PDA

View Full Version : I chose all our restaurants :)

2Princesses4Us
07-26-2008, 10:45 AM
we are going in September and my husband is the type who just goes along for the ride... I do all the planning, packing, and anticipating! He just talks to the kids about it :)
BTW, they are 6, 3, an 1.

Anyway, here are my ideas for our meals. Experiences and/or comments are appreciated!

Day One MK
Cinderella Castle lunch
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station dinner

Day Two AK
Tusker House breakfast
Yak and Yeti Market late lunch/early dinner
HALLOWEEN PARTY THIS NIGHT!

Day Three MGM Studios
Hollywood and Vine lunch
ABC Commissary dinner

Day Four MK (MY birthday!)
Chef Mickeys breakfast
Cosmic Ray's Cafe late lunch/early dinner

Is Tusker and Chef Mickey's redundant? Both seem fun but I wonder if they are too similar?

Has anyone been to the new Yak and Yeti Market? It looks great in my guidebook!
The Noodle Station looks great too... any experiences?

THANKS!
Can't wait!

Minnie Imagineer
07-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Cinderella Castle: my favorite restaurant on disney property! a must!
Noodle station: haven't been
tusker house: i don't think its like Chef Mickeys, i like their buffet!
yak and yeti: havent been
H&V: i didn't like this, my least favorite...bad food
ABC: i don't like the food here
chef mickeys: I love this! so much fun! great waffles! your kids should love this, I do!
Cosmic rays: havent been

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I can only comment on two since those are the only ones I tried:

Cinderellas Royal Table-WE loved our dinner there and felt it was an experience everyone should try once....:)

ABC Commissary: Hands down the worst meal we ever had at Disney and definitely we will never go back.....:(

2Princesses4Us
07-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I just read the "to which restaurant would you never return?" post, and I am crossing off ABC and possibly Hollywood and Vine. Of course, H and V is a reservation so now I need to try to find something to replace it.

Other experiences? especially from recent visitors, for Noodle Station in MK and Yak and Yeti? These two look really good to me (from the description)

THANK YOU! :mickey:

Guya103
07-26-2008, 07:19 PM
I agree, H & V is not worth it.

I would change it to Prime Time 50's. That is a great one for all ages.

Great counter service at DHS is Starring Rolls. They have fantastic sandwiches!

I have never been to the Noodle Station nor have I heard any reviews about it. It has always peaked my curiousity but I have never taken the time to dine there. We have too many favorites!

Chef Mickeys is a must for us on every trip. The food is always great and the experience is a memorable one.

Any other restaurants you may be interested in?:mickey:

Jarrod
07-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Alot of intercotees don't seem to like the Noodle Station, but we tried it on our last trip and we enjoyed it for a change. Yak & Yeti is really good. Definitely I would switch from H & V to 50's prime time. Cosmic Rays is great for CS and has a cute show to watch. We always go to Cosmic Rays, even if its just for a snack.

Young@Heart
07-27-2008, 12:19 PM
We haven't tried a lot of the restaurants you listed, but they seem like really good choices. :mickey: We like the experience at CRT, and if you haven't been, it's something you should do at least once. I doubt we'll go back and use 2 TS credits there again, but it was worth it one time for the experience in the castle. :cloud9:

Vinny
07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I have only been to four of the restaurants you listed so I will limit my review to those places.

Yak & Yeti Market
I was a little disappointed when I first ate here during my last trip in February both in terms of the small menu selection and high prices in contrast to the serving size.

Hollywood & Vine
Despite the number of negative reviews I had read about H&V prior to dinning there last fall, it turned out to be a great experience. There was something on the menu for everyone to enjoy.

ABC Commissary
We only usually stop in here for a quick lunch from time to time before heading to a show or a different park. It has the fare - burgers, fries, ect.

Cosmic Rays
Similar to the ABC Commissary we stop in here from time to time. Have never had a bad meal.

Enjoy your trip!!

alaMode
07-28-2008, 08:47 AM
and 18 months later, I still get queasy thinking about it. It was the worst meal I've had at WDW, followed by the ABC Comissary--also pretty awful! My party of 4 agrees!
Tess

yjgirl32
07-28-2008, 08:57 AM
I have eaten at the Castle and it was a great experience. I also enjoyed the food a lot. We ate there for lunch too.

Chef Mickey's was a blas and so much food to choose from. My son 3 at the time enjoyed all of it- the food, characters waving his towel when they sing. It was great!

ABC- I didn't care for too much. The service was ok and the food was not real great but it got us out of the sun.

Hope you have a great trip!

beksy
07-28-2008, 12:23 PM
We had lunch at the castle and loved the atmosphere. The food was pretty good too.

Chef Mickey's is a must do for us. The food, service, and character interaction were all great!

Cosmic Ray's is also a must do for us. We loved all the different options in one building and the cute entertainment!

synesthesiademo
07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
My family ate at the Noodle Station a couple of weeks ago - it was standard Chinese food. My parents and my sister didn't like it...as for me, I thought it was okay. I had beef and broccoli - the taste was okay but the meal was mostly rice.

I want to try Cosmic Ray's, though, we passed by it and it looked like they had a huge selection!

2Princesses4Us
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
okay... I think that I had better change Noodle Station. It looks really good in my books but I cannot do fast-good Chinese food. There are only two Chinese restaurants here where I live that I will eat because of the stomach-ache I get if I ever eat anywhere else :)

So, Cosmic Ray's seems to be the popular choice! THANKS!

bkfree
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
We are also going to check out Cosmic Rays on our upcoming trip in Dec.

I also changed our ADR from Hollywood and VIne to 50's Prime Time.
I have never eaten at either one but I changed it because-
I seem to be reading much more bad then good reviews.
It seemed we had too many buffet ADR's.
I got an earlier time at 50's, so we would have plenty of time to see Osborne Lights, Fantasmic and get ready for Late EMH.

Chef MIckey's is one of our favorite places as is Crystal Palace.
Both are musts on every trip.

SBETigg
08-03-2008, 11:59 PM
The Noodle Station is truly mediocre, and not surprisingly, most often closed. It's really not worth it with all the good counter service offerings in the Magic Kingdom. Instead, try Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray's, Casey's, or Pecos Bill Cafe-- all of them far superior to the Noodle Station.

Also, if you're going in September and haven't made ADRs yet, good luck! Call and see what is available. Take what they offer. Do not wait another day.

2Princesses4Us
08-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks Sherri. I think we'll skip Noodle Station... too bad, because I really love the IDEA of it and what I thought it would be! :)

anyway, I have ADRs for all four BIG meals... Chef MIckeys, Castle, H and V, and Tuskers.

:mickey:

Natazu
08-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Cinderella Castle lunch-
I'm not a big fan of the castle since the price went through the roof but it's all about the experience. It's certainly cheaper to do it now while two of the little ones are under 4.

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station dinner-
I liked the Noodle Station better before they changed the menu but we still like to eat there when we can catch it open.

Tusker House breakfast-
Just another $20 breakfast buffet. Not much to rave about foodwise, but the character interaction is good and it's an easy way to find Donald.

Yak and Yeti Market late lunch/early dinner-
Y&Y TS - too cool for words
Y&Y CS - uh, Flame Tree is a short walk

Hollywood and Vine lunch-
Another passable buffet, but still just a buffet. Don't expect anything stellar and you're in-and-out.

ABC Commissary dinner-
How about this: Have lunch at Backlot or Starring Rolls, then a nice dinner at 50s or Mama Melrose?

Chef Mickeys breakfast-
More average food and average character interaction. Chef Mickey's is much better for dinner though, the food is actually pretty good then.

Cosmic Ray's Cafe late lunch/early dinner-
Pretty good food, probably one of the better CS locations in the parks. The rib/chicken combo is a great value and has veggies.