister! Finally Julianne will be the 'old one' of the couple!
I feel bad for Edyta who is with Jeffrey Ross. I don't know what he is like but Tom was saying how he speaks his mind a lot...meaning he will be distracted and not focused.

And can I just say that I am SO excited for the 3 night preimere!!!! On wen, sept 24th the Jonas Brothers will be performing!!!! (oh, and um Jesse McCartney too...)

murphy1
08-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I forgot about this this morning, thanks for posting. Warren Sapp is already my favorite, he's one of my Buccaneers! I like Brooke, she is so cute doesn't look like she has had four kids. Susan Lucci is going to be a heavy favorite, I like her, too. My girls like Cody LInley of course, they will be happy he's on. Chloris Leachman will be interesting. I have good wishes for Edyta, it would be great to see her win. Jonathan always adds a lot of class to this show, I'll miss him, too.

Thanks for the heads up on JB, my girls will especially love that!

TheDuckRocks
08-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Wow, Cloris Leachman, if I'm not mistaken she's in her 70s!!! That I think will make her the oldest contestant ever.
And Susan Lucci, who still looks amazing, is not by any means young.
Can't wait to see Rocco and Karina together, it will be interesting to see which one can be the meanest.:thedolls:

TheDuckRocks
08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Holy Cow!!! I just went over to imdb dot com and they have Cloris Leachman's birthday as April in 1926!!! That makes her 82, if they're right. You go girl!:thumbsup:
And they have Susan Lucci as 62.
This sure does make me feel better about having my 65th birthday next Monday. There just might still be a lot of life left in this old girl yet.

ChipnDaleGal
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
I just love Cloris Leachman! I have to root for her just on spunk factor alone. :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I can't imagine Misty May having time to practice for this after just getting back from China. Wow! And Cloris! You go girl! I can't wait to see what Susan does. I love her!

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Can I just say I think Mark Ballas' DAD being on is a little strange? I agree, Mel. Maybe they wanted someone closer in age to Cloris Leachman?

I was also surprised to see that Lacey Schwimmer is going to be dancing on the show. She should be an interesting addition.

I don't know who to cheer for, coming out of the chute here. Maybe Susan Lucci (I've always liked her) and Misty too. I wonder if Toni Braxton will be up for the challenge physically, as I know she's had high blood pressure and some heart problems recently.

murphy1
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Beth, I heard that about Toni, I hope she's okay. One of her kids has autism, too. She used to live in one of the Richy neighborhoods near us.

sgdisney
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
What did everyone think about opening night? I though Cloris Leachman was a hoot, she deserves to stay for a few weeks just for the shear fun of it. My picks for the best dancers so far were Brooke Burke, Lance Bass, and Toni Braxton. I was disappointed in Susan Lucci, I love her but she was really stiff. Hopefully she will relax and do better. Should be an interesting season.

But one of the best parts of the whole show was the Disney commercials. So cute!

valjane
09-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I watched last night. Interesting group of people. I am not a huge fan of any of them, but I think I'm pulling for Lance Bass. He wasn't a great dancer back in the N'Sync days, but I think he and Lacey had the best dance last night by far! Loved it!

I could do without Cloris Leachman. She was inappropriate and I was actually sort of embarrassed for her. Was she drunk!?

Nut4DW
09-23-2008, 12:48 PM
It was definately an interesting group to watch last night. Susan is my favorite when you take the dancing out of the equation - been watching her on AMC forever. However, she was indeed stiff last night - I voted for her anyway though. Hopefully she will relax and show her stuff. I was suprised at how well Misty did - loved her!! I can't wait to see how it all plays out over the next several weeks.

Stich8818
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I agree that this should be an interesting season. The one that surprised me the most was Warren Sapp..I mean he was not at week 6 dancing skills but for a big man he was moving quite well. Cloris was just a train wreck I couldnt watch..but yet could not turn away. Lance,Misty and Brooke I thought was the best. I like Tom's point that the judges would praise someone then hit them with a low score.

coloradowendyl
09-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I think that the low scores may be a result of the last season when they started handing out high scores the very first week and caught some criticism.

Kudos to Cloris Leachman for trying, but she really doesn't belong on the show IMHO...her "funny" will wear off soon...and I wasn't impressed with the way she took her scores...even Adam Corolla last year was slightly less rude (just slightly lol!)

I was disappointed in Maurice Green. I would have thought he would have been better than he was, hopefullly he improves.

As for Kim K....one word comes to mind Vapid...she just was there in body...no mind, no soul. And Susan Lucci was Erica Kane channelling Susan Lucci channelling Erica Kane playing it safe.

It was hard to tell about Rocco...I think they were just trying to get through the dance due to karina's injury and the true potential didn't come through.

I think Toni, Misty, Warren, and Brooke are the ones to watch! Toni was really breathing heavily last night....hopefully her heart condition does not knock her out of the competetion early.

Definitely a most interesting group this time!
Wendy

KarenP
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I was impressed with Warren. He was so light on his feet. I totally did not expect it.

I also liked Lance, Misty and Brooke.

I did not like Cloris. She was very brash. I also did not like Susan Lucci. She looked as if she were acting the entire time.

I don't know if anyone else agrees but I must say, Maks sure was looking fine!

coloradowendyl
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Yup....would not hurt my feelings if Maks was sitting under my Christmas tree on Christmas Morning! I think it is his "bad boy " smile lol

Wendy

RedSoxFan
09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't know if anyone else agrees but I must say, Maks sure was looking fine!

I agree --- Maks was looking fine.

I thought he and Misty were good too as well as Toni and Brooke. It's an interesting cast.

Minnie Imagineer
09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Lance Bass- I liked him, he has potential. Plus I love Lacey, she is so different

Toni Braxton- surpised me! I loved her! I think she could be one of those people thats good at ballroom and latin!

Brooke Burke- I knew she would be great, I hope she makes it to the finals

Rocco- I liked him! nothing bad to say...

Maurice- very surprising, he was like a teddy bear. And very light on his feet (obviously!)

Kim- decent...she isn't showing any of her personality yet. Hopefully she will get more comfortable

Cloris- I couldn't stand her! First- she couldn't dance which didn't bother me but secondly- she was so rude! shes been an actress for 100 years, shouldnt she have the decency to not drag her apperance on! how trashy

Cody- I love him!! i thought he was good and underscored. I feel like as the night went on, they were more generous with scores (and he was the 1st one on)

Susan- horrible! but she has a big fan base so she will be on for a while

Misty- not too impressed, but I like Maks!

Ted- he's sweet and he was decent. But I don't think he'll get far

Jeffrey- he was bad..I have a feeling he will go tonight or tomorrow

Warren- wasn't too bad! I'd like to see him inprove

can't wait till wed. night- Jonas Brothers are performing!!!! :cloud9:

Minnie Imagineer
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
oh and weren't those wdw commercials awesome!?!
:mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
I thought most of them except Jeffery?, the comedian, were okay last night. Lance and the guy from Hannah Montana were good. I was really surprised at how stiff Susan was. I have watched her all my life on AMC and thought she would be much better than that. I guess she just isn't a dancer but as much as she is on TV, I wouldn't have thought she would look so scared or stiff. I hope she loosens up. I thought it was funny that they told her she needed to gain weight. :) I don't know why they even have Cloris on the show. She can't dance and doesn't even appear to try and doesn't belong on there. I think either she or the comedian will go first. Brooke is really good. Man! She doesn't look like she has all those children! She looks great!

Carol
09-24-2008, 06:41 AM
HUGE Rocco fan. I hope he does well on the show.

As much as I adore Edyta, I cannot stand Jeffrey Ross. I'm glad he didn't last long. :ack:

coloradowendyl
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Cloris has to go...last night made Monday night look good!

And...am I the only one who thought Samantha Harris looked like she has an eating disorder last night? There is skinny and then there is WAY too skinny! I kept waiting for that dress to just slide off! Not her most flattering look!

Wendy

Jenemmy
09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Almost 20 years ago, my hubby, who I was dating at the time, had a run in with Cloris Leachman. His greatest offense....he didn't know who she was and had never heard of her. WHOOOOO -- she probably did NOT like that.

She was in town doing a play and came in to the theater where he was a manager at the time, demanding a free movie. He thought she was just some crazy woman and offered her a senior citizen discount. Oh man, I bet she STILL talks about him with clenched fists!

I just remember him calling me during his break and saying "have you ever heard of someone named Cloris Leachman?" When I told him I had, there was a long silence and then a "Oh crud" LOL. The entire exchange between them is truly funny, but I can't do it the justice that he does. Maybe if she ever hosts SNL, that can be one of the skits!

KarenP
09-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Cloris is so obnoxious. It is unbearable to watch, not to mention her antics take up too much time, imo.

I thought Cody was good last night I also liked Lance, Brooke and Misty. I wish they would let us vote for who we want booted instead of our favorite. That would be so much easier.

MNNHFLTX
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I ended up recording Monday's show and watching it last night and then fast-forwarding through last night's show to see who was voted off. I thought it was a very appropriate choice, BTW, although I felt so bad for Edyta. By the look on her face during rehearsals I think she knew her number was going to be up very quickly, partnered with Jeffrey Ross.

As far as favorites, I like Brooke (she was great!), Lance, Cody, Toni and Warren. Misty was okay too, although I don't think I liked her as much as everyone did. The judges said it best that it felt like she powered her way through the performance and that it was somewhat lacking in flair.

As far as Cloris, I do agree that she is limited in her dancing abilities, but I thought she was a hoot to watch with the judges. From what I have heard she has always been pretty outrageous onstage and off, so her behavior was not surprising.

I also admit that I was most disappointed in Susan Lucci. She usually has so much style and drama in her acting that I guess I was expecting more. :/

coloradowendyl
09-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I feel sorry for Mark as well. Last season he won and had a great partner. This year, he got teamed up with someone with the personality of a tree stump! Hopefully, Kim will come out of her shell a bit or they will be off the show very quickly.

And I agree with Karen, I would much rather vote for the couple that should leave rather than favorites. Someone like Susan Lucci with a huge fan base stays around longer than they should rather than a lesser known person who may be a better dancer.

Wendy

RedSoxFan
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I do hope Cloris goes home tonight. She was funny on Monday; but last night she was just being rude. Not funny the second time. I did not care for Susan or Kim. I liked Rocco and Brooke.

RedSoxFan
09-24-2008, 05:00 PM
And...am I the only one who thought Samantha Harris looked like she has an eating disorder last night? There is skinny and then there is WAY too skinny! I kept waiting for that dress to just slide off! Not her most flattering look!

Wendy

I agree --- I thought she was exceptionally thin. The dress did nothing for her.

pixiesmimi
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I am about to blow a gasket! :mad: How could the voters possibly keep Cloris over Ted? That just makes no sense. At least he started getting better with his dancing. Hers was just embarrassing and couldn't ever be called dancing! Not happy! :mad:

RedSoxFan
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree. Cloris should have been the one to leave and not Ted. I also think Susan and Kim should be gone before Ted.

MNNHFLTX
09-24-2008, 09:40 PM

I don't think that Samantha is necessarily too thin, but her dresses are definitely running on the larger side. Someone needs to take a look at how she appears on camera and take her gowns in a bit.

coloradowendyl
09-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Last night was just plain sad! Ted should not have been voted off...granted, he is not the best of the dancers, but at least he was trying!

Cloris...needs to go...I honestly do not want to watch her next week and will probably fast forward through her dance. All I can think of is how on earth will she be able to do a fast dance such as the Jive?

wendy

Minnie Imagineer
09-25-2008, 07:40 PM
who is voting for cloris??? Its not like she is a living legend and gets votes for being old like wayne newton...at least he is a living legend.

ps. the Jonas Brothers were so good last night!! :number1:

MNNHFLTX
09-26-2008, 01:58 PM
who is voting for cloris??? Its not like she is a living legend and gets votes for being old like wayne newton...at least he is a living legend. While she is not a favorite actress of mine, I do have to differ with you on this point. She has starred on stage, screen and televion and won Golden Globes, Emmies and even an Oscar, so I do think she qualifies as living legend. :)

pixiesmimi
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Okay, 'Fess up! Who is voting for Cloris, for Pete's sake? :sadwave: I can't believe she made it through another week! What are they thinking? :scratch:

RedSoxFan
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Well, I'm not surprised to see Kim go; but I thought for sure Cloris would go before her. Maybe next week.

coloradowendyl
10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Cloris definitely needs to go before Jive week...I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like lol!

Kim needed to go...she and Mark had zero chemistry and when they danced, he might as well have been dancing with a broom, she was so stiff.

Personally I hope Rocco can loosen up...he won't make it until the end, but it would be nice to see him go further.

Wendy

Minnie Imagineer
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
why did kim have to go before cloris???? I didn't like kim- but before cloris! Who is voting for her!!!! And what was cloris doing at the end when they split the screen to kim and her...she was pretending to have a seizure?? Get her off the show please!

And by the way, I think they are underscoring Cody! His rumba was great and they gave him all 7s for a 21! I think he deserved 8s.

Stich8818
10-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I really would like to see Lance win this..but I feel him trying to be so non-traditional is going to hurt him...Warren and Brooke I thought did really well. Its funny that the cream is starting to rise to the top and the others are getting weeded out already. I feel a good season so far..

justice11
10-01-2008, 11:07 AM
i liked it when that lachey boy hosted instead of that girl, i do not even know who she is. it is kind of sad to see the way clois acts. who is kim, all i know about her is her dad was one of oj's lawyers, is she a movie star? i am for rocco.:number1:

Jenemmy
10-01-2008, 11:32 AM
And by the way, I think they are underscoring Cody! His rumba was great and they gave him all 7s for a 21! I think he deserved 8s.

He has been a big surprise to me! I don't think I was expecting much out of him, but I think he and Julianne are adorable and really good to boot! I also think all his interview packages are so funny. Cute guy!

KarenP
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Kim was bad but she was a heck of a lot better than Cloris and certainly did not deserve to go last night.

Lance was my fave. I loved his and Lacey's dance! I also still like Misty, Cody, Brooke and Warren.

I agree they are underscoring Cody.

I also don't think I will ever root for anyone who is partnered with Karina because I cannot stand her.

Cheryl does appear to have put on quite a few pounds.

pixiesmimi
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Cheryl does appear to have put on quite a few pounds.

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't remember whether she looked like that last season or not.

Chrisx2
10-06-2008, 05:54 PM
I just read that Misty May-Treanor injured her Achilles tendon and is out of the competition! NO!!!! I really liked her and Maks. What a shame.

DisneyMomma23
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
i heard a rumor that they might bring Kim back since Misty is out. i really hope not, i hope they just keep everyone this week and then combine their scores from this week and next week and vote out the lowest next week.
i'm so upset that Maks won't be on :(

Disneypixie513
10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Poor Misty! I'm really sad that she got injured and that she's off the show :(..But she needs to heal..The Achilles Tendon is not a good thing to injure.
Brooke and Derek are my favorite couple! Her dance was super pretty!
I also like Cody, Warren, and Maurice.
I'm glad Lance stuck with a traditional dance..
I dispised their dance last week, as i hated the song. :ack:
I'm with Len, stick to traditional dancing..
I'm really getting tired of Cloris, and Corky is just as annoying as she is.

pixiesmimi
10-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm upset about Misty, too. I hope this doesn't hurt her in Volley Ball.

I thought they were all good tonight, except Cloris, of course. I think the judges were too hard on them. I liked Cody's dance no matter what they said. Brooke is really good but it is going to be difficult to vote anyone off now (except Cloris). I sure hope that they don't bring Kim back. If they do, they definately need to vote Cloris off. I tried to vote tonight and the site wouldn't let me log in although I had the right log in info. I even checked and they sent me an email saying it was right but still wouldn't let me log in. :mad:

coloradowendyl
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
We have now reached the point that we fastforward past Cloris....she is making a mockery of the show. The other celebrities are working their butts off to do their best and she is a bad attempt at a comedy routine!

Last year they made a huge deal over Priscilla Presley being 63 and doing all of the dances...however, Susan Lucci is 61 and while, not the best dancer, is definitely putting in the work and time! Not one mention of her age and commitment (of course, odds are good,she doesn't want to discuss her age lol).

Send Cloris home...

Wendy

KarenP
10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
My favorites last night were Warren and Brooke.

Cloris was painful to watch again. Please let her go this week!

Len sure does not seem to like Lance and Lacey!

I was sad to see Misty get hurt. I hated to see her and Maks leave the competition. i could not help but notice that he sure looked smokin' hot dressed up in a suit last night!

JanetMegan
10-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Man what a terrible injury! I wonder if she will ever come back at volleyball as strong as she was! I have heard that is the single worst injury to come back from. I know she wanted time off to have a baby-but that was sure not the way to do it!

RedSoxFan
10-07-2008, 05:50 PM
I was saddened by Misty's injury.
I thought Maurice was great last.
Cloris needs to go home.
I liked Brooke, Cody and Warren too.

Stitchahula
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I've been so disapointed in this show the last few years. It seems to be more of a popularity contest then people voting for who is the better dancer. I mean come on how long is Cloris leachman going to hang around. She should've been gone right away. It was like when Master P was on and better dancers were sent home before him. I think before you know it some really awful dancer is going to win just because they have a huge fan base. Please don't get me wrong I still like the show I just don't like how some people that have no right staying are and the better dancer is sent packing.

MNNHFLTX
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I think before you know it some really awful dancer is going to win just because they have a huge fan base. I agree. As for Cloris still being on the show, it is not surprising to me as people are being encouraged to call in for her on the Vote for the Worst website.

LittleSpirit02
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I've been so disapointed in this show the last few years. It seems to be more of a popularity contest then people voting for who is the better dancer. I mean come on how long is Cloris leachman going to hang around. She should've been gone right away. It was like when Master P was on and better dancers were sent home before him. I think before you know it some really awful dancer is going to win just because they have a huge fan base. Please don't get me wrong I still like the show I just don't like how some people that have no right staying are and the better dancer is sent packing.

I agree. I am completely addicted to the show but there always seems to be one contestant who gets by on popularity and no so much the dancing. Marie Osmond comes to mind. I think Marissa had a bit of this last season, too. My favorites this season are Brooke, Lance and Toni. Although Cody and the runner (name isn't coming to mind) have impressed me, too.

pixiesmimi
10-13-2008, 11:36 PM
I thought the dancing tonight was all pretty good. They have finally stepped it up a notch. It will be hard to decide who to vote for. Even Cloris actually looked half way decent. I still think she should go but imagine it will be Rocco.

Stitchahula
10-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Brooke is my favorite this season too. She seems like a natural. I agree Cloris was surprisingly decent last night. I agree that it will be probably Rocco that will leave tonight but who knows. Cloris will probably be good at the jitterbug though since she was around when it was popular and probably did it when she was younger.

KarenP
10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I liked Brooke the best last night. Thought her dance was awesome. Len cracked me up thinking it was too erotic. He is so old fashioned!

Even though she was better than past weeks, I did not think Cloris deserved the scores that she got. I thought they were much too high.

I think Rocco will be going tonight but I wish Cloris was.

coloradowendyl
10-14-2008, 07:43 PM
The judging is definitely getting more critical.

Cloris finally did a respectable dance, but every week I wait for her to fall down those stairs in the beginning.

Rocco is getting the vote off tonight I am afraid!

And Len needs to lighten up, he has really gotten stodgy this year...more so than last season!

And, I thought it was hysterical when Bruno referred to Paula Abdul in regards to Carrie Ann. Her reaction was priceless!

Wendy

pixiesmimi
10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, we were all right. Still can't figure out except last night what has kept Cloris on. Seems they have been going on the popular vote rather than skill and talent.

LittleSpirit02
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I liked Brooke the best last night. Thought her dance was awesome. Len cracked me up thinking it was too erotic. He is so old fashioned!

Even though she was better than past weeks, I did not think Cloris deserved the scores that she got. I thought they were much too high.

I think Rocco will be going tonight but I wish Cloris was.

I think Cloris was overscored too. She and Cody got some of the same scores!? :huh: I'm glad she actually did a dance this week but it wasn't to the level of anyone else left on the show. I did think Brooke was great, though! I liked the song choice for them. Very fun and different.

KarenP
10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Wow, I thought Julianne and Cody and Derek and Brooke were awesome last night! I also really liked Warren and Kim.

I think the judges were a little hard on Lance. I thought he was good. I cannot believe that they scored Cloris the same as him. I did not think there was any comparison between the two. They are scoring Cloris in a league of her own.

DisneyLandMomma
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow, I thought Julianne and Cody and Derek and Brooke were awesome last night! I also really liked Warren and Kim.

I think the judges were a little hard on Lance. I thought he was good. I cannot believe that they scored Cloris the same as him. I did not think there was any comparison between the two. They are scoring Cloris in a league of her own.\

I agree with you on the first part. I really liked Brooke and Derek's dance. She is sooo good!! I really like Maurice and Cheryl too...I think they had a great song for their dance.

But I agreed with the judges on how they judged Lance and Lacey. I kept thinking it didn't look like he was doing anything and Lacey was doing all the work. I DO NOT think Cloris should of gotten the same score as them but I think they judged them right.

I really want Cloris to go tonight but I think it might be Susan maybe??

pixiesmimi
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
They just said on TV that Susan has two cracked bones in her foot along with her ankle injury. Said she might go because of this even though she danced well last night. They said Brook also injured her foot or leg. Are they getting too risky with their dances and practices with these people to cause so many injuries?

coloradowendyl
10-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I was really disappointed that Toni got voted off last night. I saw her on Jimmy Kimmel later on and she is of the opinion that Cloris will make it to the final 4...I was hoping that Toni would stick around longer and finally come out of her shell a bit.

The judging was very hard this week...I honestly don't think Lance and Cloris should have had the same scores, but I do think it is time for Susan Lucci to either step it up or get voted off. I get the feeling that the judges, Len actually, are not crazy about Lacy and they judge based on that, to an extent.

Wendy

Stich8818
10-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok so I may get heat for this but here goes...

For me Cloris it's getting old, I am tired of the shtick and it's just not funny anymore. I understand she is a living legend..But to see Toni go before her I felt was wrong. Corky her partner deserves to be grand champion to have to work with her.

Lance I feel they are as everyone else is saying they are really judging him harshly esp Len. I know on the show Monday that she did do all the work in the dance. I think for some reason Len has a thing against Lacy for some reason.

Warren,Brooke, and now Cody are coming into their own.

pixiesmimi
10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
They said on E today that this was the first time in the history of the show that a contestant voted off wouldn't stay for the interview afterwards. I think Toni probably has a chip on her shoulder about being voted off before Cloris, as well she should, I know I would. But that is just bad sportsmanship to act like that. They also said that Len won't be judging next week because of another engagement and the Riverdance guy, Flannery?, will be judging. What does he know about ballroom dancing? I think he will be tough. I think Corky acts as stupid as Cloris does.

I think they are being too hard on Lance and Lacy too. Except for his slip, I think he did well. The other couples have had times when the pro danced circles around them and they didn't plow into them that way.

pixiesmimi
10-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Sorry about the previous post. I had not watched all of this weeks shows at that time and didn't know that they had already revealed those facts. Duh! :D

Stich8818
10-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Did anyone else catch the little phrase that Len said when he was talking about Lance and Lacey about their preformance and he used the analogy when he said Mickey the Mouse...

:confused: Im thinking to myself .."Who do you have your contract through and what network are you on?"...Oh yeah ABC...Who is owned by ABC..The Walt Disney Company....and who is thier biggest star yes..Mickey Mouse.

TheDuckRocks
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Did anyone else catch the little phrase that Len said when he was talking about Lance and Lacey about their preformance and he used the analogy when he said Mickey the Mouse...

:confused: Im thinking to myself .."Who do you have your contract through and what network are you on?"...Oh yeah ABC...Who is owned by ABC..The Walt Disney Company....and who is thier biggest star yes..Mickey Mouse.

Yeah, I caught that! Woder if he has a negetive experience working for The Mouse.

RedSoxFan
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I did not watch last week's episode as I was in WDW. But I did hear from my niece that Toni got voted off. Cannot believe Cloris is still on the show. I did tivo it and will watch tomorrow.

Stitchahula
10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Cloris really needs to go tonight. Did anyone else think that she forgot what she was supposed to be doing during their dance. Same with Susan Lucci during the group dance at 1 point they showed her and she was basically standing there looking at everyone trying to figure out what to do. Why was Micheal Flately trying to talk with an Irish accent he's from the US. I'm so tired of seeing better dancers getting sent packing and ones that should've been gone the first couple of weeks sticking around.

TheDuckRocks
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Either Cloris or Susan Locci would be fine with me tonight, with the other going next week. After that we would be left with people who are really showing that they are working hard, enjoying themselves and have different levels of real talent at dancing.
Lance was amazing last night and I'm really pleased with how well Cody is doing, he seems to have taken a more serious attitude to his dancing and it shows.
Poor Brooke, did they say it is an Achilles tendon injury? If so I really can relate as I once was on crutches for 6 weeks with one. I think that Bruno and Cariann were being overly critical, that dance was very well done, with or without pain.

coloradowendyl
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Cloris and Susan are over their heads at this point. Carrie Ann got boo'ed by the audience last night, but I respect her for speaking the truth.Everyone else has been waffling around the issue....much more talented dancers who were really trying were voted off while Cloris has gotten the comedy/sympathy vote.

Just for giggles, I went to the DWTS boards on ABC and it is amazing the "save cloris" campaign going on! Personally, I think she has brought the level of the show down and if the producers decide to pull anothe publicity stunt like that next season, I may not watch. One of the best parts of the show in the past has been watching the steady progress of the stars and seeing the weak links voted off early.

I was highly impressed by Lance and Cody last night, felt very sorry for Brooke, and thought that Bruno was trying to take over for Len on the critical side last night.

Wendy

DisneyLandMomma
10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Cloris HAS GOT to go!! She's terrible...not even funny anymore. CarrieAnn was great for saying what everyone else is thinking. Cloris doesn't even seen to be trying anymore. In the group dance, she just stood there. :confused: Actually, I would be happy if Cloris or Susan would go tonight. She was terrible last night in the group dance. LOL I pray it's one of them and not anyone else.

And I agree with the above poster who said Bruno was taking over for Len's grumpiness. :blush:

RedSoxFan
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I would like to see Cloris go this week and Susan go next week. I thought Lance was the best last night.

Niecyboo
10-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I didn't get home until about halfway through it last night, turned it on, watched one dance and then turned it back off again. With all the poor decisions this year I just couldn't get that interested. I will admit I was thinking it may be back on tonight like last week, but didn't really miss it.

If they vote off anyone besides Cloris or Susan, I probably will just give up for the season. Even if they get rid of Susan, I will be upset that Cloris gets another week to dance. I can't understand why people make it a popularity contest, or just vote for somebody so they can laugh at them. If the viewers can't be trusted, they need to either give the judges more power or have viewers vote OFF who they don't want. That way all the serious voters actually get a say.

Stitchahula
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I so agree that they need to be able to do something so they have more power to vote off the really bad dancers. I'm really hoping that Cloris gets the boot tonight. Lets all keep our:fingers:

pixiesmimi
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Well it's about time! Finally someone had good sense to vote Cloris off! I applauded Carrie Anne last night with what she said but the judges were part of the problem this year because they kept complimenting her and tolerating it.

I, too, thought Susan acted last night like she was lost part of the way through the group dance but it said multitudes when Cloris didn't even dance in the dance because they knew she couldn't do it. That should have been a clue that she didn't belong there. I hate to see Susan voted off because I am a big fan of hers but she is probably the weakest link now.

I feel bad that Cody has lost his partner this far in and don't think he and Elina? will do as good as he and Julianne. She is perfect for him. I will be surprised if she comes back at all this season. What is it this year with all the illnesses and injuries?

indytraveler
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
If the viewers can't be trusted, they need to either give the judges more power or have viewers vote OFF who they don't want. That way all the serious voters actually get a say.

I agree with this.
Luckily Cloris got voted off. Maybe next season they can get people who actually will try to dance each week. I do understand the sponsors of the show get a voice on who they want. But seriously consider the dancing side a little more than the entertainment side.
Next week Susan. Then we can get down to dancing.

offwego
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
well now I can actually start watching!! Cloris was just to painful to watch. What was up with sitting down?

I'm looking forward to seeing far better dancing now.

TheDuckRocks
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
FINALLY!!!:joy:
Now if Susan goes next week all will be good.
I have always felt that with these shows like DWTS and American Idol voting someone off would be much more accurate.

Stitchahula
10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
:yay::woohoo:Thank god.I was holding my breath waiting for them to say her name hoping they would. I'm a fan of susan lucci too but only on the soap her dancing has been ok not great though. I do think she should probably be next to go. I can't believe how many injuries there has been this season. Myabe if they DWTS wants to keep putting on these bad dancers they should have a reunion show for just them kind of the worst of dancing with the stars.

KarenP
10-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I am so glad Cloris finally got the boot. It was about time!!! Susan needs to go next for sure.

RedSoxFan
10-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I went to bed with a smile on my face when Cloris was sent home. Now lets hope Susan goes home next week.

pixiesmimi
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
:yay::woohoo:Thank god.I was holding my breath waiting for them to say her name hoping they would. I'm a fan of susan lucci too but only on the soap her dancing has been ok not great though. I do think she should probably be next to go. I can't believe how many injuries there has been this season. Myabe if they DWTS wants to keep putting on these bad dancers they should have a reunion show for just them kind of the worst of dancing with the stars.

I've watched Susan for years on her show (I don't watch now) and admired her for being a strong actress, but I have been really shocked about how insecure and timid she really seems to be. I thought she would come out strong in this competition whether she could dance or not, and I have been disappointed in her. She has tried hard but it really is time to go. I'm not sure whether she should have gone before Toni or not but Cloris should have gone before all of them. That was such an insult to all of them and I think they should complain about it. I think Cloris sitting down was just another way for her to grab the attention. The woman mc (can't think of her name) was getting a little frustrated about not being able to complete her spiel because of Cloris' antics.

Stich8818
10-30-2008, 05:54 PM
She is gone...nothing against her, but it was getting painful to watch. I was reading somewere that some of the people on the show were getting really sick of her antics. This also includes Samantha Harris that was getting really fustrated with her taking her cue cards acting up backstage. Of course there was denials contrary to the story.

Disneyatic
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
So what did everyone think about the group dances?
I am pulling for Lance & Lacey and when I saw that they got picked by "Team Lucci" I thought "Uh-oh, they are sunk!" I don't think the scoring system for the groups was very fair!

RedSoxFan
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Didn't think the group dances were too bad. Although Susan Lucci seemed lost in it again. I really hope she goes home tonight. Brooke and Derek were amazing.

DisneyMomma23
11-04-2008, 02:16 PM
i really enjoyed the group dances last night. its fun watching the couples work together. i wasn't a fan of lance and lacey's in the beginning but i do feel bad that they (and even cody/edyta) worked so hard during the group dance and got a low score bc of susan. i think that susan is trying to learn the dances but she doesn't have enough practice time bc of AMC, so she should go this week.

as for cody i think len was too hard on him, i thought for the first time working with edyta he did amazingly well.

Stich8818
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok I would really like to know the issue that Len has with Lance and Lacey? I thought it was a fleeding thing but it almost seems like it is a vendetta with him to really not whant L&L to do well. Last night I really was not looking at their feet at all..I was paying attention to the dance and that should have been what he made a point to do. I am really getting tired of his relentless critizing of them, it really seems as with every year he picks one team and just makes them suffer for some reason. Like last year..he did not do well with Krusty and Mark at first then finally came around..but this year no so much so....

Not to mention..he hates hip hop dancing..is it not odd that he took his week off the week they do the group hip hop?....

Which then leads to this question too...Lacey was on So you think you can dance..wich is a lot of hip hop dancing in the show...hum..interesting

pixiesmimi
11-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I love Susan Lucci but I was so afraid that they would vote Cody off first. I think he has done better. This season's track record of voting doesn't leave me confident on any star. It is really going to be tough from here on out because I think all of the remaining couples are terrific.

pixiesmimi
11-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Well, Cody's gone and I'm sad to see him go. But of the four left, I think he was the one to go. I have always thought Brook was going to win but now I am kind of rooting for Lance. He has gotten really good. This one is going to be a close one because they are all good. But because of the scores, I still think Brook will win. I don't know why I watch on Mondays because they always recap everything on Tuesday.

RedSoxFan
11-19-2008, 07:16 AM
I agree, of the 4 that were left, Cody was the right choice to leave. He's done very well for being a kid. I, too, am rooting for Lance to win. I love their dances and how they take chances. Should be fun to watch next week.

KarenP
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I hated to see anyone go since I think the final 4 are all very deserving, but I do agree Cody was probably the right choice.

I find myself starting to root for Lance too. I have liked him all along but he has really stepped it up lately. It should be a fun finale to watch!

DisneyLandMomma
11-19-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm so happy with the top three. I've been rooting for Brooke and Warren since the beginning but Lance and Lacey's dances Monday night were wonderful!! They did such a great job. I hope they win!!

Disneypixie513
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
I had a feeling Cody was going to get voted off, and i'm sad, but it was the right choice. I'm definately voting for Brooke to win. My second choice would be Warren. Something about Lce just doesn't click with me. He's definately no Joey Fatone.

CU Tiger
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I liked Cody, but I think it was his time to go. It is hard for me to pick who of the top three I want to win. I like each for a different reason. I think Brook deserves it, since she has been fairly consistent all season. Sapp is my second choice. Anyone that big that can move with speed and grace also deserves it. :mickey:

Stitchahula
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
:dance::woohoo: I'm so glad that brooke won and warren came in second. I think brooke was the best dancer and warren was the one that you really enjoyed watching. I really believe that the 3 that deserved it the most were in the finals instead of it being a popularity contest. I do think that the guy that was "roasting" them kind of got nasty with the guys though expecially lance. I wonder if they knew what he was going to say before hand or if everyone was as shocked as I was.

RedSoxFan
11-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Brooke deserved to win. She was the best. But I'm happy with the top 3. Warren seems like a loveable guy. The comic guy doing the roasting was rude in my opinion. I don't think it was necessary.

pixiesmimi
11-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I really think Lance should have come in second. Warren was a good entertainer but Lance was a much better dancer and deserved to be second.

Disneypixie513
11-27-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm also very happy that Brooke won. I'm also glad that Derek finally won too. They definately deserved it. They had the best Freestyle IMO.
I totally think that the comedian was realy rude. Especially to Lance. It was just uncalled for.