PDA

View Full Version : asmu family suites?

grandmalovesmickey
07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Can any tell me about The ASMU family suites. I am think about t rying them for a Sept 2009 trip. There would be 6 adults and 1 child. Do they have two bathrooms, do any have connenting rooms? Thank you for your help

Pirate Granny
07-25-2008, 11:01 PM
We never stayed in the suite, however when we were there I took a peek while the mousekeeper was cleaning for a new guest. They are two rooms that have a connecting door towards the rear of the room. Only one door to enter...you walk into the living area, which has a fold out couch, and a fold out chair (maybe two chairs...not sure)...and a bathroom, a small frig and microwave...TV too. The bedroom had one bed and it's own TV and bathroom (if child was in a crib, they could sleep in this room)...but I'm not sure if they would be big enough for six adults...I'm sure someone else will post and let you know. The rooms that I saw were all on the first floor.
:pirate:

CleveRocks
07-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Unless the child is under 3 years old, you won't be permitted to stay there. The ASMu Family Suites sleep 6. If the child is 3 years old or over, then your party has 7 people, and you won't be permitted to book the suite.

The suite IS 2 connecting rooms, which have been converted into a suite. There are 2 bathrooms.

If the child is 3 or older, then you'd need to book two regular rooms and request that they be connecting rooms. Two standard rooms are slightly LESS expensive than one suite.

grandmalovesmickey
07-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Unless the child is under 3 years old, you won't be permitted to stay there. The ASMu Family Suites sleep 6. If the child is 3 years old or over, then your party has 7 people, and you won't be permitted to book the suite.

The suite IS 2 connecting rooms, which have been converted into a suite. There are 2 bathrooms.

If the child is 3 or older, then you'd need to book two regular rooms and request that they be connecting rooms. Two standard rooms are slightly LESS expensive than one suite.

Our grandson will be 2 1/2 at time of trip. Two standard room LESS expensive, i will have to check into this. Thank you for the infomation.

hokies4life
07-26-2008, 10:31 AM
You can't guarentee though that you'll be able to get connecting rooms, you can just request it. So it might be worth paying the bit more money to have your whole party in the same suite.

:chipdale:

MauiMouse
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I have pictures of the Family Suites if you want you can view them from my home page and then click on Disney All-Star Music. They start on page 2 with the inside of the suite.

lighteningqueen
07-26-2008, 04:34 PM
We stayed there last Dec and LOVED it !!!!!. It has or looks like an apartment. There is no conecting door from one room to the next. It is layed out like a 1 bedroom apartment. The room you enter is the living room 1 full sofa sleeper, 1 twin size oversized chair that makes to a twin. The ottoman makes out to a twin size bed as well. The bedroom has its own door and is a queen bed. the bath off the bedroom is full sized and has a kitchen nook between the two. at the end of the living room it has another full bath. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It has 2 tvs as well 2 safes, If the child is small and is in a crib you could stay but otherwise probably have to get 2 rooms. You won't be disappointed if you choose this one. We were in the calypso building. 3rd floor and never heard a peep or noise from the pool directly below. Great CLEAN rooms.

TammiMcMan
07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Can any tell me about The ASMU family suites. I am think about t rying them for a Sept 2009 trip. There would be 6 adults and 1 child. Do they have two bathrooms, do any have connenting rooms?Others have given descriptions of the room and it's amenities, plus you can see a few pictures and the room layout here, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmusic/default.asp . The suites do not connect to single rooms.

At one time, you couldn't apply discounts to the suites, but that's changed. If you're timing is good, you might be able to get AAA rates or even free dining in the suite (if it's offered again).

bmj721
07-27-2008, 03:48 PM
On the subject of the suites, does anyone know if the living room and the bedroom have separate temperature controls? I have a very overheated DH and an always cold mother-in-law. I'm hoping to keep both happy.
:mickey:

lighteningqueen
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
no only one control in the hallway. But we all bring small fans to put next to the bed.. Made things wonderful. We went in Dec still needed the fans and air...

lighteningqueen
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh my daughter says they did have a control in their room yipee for you

bmj721
07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Much Thanks. Peace will reign.
:thumbsup:

DisneyGrrrl
07-30-2008, 08:27 AM
We stayed there for a week in May just a couple of months ago and we absolutely loved it. We are now DVC members (and using it for the first time next week!) but we wouldn't hesitate to stay at ASMu Suites again if we ran out of DVC points.

I will say that I think 6 adults is excessive to stay in one room. Even though it's two rooms that they fused together and it has two full baths, I would say no more than four adults, tops. We were there with DH, DD, DMIL and I and it felt crowded still sometimes.

Just a personal preference. But we really enjoyed our experience there and found it to be the best value resort as we have stayed at all four of them at some point along the way.

But NOW - we are Saratoga Springs bound! WOOHOO! 7 more days! :number1:

Mousemates
07-31-2008, 10:50 PM
At one time, you couldn't apply discounts to the suites, but that's changed. If you're timing is good, you might be able to get AAA rates or even free dining in the suite (if it's offered again).

I didn't realize this change had occurred, thanks very much for this bit of information.