PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa ?

laward32
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I had a question about getting the 6 month no interest on a package using my card. Do I have to charge the whole package at time of reservation, or can I just put the deposit and make monthly payments with the card? I am not real sure how this works. I just recently got my card and I looking at booking a trip and then next year maybe a land and sea package. Any help will be awesome.:mickey::rocks:

CleveSJM
07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey Liz.

Nope. Just the deposit at first, unless you are inside of 45 days on the reservation, then the whole thing.

At 45 days out, you charge the balance to the card. So the 6 months isn't really from the vacation start date, more like 4.5 months after the vacation starts but 6 months from the charge.

You'll see the package charges in your normal balance, but also on page 2 of your statement in a little promotions section that shows zero interest. You don't have to pay those promotion charges off until the expiration dates displayed. I would recommended paying your other, non vacation charges off monthly though to keep your interest charge at $0.

TINKERBELL_82
07-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Does this work for room only reservations as well? Does anyone know what constitutes a "package"?

Thanks!!:mickey:

Tink1
07-25-2008, 01:52 PM
It does not work for Room only reservations, it has the be a WDW Travel Company package and charged by them.

If you are booking through a travel agent, make sure the packages is booked and charged by WDW Travel Company. Some agencies use different suppliers (southwest vacations, funjet etc) or charge the cards to the agency and then they pay the supplier. (and in case anyone is wondering-we book all packages through WDWTC and they run the charge so you do get your 0%)

nanc

Donald's Girl
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
When you are booking room only, ask if you can do the "Basic" package. When we went last year, we booked 4 night MYW with dining but had our PHs for 8 days. Then, we went to BCV for 3 nights on a basic package. Couldn't extend the dining that way but did get all the extras with a package (miniature golf, PH discount, etc.).
We were able to charge both packages with 6 month interest free, just had to pay 2 deposits at booking.
Call WDW travel and ask them about the Basic package. It didn't sound like we got it just because we had the other package too. Doesn't hurt to ask!