PDA

View Full Version : What can't grandma go on?

Aisling
07-25-2008, 07:29 PM
My grandmother is coming out to visit in September and we're taking her to Disneyland. She's had hip surgery (a few years back) and gets around slowly. We're going to rent her a wheelchair, but I was wondering if there are certain rides that she just wouldn't be able to go on. Before you start listing rides like Space Mtn, Indy, etc., I mean rides like Jungle Cruise, or Autopia where she doesn't have to walk up/down a lot of steps to get to the ride. OR, are there certain rides that they can't stop for her to get on or off. I know Haunted Mansion can stop the ride, but I don't know about any others.
Does this make sense? I'm just trying to plan out a fun day for her that won't make her feel like we or she is missing out on anything. If I know in advance a ride wouldn't work out, then we can steer her to a different place.
Thanks everyone!

MegaDisney
07-25-2008, 07:31 PM
All rides at the DLR are accessible and have procedures to load guests who need assistance or extra time loading.

You will want to visit City Hall and get a pass for her to allow access to some rides via alternate entrances or via the exits.

Aisling
07-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Great! Thanks for the info and I'm glad to know she can go on anything she likes.:thumbsup: